SD copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nietzsc

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
México
Ufffff!!! always great to read people defending a device or a "device maker"

I think that there are some mods that are posted here so people can make them at home, so the main reason for them to exist is that we all can make them if we are into "crafty" projects.

So those mods are on the forums for us to try and make them. Given the flashlight origin of the SD I say make them, and if you have the resources to sell or distribute them, go ahead cause there are a lot of people that don't have the skills or just not into DIY devices so they want to buy them already made.

Now, I always defend Chinese suppliers based on better prices as long as I buy sth with good quality. I mean, I can buy any standard e-cig cheaper from chinese suppliers than USA or UK ones.

But in this particular case the DSE905 has been reported as faulty and given the numerous posts about that white plastic atty connector breaking or getting loose. I say, don´t buy it until there is an improvement. For what I know the SD also has its faulty spots. At the end of the day is a competition, meaning that the one offering the lowest price with better quality wins.

THICKFOG

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2009
ATLANTA, GA.
Ya know, most of us just want to vape as cheaply as possible,,I've made several HV mod and have been happy with most of them. Most people in my opinion don't want to spend 100+ dollars on a battery holder..So, if it happens to be the chinese that can give us what we want at a disposable price, then my money is with them. I've never even consider buying a HV mod, until I saw the DSE905. It has everything I want in a mod. Sorry to say, but you small time distributors are going to have to step up your game or lower your prices to compete. Good luck to you all.

Wireguy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham Al
So how much did it cost you?

First I would love to have one of his products, his and one other I won't name, but I'm to cheap. I also like building things so you know. Just wish I still had access to a mill and a lathe.:(

Now all of that said if there is one pv out there that isn't just a battery box it's the GG products. They have become over time a one of a kind complete system. He makes or has everything made but the batteries and maybe the mouth piece/cart.

A lot of the people that like his products will continue to buy them even if there is a cheap knock off. $30/40 won't be an issue.

Would I buy the knock off? No. It's function is only part of the appeal to me. The ascetics are just as important

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
Roughly $205. My girlfriend just bought a Gucci bag (she won't tell me how much it cost), so she can't say anything to me :D

First I would love to have one of his products, his and one other I won't name, but I'm to cheap. I also like building things so you know. Just wish I still had access to a mill and a lathe.:(

Now all of that said if there is one pv out there that isn't just a battery box it's the GG products. They have become over time a one of a kind complete system. He makes or has everything made but the batteries and maybe the mouth piece/cart.

A lot of the people that like his products will continue to buy them even if there is a cheap knock off. $30/40 won't be an issue.

Would I buy the knock off? No. It's function is only part of the appeal to me. The ascetics are just as important

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com

Very interesting to hear all opinions - I am really glad (and I know Imeo would be too) that you see the GG poducts as an all-round vaping solution - this is definitely what Imeo intended.
The funny thing is - he has just made his own custom mouthpiece/cart (today) and he is working on a adjustable voltage device that will resemble a battery - so he will have done it all, very shortly. :D

About knock-offs - those who buy them would probably have never bought the original - it's the same thing with designer clothes isn't it?

Roughly $205. My girlfriend just bought a Gucci bag (she won't tell me how much it cost), so she can't say anything to me :D

heheheheehehe, I would not be surprised if your girlfriend's Gucci bag cost more than 4 times what you paid for your GG. I know which I think was better value for money. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

Thanks a lot my friend!! I also made a mouth piece tonight:):):)

You are so right about those cheap models but not anyone is able to buy the best, so I understand. But please guys, dont buy the copiers, you will save some money but you will pay them later!!! Also you help crappy people to survive. This is not a competition its a theft;)

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
There is yet another "copy" being marketed by our friends in China. I know that you don't want me to give a link to show this, or mention other suppliers names in your forum, so I'll do a litle rhyming here so you get the idea. The name of the e-cig rhymes with "The Brick". and it's made by somebody who's name kinda sounds like Granty.
I was looking at a Chinese suppliers site the other day and noticed that they are also marketing the exact same thing under a very similar name. It's even the same color! I don't have a clue how they are getting away with this, as now you're dealing with corporations instead of individuals. Unless the have granted them permission to build these under license, I don't see how they are able to do this.
It seems like the same type of copying that the Screwdriver is going through.

womblebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2008
UK
There is yet another "copy" being marketed by our friends in China. I know that you don't want me to give a link to show this, or mention other suppliers names in your forum, so I'll do a litle rhyming here so you get the idea. The name of the e-cig rhymes with "The Brick". and it's made by somebody who's name kinda sounds like Granty.
I was looking at a Chinese suppliers site the other day and noticed that they are also marketing the exact same thing under a very similar name. It's even the same color! I don't have a clue how they are getting away with this, as now you're dealing with corporations instead of individuals. Unless the have granted them permission to build these under license, I don't see how they are able to do this.
It seems like the same type of copying that the Screwdriver is going through.

Your right Biteme52 all sorts of copying going on these days, but i think this one differs a bit, it's not really a copy of a American or European mod, not really hand made, Granty get their parts from Joytech a chinese company and re brand them the same as a lot of suppliers do, all their atomisers and e-cigs used to be anyway, it may have changed, order enough of anything and you can call it what you want, maybe this is a case of the Chinese copying the Chinese ;)

ladybug

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
northern calif.
My main vapes are 2 screwdrivers and an exhaler,I like them all of them,tho I keep coming back to the screwdriver! I have 2 screwdrivers,because one was supposed to be for backup,but my hubby has my backup in his mouth all the time! So, I was thinking the cheap knockoff would be a great xmas present for him, and I could secure my back-off original S.D. for myself!

jwood

Oct 10, 2009
Your right Biteme52 all sorts of copying going on these days, but i think this one differs a bit, it's not really a copy of a American or European mod, not really hand made, Granty get their parts from Joytech a chinese company and re brand them the same as a lot of suppliers do, all their atomisers and e-cigs used to be anyway, it may have changed, order enough of anything and you can call it what you want, maybe this is a case of the Chinese copying the Chinese ;)

Actually "granty" as you call them have an agreement with "groye?" to allow them to produce an OEM of the exact same item. This isn't a copy by any means.

On the note of copies, and I don't want to ruffle anyones feathers here but... Every mod is going to have similarities to it's predecessor. I'm NOT saying the GG isn't an amazing piece of work or that Imeo isn't possibly the most innovative mod maker to date, but at the end of the day, progress isn't about reinventing the wheel, it's about taking ideas from what IS available and improving on it.

"Improving" being a very subjective term of course, for example some people (myself included) dislike the end button of the original SD and if I were considering the "original" or the "copy" I'd have to get the copy for the side button on it.

Competition breeds innovation, and lower pricing. After all, at this point all the commercial "mods" are little more than glorified battery tubes anyway (discounting the AFS, now that is one awesome innovation)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Yes, eastmall have HV atomizers. It was my idea, I asked for them, I said it to eastmall (when we had an agreement for partenership) and they made 200 for me. Then they deside to make more of them without me.;);). Thats life, I dont complain for now but I have faith:):)

So yes my friend, small companies like mine have to move fast, just like I do. We will never see money from this e-cig history, but its ok for me, I like the glory that I changed the e-cig world like Trog did at the first place.:)

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
you of course WOMBLE - are absolutely correct ---

stick
is made by joyetech
Yanty had an exclusive and so it was the Yanty stick
now Yanty's exclusive has expired
and this -joyetech - product is available to anyone for wholesale-----
like joyetechs 501 e-cigs and other products.
the name stick is not any renaming --- this is joyetechs original name and is clearly in the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread