Remembering Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well, the comment made by@Bronze can't be topped. I have several pleasant remembrances of Robino1 talking some politics, some Provari, some HHV and a whole lot of Big Thread about most any and every thing.
I also recall getting out of bounds a few times, when chastised by Robin, I felt bad about going off the rails but not resentful about the reprimand. She used the lightest kindest touch when reining it all in.
Same here. I recall getting out of bounds a few times myself and being gently chastised by Robin, too. Funny how brand loyalty (Provari) can get you fired up in a heated debate. Other moderators might close the thread on the spot for getting out of hand. But Robin understood it was all in fun and just gave us a fair warning to reign it in "tongue in cheek" style. Maybe because Robin had multiple Provari's, she understood the brand loyalty thing, but being an ECF moderator she had a job to do and she did it in the kindest and most effective way possible. She was definitely a "people person".

To husband Rick, my prayers go out to you and your family. You undoubtedly married your best friend, and she was like a best friend to all of us on ECF who knew her as Robino1.

Last edited:

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Robin was an amazing, giving person. A true inspiration. I am honored I got to meet her in person, she blew away my expectations of what a wonderful woman she was.

Godspeed Robin. My deepest condolences to you, her family. Know in your hearts we were all blessed to have her in our lives.

Gone from our lives but never from our hearts.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I was honored to be at the Florida meet up recently. I had little interaction with Robin previously as we frequented different threads but when we met it was like reuniting with an old friend. Robin had a knack for making you comfortable and even at that stage had such a upbeat, positive attitude that it was infectious. She was the very definition of courageous, facing what was in front of her head on, and inspirational in her outlook and attitude.

D65D787B-2994-4B3D-9322-B4463F87D312.jpeg

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I was honored to be at the Florida meet up recently. I had little interaction with Robin previously as we frequented different threads but when we met it was like reuniting with an old friend. Robin had a knack for making you comfortable and even at that stage had such a upbeat, positive attitude that it was infectious. She was the very definition of courageous, facing what was in front of her head on, and inspirational in her outlook and attitude.

View attachment 772471
B2L I love this picture :wub:. I can't remember what made us all crack up.

BTW as soon as hubs recovers from his bypass we'll come visit you.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I have been trying to come up with what to say sense the announcement. I never really had a lot of direct interaction with Robin, or really anyone else here on ECF. I kind of stick to a few threads, and usually only post when I really have something to contribute to the conversation. That being said I do read a lot of posts, and after 5 years of reading someone’s posts, you kind of feel like you have gotten to know them. Every time I see these posts about Robin it just brings me to tears. It kind of surprises me that I feel this way about someone, I never really met in person. I guess I just need to say that even though I kind of do a lot of lurking and reading, I am going to miss her. My prayers go out to her family and friends, who really knew her. It is hard losing some one close to you, and thou you never forget the difference they made in your life, it does get easier with time.

KAS

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
Long ago I asked a question that was similar to so many others we've seen. Who is this Heather and is her e-juice any good? Don't know why but it seemed there were lots of others who also wanted to know or already knew because they all showed up and fast. Looked like we had ourselves a little HHV community going...albeit male dominated. Thinking a touch of female grace is always a good thing I kept my eye out for just the person. Not long after, GT and I were poking around ECF and came upon a Vivi Nova thread. And there she was...a lost, clueless, but yearning vaping soul. Just like us. Our Robin.

Kind of thought it would be really nice if we could get Robin to join us on our new thread. So GT and I put on our charm offensive...the usual stupid, juvenile humor that surely made people laugh at us instead of with us. But, being stupid men, we didn't know. Robin had to know. But being who she was I'm sure she saw our hearts more than our stupid humor. I asked her to join us on HHV. Good grief Bronze! You're not asking her on a date! But I really wanted her to join us because I knew everyone would like her. I didn't want her to say no. And she didn't. This became her home. Robin was ours.

And we were hers.

Robin had a special talent for knocking things over and breaking them. She reminded me of my beloved mother who would bump into a picture hanging on the wall. She'd go to straighten it and make it worse. Robin trusted me to fix her Provari because she knew I was pretty handy with stuff. It arrived and when I opened the package and looked at it I thought to myself, "How in the hell did this broad do this!?" It was a mess. I couldn't describe what she had done to her Provari. I just knew I couldn't fix it. Turns out ProVape couldn't either. They just replaced the business end of it and called it done. She felt horrible because Rick let her splurge on that Provari. I suspect Rick knew that thing would have to get surgery a time or two. I mean, he was married to her.

A little over a year ago we lost another HHV Army member, our fourth in our short existence. It hurts. I texted Robin to let her know Chris had suddenly passed away. She was standing at a pharmacy counter at the time. She hurried home and called me. We talked for 2-1/2 hours. I never talk to anyone for 2-1/2 hours. I can't even think for 2-1/2 hours let alone talk. We talked about Chris and talked about her health and just about every other topic you can think of. Like Ret said, Robin could make you feel like you've known her your entire life. I remember repeating several times over that she doesn't have anything to worry about. People survive colon cancer all the time and especially when they find it early enough. She believed it too.

I clench my fists and scream at God, "Why, why, why would you take this sweet lady?! Damn you!! What did she ever do to anyone? Why? Tell me why? Please, I have to know." There are no answers. Just the low pitch hum of feeling alone and not knowing to be sad or angry as I stare at things that reflect in my eyes but go no further. I wait to wake up. But I'm not sleeping. Our Robin is gone but I cannot accept it. Not this lady. Not now. She has given so much and has so much more to give. Damn you, God!! I will need forgiving.

I sit here with the hum slowly coursing through my head sulking and feeling sorry for myself. I can only imagine the pain Rick must feel. The silence he faces in the house he and Robin built together. I can't offer any advice. Rick is his own man. But perhaps I can offer some hope because it's how I think of my hero, angel, and guiding light...my mother, who passed away 17 years and 2 days before Robin. I kept talking to her after she passed. Day after day. Then one day I heard her answer. Not really, but only because I knew her so well I knew what she would say. She told me she loved me and I would do her proud to live the rest of my life as happy as I could. From that point forward, the tears subsided. The incessant image of her lying in pain faded and was replaced with her beautiful face….laughing, smiling, and being happy. Grieve Rick. Grieve as long as you need. But one day when you're ready, talk to Ms. Robin. Ask her to speak to you. You will know what she would say because she already said it. And we all know Robin. It will be something good.

"Hi there people. Bronze thanks for the invite :)"
---October 4, 2012

No Robin. Thank you!

Your light forever shines in our lives.

9848d505-7a01-4554-8e82-1739f6a6e466-jpeg.771701
Bronze, I’ve just seen this thread. Been a long time reader in the ECF threads but only really began posting I think during the time of the Kayfun 5. I’ve read every single page from the Kayfun Lite days up to the more recent models.

Robin’s posts always stuck out. Obviously I didn’t know the lady at all but she seemed funny and liked by everyone. After a very long time of reading posts by certain people, it’s almost as if you know them personally. In a strange way I suppose. Shocked at the news of her passing and my sincerest condolences to everyone who knew and loved her.

And that tribute that you have written here Bronze, is one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever read.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Your light forever shines in our lives.

Oh, Bronze. Words escape me. Thank you for your beautiful tribute to the beautiful woman. I still can't believe she's gone. So young and full of life. So gentle and goofy and friendly--and brave.

Dearest Robin, may you Rest in Peace. Heartfelt condolences to her Family.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
I’ve been away for nearly two years, back today only to see “Resting in Peace” beneath Robin’s avatar. My heart breaks for the HHV family, who knew her well and loved her to the moon and back. She was kind and good and funny and ever so compassionate — a beautiful soul, as so many have already said. I can only imagine her heavenly greeting: “Welcome home, my good and faithful child.”

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I’ve been away for nearly two years, back today only to see “Resting in Peace” beneath Robin’s avatar. My heart breaks for the HHV family, who knew her well and loved her to the moon and back. She was kind and good and funny and ever so compassionate — a beautiful soul, as so many have already said. I can only imagine her heavenly greeting: “Welcome home, my good and faithful child.”

It’s nice to have ECF family return. I’m sorry it was to such sad news. Thank you for your kind thoughts for everyone here. It’s still painful to us every day. We were all blessed to know her.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I only found out this morning about the passing of Robin. If I wasn't looking through the HHV threads I would not have know. I really liked Robin for her friendly personality and humor. She had sent me a link to a few youtube videos of her singing. Robin you are missed RIP as the pain has finally left you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread