Recommending "better" startup kit for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I don't own a PCC myself (or a 510) but have read tons of good things about them and will definitely take that route when I buy my next set of hardware. I guess the PCC just makes sense to me being an EE and having dead batt experiences in my early days.

I'm an EE too. I've had some trouble getting the battery to make good contact with the PCC charger. I got a bandaid fix in, though I don't have much confidence in the PCC any more, which is why I'm in this conudrum in the first place. I must have confidence that the battery will ALWAYS charge. And I don't feel right recommending an unreliable piece of hardware to a friend.

Does "JS" stand for "Janty Stick"? Would you consider it reliable?

Dave

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
The $3-6 (registered airmail) shipping only takes a few more days. I've placed 10+ orders through them with no issues whatsoever. :thumbs: ...so without the PCC, it would come out to about $50 shipped - and that's with a 30ml bottle of juice. Last time I checked, most of the juice is selling for $20 and you're still paying $6+ for shipping.

I was comparing the NHaler Elite to the same items you quoted.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
If they're long-time smokers like this, it's often preferable to ease them into it with batteries and keeping it more like a cigarette until they get used to the idea, then start explaining passthroughs and mods. I think a wire coming out of the end of their cigarette and into the dashboard/computer, or a weird looking battery mod would turn them off initially. Just a guess, since I don't know your friends though. I still think that 510 starter kit from Nhaler there sounds like a real good deal and would be well suited for this.

Well they have seen me vaping and fooling with 510 batteries. They have got the impression that vaping is very complicated--I wonder why.

My experience so far is my friends seem embarrased about vaping in front of other people. One guy was pretty excited about just vaping in his car. I assume he likes the "secrecy". And how simple the 901 passthru and cig lighter adapter look :)

If it weren't for the d-mn 901 atomizers... :(

I find it interesting that very few of you mentioned 510 passthrus. I read some bad press on them. I'm thinking now the bad press is probably true.

Dave

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
Okay, opuscroakus, I just said "uncle". I don't know why I keep looking for a better setup than the 510. Perfectionist I guess :)

A couple of questions. First, I could not find whether nhaler has some way to charge the PCC. Doesn't it require a USB charger, not a standard wall charger?

Also, I'm assuming marlboro is stronger than tobacco, and I'm afraid to recommend a juice that has a really strong flavor. And I could only find "high tobacco". I this what you recommended?

Finally, what are the nic concentrations of your recommendations?

Thanks,
Dave :)

The PCC plugs into the PC, but I have also used my cell phone charger to charge it up.

Marlbro is somewhat stronger than the NHaler High Tobacco in my opinion.

Before I shove my foot deep into my facial orifice, you might want to contact Drew in his forum...

Nhaler - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
If they're long-time smokers like this, it's often preferable to ease them into it with batteries and keeping it more like a cigarette until they get used to the idea,

Applejack, I'm taking your advice :)

I've had the best experience with the 510 and just batteries so I shouldn't really recommend anything else. And I can predict how many batteries he will need. I figure a 2 batt starting kit and 3 extra batteries is a good starting point. Plus a starter kit and 30 ml juice is $100 at rocky mountain vapor. Unfortunetly theiir Kent is out of stock right now.

For starters, I'll show him the spring mod and maybe give him an extra 510 wall charger I don't really need.

Thanks everyone :)

Dave

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
I'm an EE too. I've had some trouble getting the battery to make good contact with the PCC charger. I got a bandaid fix in, though I don't have much confidence in the PCC any more, which is why I'm in this conudrum in the first place. I must have confidence that the battery will ALWAYS charge. And I don't feel right recommending an unreliable piece of hardware to a friend.

Does "JS" stand for "Janty Stick"? Would you consider it reliable?

Dave

Yes, JS is the Janty Stick and I simply love it. Small, light, 801 atty/cart, usb, charger, 5-6 hour vape time all in one package.

My version 1 on/off button started to fail - press down, nothing - wiggle it and repress ... tada!!
Emailed Ethan (support guy) at Janty and he shipped me a new V2 replacement body and told me AFTER it arrived, send the "broken" one back.

That right there put reliability on the map for me as nothing is 100% (though we EE's love to say so on paper :) )

I've been sold hook/line/sinker and can't say enough about it.

$0.02

PS - thanks for the PCC input. Had not heard anything bad about them so good to know.

Last edited:

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks everyone. I've come up with a plan (what do they say God says about that?) :)

Anyway:

- 510 starter kit (2 atty's, 2 batt's, 1 charger. 5 carts)
- (2ea) 510 mega power batts
- (3ea) 10 ml different juices
- Pack of 5 ml dripping bottles

I'll give him some polyfill and show him the spring mod. The total is $105.

Because all of you, I went back to the drawing board and came up with this better recommendation.

Thanks again,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread