Q and A thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGirlfriend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Plano TX
It is likely somewhat to do with the nic level. That said, casa is very subjective with steep time. It changes over a few weeks more than just about any juice ive ever tried. If he has just recently gotten the bottle, it might be worth giving it a little time.

Now as far as mixing the two mg levels, in theory, it should give you the same product. I know at least for me, this dosent always work out...even though it should.

Could you tell me what the born on date of the 24mg bottle is?

January 31st, so we still have a ways to go for steeping.

mike pickle

Dec 18, 2009
norcal
It is likely somewhat to do with the nic level. That said, casa is very subjective with steep time. It changes over a few weeks more than just about any juice ive ever tried. If he has just recently gotten the bottle, it might be worth giving it a little time.

Now as far as mixing the two mg levels, in theory, it should give you the same product. I know at least for me, this dosent always work out...even though it should.

Could you tell me what the born on date of the 24mg bottle is?

i think there might have been a mixup, or perhaps trying a new flavor component.
i got a 60ml bottle of cas that was made on feb19, and it definitely has a smell to it that is unlike any previous batch of casablanca that i've had over the last couple of years. i, too, thought that maybe it just needed to "steep", but steeping has so far done nothing to alter that particular note, which i can only compare to don's 555, i think (only tried it once a few years ago, and wasn't a fan).
i tried vaping it, and it tastes nothing like the cas i've previously had. my gf had recently taken up vaping, and cas was her fav adv (she commandeered the last of my previous 60ml bottle, made on nov 28, 2013). she tried the new batch and agreed that it tastes completely different.

i've sent a couple of emails to don about it (one as a reply to his email to me, one directly thru bwb website), and have so far had no response after over a week.

i'm pretty bummed out. 60ml isn't exactly a fortune, but it ain't cheap.
an explanation, or even an acknowledgement, would have been nice.

Last edited:

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
i think there might have been a mixup, or perhaps trying a new flavor component.
i got a 60ml bottle of cas that was made on feb19, and it definitely has a smell to it that is unlike any previous batch of casablanca that i've had over the last couple of years. i, too, thought that maybe it just needed to "steep", but steeping has so far done nothing to alter that particular note, which i can only compare to don's 555, i think (only tried it once a few years ago, and wasn't a fan).
i tried vaping it, and it tastes nothing like the cas i've previously had. my gf had recently taken up vaping, and cas was her fav adv (she commandeered the last of my previous 60ml bottle, made on nov 28, 2013). she tried the new batch and agreed that it tastes completely different.

i've sent a couple of emails to don about it (one as a reply to his email to me, one directly thru bwb website), and have so far had no response after over a week.

i'm pretty bummed out. 60ml isn't exactly a fortune, but it ain't cheap.
an explanation, or even an acknowledgement, would have been nice.
Ill let him know. Hes gettin a mountain of emails over casa being out of stock, canadian shipping etc. My guess is he hasnt gotten to your in the pile.

mike pickle

Dec 18, 2009
norcal
just wanted to update....
deana and don got in touch with me right away, and replaced my bottle of cas.
couldn't even give it time to steep....had to have that flavor goin' immediately.
if there were such a thing as tastebud heaven, bwb has sent me a detailed map to get there.
pretty sure i like riding my fxstc more than i like vaping casablanca, but not by much.
:)
thanks guys.

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Apologies in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but which of BWB's e-liquids contain Naturally Extracted Tobaccos (NETs)?

There's a lot of us who would be very interested to know, because we vape NETs almost exclusively.

If BWB uses NETs in all of their blends, or even some, it'd certainly help us find a reliable vendor who's been around for a while in our search for naturally extracted tobaccos to vape.

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Apologies in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but which of BWB's e-liquids contain Naturally Extracted Tobaccos (NETs)?

There's a lot of us who would be very interested to know, because we vape NETs almost exclusively.

If BWB uses NETs in all of their blends, or even some, it'd certainly help us find a reliable vendor who's been around for a while in our search for naturally extracted tobaccos to vape.

Adirondack and backo are both extractions. All of Don's tobacco blends contain NET but not exclusively. Previously hunters blend was a NET but unfortunately one of the ingredients was discontinued and could not be replaced.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Adirondack and backo are both extractions. All of Don's tobacco blends contain NET but not exclusively.

Is that still accurate? only 2 that are extractions?

Is one or both of those extractions used as the tobacco base for the other tobacco flavors?
Particularly the other 3 in the sampler: Virginia, Casablanca, and Applewood.

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
Is that still accurate? only 2 that are extractions?

Is one or both of those extractions used as the tobacco base for the other tobacco flavors?
Particularly the other 3 in the sampler: Virginia, Casablanca, and Applewood.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can definitely say the NET (which is Backo) is in the Virginia and Applewood. I haven't had enough Casa in my life to make an accurate statement, but I'd bet that it does as well.

Also the Blueback, BWB Blend, Maple and Honey Bros. ect, I'm pretty sure I've tasted in there ;)

Edit: I would guess maybe 18 +/- a couple have the NET.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Edit: I would guess maybe 18 +/- a couple have the NET.

Cool.

I wish the sampler had a version with more, of the ability to change the flavors to easly sample all the tobacco ones instead of just the fixed 5.

Better still would be a sampler 3-5mL size for $2-3 each.

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
Cool.

I wish the sampler had a version with more, of the ability to change the flavors to easly sample all the tobacco ones instead of just the fixed 5.

I agree, my fellow Dog.

From trying all of them save Adirondack, I would make the 5

1. Backo
2. Casa
3. Applewood
4. Bluebacko
5. Honey Flue

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
1. Backo
4. Bluebacko

Not much on blueberries though (I have plants in my yard. The rest of the family loves them. Have a peach tree too and I don't like peaches).

Blackberry, maple and hazelnut are intriguing though.

Smoke sounds worth a try too.

See, there's 4 more already I want. Maybe Honey Nut too.
I might even like the BWB 555 even though I haven't cared for others I've tried.

That 60mL limit on the Honey and Honey Nut concernse me though. Supply issues?

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Not much on blueberries though (I have plants in my yard. The rest of the family loves them. Have a peach tree too and I don't like peaches).

Blackberry, maple and hazelnut are intriguing though.

Smoke sounds worth a try too.

See, there's 4 more already I want. Maybe Honey Nut too.
I might even like the BWB 555 even though I haven't cared for others I've tried.

That 60mL limit on the Honey and Honey Nut concernse me though. Supply issues?

I dont think don will let me make the choices unlimited but I can probably get him to let me add a few other combos ;)

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
It'd be a step in the right direction.

I really don't get the rationale behind not allowing any combination of 5.
I'm after tobacco flavors, but samplers with the other flavors might be appreciated buy those interested.

Again, a smaller bottle for the sampler would be nice too. 3-5mL. That's enough to get a good taste while not being a big expense if you don't like it.

I previously ordered from a site that offers 5 (or 10) 10mL bottles for $22 (or $40) in any combinaton of any of their flavors.
But I didn't need half that much to know whether I like the flavor or not. I used ~2mL of each and gave the remains away to others to try.

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
It'd be a step in the right direction.

I really don't get the rationale behind not allowing any combination of 5.
I'm after tobacco flavors, but samplers with the other flavors might be appreciated buy those interested.

Again, a smaller bottle for the sampler would be nice too. 3-5mL. That's enough to get a good taste while not being a big expense if you don't like it.

I previously ordered from a site that offers 5 (or 10) 10mL bottles for $22 (or $40) in any combinaton of any of their flavors.
But I didn't need half that much to know whether I like the flavor or not. I used ~2mL of each and gave the remains away to others to try.

From my conversations with Don, Its mostly about volume. They do alot of orders. More combinations slows them down filling the orders. With only two people and a label printer, every second counts.

I do know they will probably never do smaller sizes. Since they dont premix anything, making 3 ml at a time is too time consuming. Thats alot of the reason they eliminated the 10 ml.

I can say that ill sneak in at least a couple more bundles. :) I will also pass the feedback along to the bosses. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread