Pro vapor looking for cigsized 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austiiin

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Orlando
I started like everyone else, with cheap disposables, to an eGo with clearomizers and then a VV. I have been cigarette free for over 10 months and almost never vape at this point - hooray!

So, the only time I still vaped was when I would go out drinking in a bar filled with cigarette smoke, but on my last bar visit I didn't have a battery charged, so I purchased a disposable menthol njoy and it was DELICIOUS and very satisfying and felt good in my hand (habits die hard)! So, I want to find a 510 cigsized ecig, that I can use when I go to bars but I don't want to keep buying expensive disposables.

I keep seeing the eRoll, but I don't know how I feel about a tank system. I was looking at the Halo G6, V2 and a few others, but I don't know which I should go with. I don't have a large disposable income and was looking for suggestions? I would like something compatible with a PPC as well as the 510 products I already own. I like how the Blu is packaged, but I hate Johnson Creek liquid (HATE IT!), but I like the Blu PPC and the ability to keep extra cartridges all in a single package.

Can anyone make some suggestions? I realize they wont be as good as something larger, but I'm not looking to quit analogs (that's been accomplished), I'm looking for something that can keep me from smoking stankarettes when I get a few drinks in me

CHEERS!

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
I actually have a photo here that I took for a different reason:

001.jpg

The one on the left is the NJoy King; then the Sidesho with an atomizer (exposed bridge similar to the 306) and drip tip; a standard 510; and the Echo. With a cartomizer it would be shorter than the standard 510.

I buy everything for it from Modern Vapor, but you can also use 306 cartomizers. The Sidesho is 8.5 mm and the 306 is 8.6 mm, so you're really only going to notice the difference if you run your finger over it. The batteries are 180 mAh, I think. And I only buy empty cartos, though I rarely use them.. I just haven't liked a pre-filled yet.

I can say it is my go to device. I vape on this thing much more than anything else. They're also the only mini in this size that I know of with manual batteries, so you're not stuck with automatics only.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
They are 510 threaded, but like Blu the polarity is reversed. So no, it won't work with your chargers. Though you did say you liked the idea of a PCC and the Sidesho shines with one. ;)

I'm beginning to think all super minis have a revesed polarity, except for the 306. Both Blu and Volcano are reversed, and both are l88b batteries. The Sidesho is reversed and it's a j108, the largest capacity of super minis. The only one I'm not sure of is the Colibri Nano, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is reversed as well.

The parts as somewhat reasonably priced. You can get 2 batteries, a PCC and 5 cartos for a little more than $50.00 plus shipping. There are cheaper options out there, but not in the same size class.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I've never tried either kit. I just thought the OP might want to know where to buy a really, really cheap kit.

The clearance kit is $25 for the PCC with 2 batteries. The sidesho is $55 for the PCC and only 1 battery. Although, for all I know, it might be a much better product. Who knows?

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
The Sidesho actually comes out cheaper if you part everything out. For about the same price as the kit you can get 2 batteries, a pack of cartomizers and a PCC. Just ignore the kits.

I haven't tried many kits, but I can say I've been disappointed by every auto I've tried except the Echo and the Sidesho.

Of the autos I have used:

SmartSmoke - 808D-2; stiff draw, even though it's unsealed
NexGen - standard 510; stiff draw
Fin - standard 510; I actually like this one, but standard size cartos are too large for my preferences
Joye 306 - 306 (duh ;)); it's unusable, the draw is so stiff that even opening the air holes with a drill didn't help
Volt X2 - "sealed" 808; not horrible, but still stiffer than the Echo
J108 - old style 510 mini; it's usable, but only indoors; the original switch is in this one, so it fires if the fan is on

When it comes to autos, if the NJoy King is used as a benchmark in terms of ease of draw and size, then in my experience the Sidesho is the closest I've found to that in a rechargeable unit. Even my Echo has a very stiff draw, and works best when treated as you would a cigar or a pipe. With the Sidesho, I can pick it up and take two or three hard drags and it hits just as well as any cigarette ever did. Though it should be mentioned that I mainly drip with my autos, and I only use cartos when absolutely necessary.

If it's just an occasional use device, somthing like the Fin may suffice. You can get a battery, carto and charger at Wal Mart for about $8.00. If you want a quality mini to use every day, I still recommend the Sidesho. :)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Yeah, I've killed 2 of my Sideshos. Now I just dip with them instead. Same principal, but the process is reversed so I no longer have to worry about leaks.

I've yet to have a problem dripping with my Echo, and since I took a drill bit to an eGo-C base it's one of the best vapes I've had.

I've thought about dipping. It seems less messy. But, what do you keep your juice in to dip into?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread