New to vaping, need suggestions on best PV for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scvapps

Jul 26, 2012
SC
Okay, I know that seems like a lot to ask a bunch of strangers, but bear with me.

I just started vaping with what I could find, in my case a disposable blu. I don't smoke very much, just 2-5 analogs a day. I want (and my husband demands) that I quit completely. My hardest part is in social situations and liking the habit when I am bored. I think that vaping can fill those needs for me, but don't want to constantly be buying disposables, even though I like the look and feel of the blu I have.

What can I get that will be similar to the blu disposable, that I can fill myself (so I can use low or nicotine free juice since I don't smoke very much.

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks!

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Hi there scvapes. Welcome to ECF
I also liked the Blu disposable & I also was a light smoker when I started this vape stuff.
Here is what I learned:
The Blu disposable contains 24 mg nicotine. That's pretty high & most newbies wouldn't even think of ordering 24 mg nic juice if they were light smokers. I'm here to tell you that I totally disagree with that.
I first ordered 12 mg nic. No good for my needs
Then I ordered 18 mg nic. Better but still lacking.
Once I learned that Blu disposable had 24 mg nic in it I went "aha!" & I ordered 24 mg nic juice. That's working.
So think about this. If you only smoke occasionally, wouldn't you probably want a good nic hit on those occasions?

BTW. Volt sound good for you.

Enjoy!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
The Volt is just the ticket. It's simple, inexpensive and is roughly cigarette sized. The Volt "mega" sized batteries will last just about as long as the Twist, except the 1000mah Twist, which is as long as your arm. A complete Volt kit will cost less than the 2 Twists you will need and the charger will be included.

You can get prefilled cartos or refillable blanks at the smokeless image website. Their service is top-notch and coupon codes are posted all around here for 10-15% off.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Someone is saying they smoke 2-5 cigarettes a day, and she likes the feel of her Blu disposable but wants to be able to refill and she's being advised to get a vv device?

Smokeless Image Volts would work just fine. Grab a 2 battery kit, 78mms last time and a half what the 65mms are and cost $1 more but they are a little longer. You'll get a pack of cartomizers with the kit, they're refillable and you can buy juice from them or from any vendor you want.

Once you have your kit, you can go to the smokeless image forum on this site, and look for the faces of volt thread. Post a picture of yourself with a volt logo, and you get a free battery, pack of cartos, or bottle of juice.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Someone is saying they smoke 2-5 cigarettes a day, and she likes the feel of her Blu disposable but wants to be able to refill and she's being advised to get a vv device?

Smokeless Image Volts would work just fine. Grab a 2 battery kit, 78mms last time and a half what the 65mms are and cost $1 more but they are a little longer. You'll get a pack of cartomizers with the kit, they're refillable and you can buy juice from them or from any vendor you want.

Once you have your kit, you can go to the smokeless image forum on this site, and look for the faces of volt thread. Post a picture of yourself with a volt logo, and you get a free battery, pack of cartos, or bottle of juice.

I don't think the people suggesting the twist actually read the op's post.

Last edited:

macgyverfc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
Narrows, VA
+1 on the Volt here as well.

Folks, read the OP's post...2-5 cigs a day and she likes the feel of the Blus. Like others have said, the Volt it roughly the same size and has the same feel of an analog. If she isn't a heavy smoker, why would she want to step into the mods and get something huge? The Volt is simple, practical, and quite simply a joy to use. She says that the social thing is what she enjoys. A volt fits in much easier with a social setting. My Provari with tank could be somewhat awkward. I was a PAD+ smoker and the Pro for me is perfect. Plus, everyone knows now that I am done with the smoking and that my PV is the only thing that has ever helped me succeed in this venture. I only use a mini (Volt) if I am out and about where the Pro would bring unwanted attention.

If it turns out that you really get into vaping, then step up to the twist or whatever you want. Just my opinion.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
+1 for Volt.

I still have mine as a backup for when you need something that doesn't stand out. Plus, there's something about an automatic battery that makes it feel more natural.

I'm hearing awesome things about the bottom coil from Smokeless Image so that might be another thing to add to your cart.

eGO-T's are great but if you don't need the VV, no point getting it.

thedigger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2012
Dunkirk, OH
Definitely recommend the Volt. I actually use it every day. It's the only method I have at the time. I have been using it since I started vaping in April. I use the shorter 65mm batts, but wish I would have gotten the 78s. The Blu disposable is actually larger than the volt system, so you definitely will have something closer to the size of analogs. Everything passed along so far about the Volt is pretty much dead on. The battery life is awesome for being so small. I get about 2.5 hours out of the 65s with a pretty steady amount of vaping. The product choice from Smokeless Image is amazing and the customer service is the best, bar none. If going with a kit, I recommend getting the mega charger as the option. It has a place for a fully assembled pv, a spot for charging an extra battery and holds 3 cartomizers. It is rechargeable itself and will take care of you for the entire day if not longer since you don't smoke much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread