Still searching for a good option with small ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewr623

Feb 19, 2013
Minnesota
I'm 99% sure that the Volt and Bloog stick batteries are NOT regulated and thus, battery drain issues will apply as with all unregulated batteries. The Volt's larger batteries may be regulated but since he is looking for small, that's a moot point. I do agree from all I have read that the Volt is probably the best of the stick battery PV's. But he still won't get through the night of heavy vaping on one battery - not even close.

While I'm not sure about the volt but bloog batt's are regulated so you do spend the majority of your batt life getting the same hits and then there is a fairly sharp drop off in production shortly before the battery dies, but i still get plenty of time out of mine. Plus as a bonus as long as your using a sealed battery you can drip straight into the bloog cartos which makes for some great vaping. But no you probably wont get through a whole night of heavy vaping on one batt but from my experience with them you would have to work pretty hard to kill 2 and carrying a couple extra batts is really not a very big deal. I would say that the little pouch that I carry with 2 extra batts for the day is still smaller and lighter than most of the mods that I have used/played with

The Volt being "sealed" is no longer unique. With a handful of exceptions, that has become the norm for 808's. And there are disadvantages to "sealed" automatics, but it depends on what you're looking for in your PV.

I have been using a sealed auto for a few weeks now and love that thing, it is by far my favorite battery what are the disadvantages you speak of? I'm honestly curious about this

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
I have been using a sealed auto for a few weeks now and love that thing, it is by far my favorite battery what are the disadvantages you speak of? I'm honestly curious about this
The issues are minor, really, and only matter if you're adamant about only using autos. With the "sealed" 808's you can't use any 901 equipment, and I used to really like the 901-T. You can modify an adapter or the post on a 901 atomizer, but that gets to be more work than it's worth. Also, the draw is noticeably tighter on a "sealed" versus an unsealed battery. Again, not a huge issue especially if you start out with "sealed" autos but it is an issue.

There are still a handful of places still selling unsealed, unregulated batteries but that is becoming more and more rare in the 808 world.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
I started out with an 808 kit.
South Beach Smoke. I had no issues with the hardware.
Their refills were expensive. I also wanted something sleeker.
As far as I know; South Beach, Eversmoke, Green Smoke, V2 & 777.
Are all unregulated and unsealed 808s.
I bought my kit off Groupon for $24.
Green Smoke is actually giving away their essentials kit for free.
You just need to call them & send a photo of yourself, using another e cig. They even pay for shipping. I'll probably get one and give it to someone at work. I'm going as big as it gets for my next PV.
An E Hookah from 777!

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
V2 must have upgraded their batteries.
I remember they were dumping their kit on Living Social, a few months ago. I bought their sampler pack and adapter.
The adapter worked great. Their cartridges totally sucked.

I haven't used a regulated PV yet. Almost bought the Volcano Inferno.
But went with the Vea instead. I think that most people on here are right. Smokeless Image Volt seems to be the best cigalike.

Standpoint

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2011
South St. Paul, MN
The Volts are regulated, 3.4 I believe.

I've owned Volts since before they became sealed, in my opinion, I preferred the drag from the unsealed, I found it to be a bit more airy while still pulling properly on the unit. However, it was easy to get liquid in the battery and kill them.

I still like my Volts, but find the eRoll to be a far better unit for vapor production and draw.

andrewr623

Feb 19, 2013
Minnesota
The issues are minor, really, and only matter if you're adamant about only using autos. With the "sealed" 808's you can't use any 901 equipment, and I used to really like the 901-T. You can modify an adapter or the post on a 901 atomizer, but that gets to be more work than it's worth. Also, the draw is noticeably tighter on a "sealed" versus an unsealed battery. Again, not a huge issue especially if you start out with "sealed" autos but it is an issue.

There are still a handful of places still selling unsealed, unregulated batteries but that is becoming more and more rare in the 808 world.

you cant use 901 stuff with a sealed auto, that is something I hadn't heard before. well then I guess it is a good thing i didn't order the atty that I was looking at lol, and as far as the draw goes I actually like it better, at lease with the bloog carts I thought they we to airy but the sealed autos are somewhat less airy without how hard you have to draw really being affected to much, so that part anyways im totally fine with. But I might just have to do a little looking into if I can find an atty for the thing. if anyone knows of one could you post a link?

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I agree with this too. You can't have the perfect everything in one mod. So IMHO, the best of both worlds is to have both something large and something small. For situations where I don't wish to tote the Provari, I've really taken a liking to the SD 510 Keyring Mod for lightweight portability, and carry a couple with me when out and about.

How heavy is this thing?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I had been holding out for a 510 Mega PCC that holds a spare battery besides the battery that's being charged. I finally found it at LiteCigUSA a few months ago. Here's a link to what looks like the same one: Joye 510 Mega PCC.

But, I'm not sure it really is the same because it doesn't mention the extra battery slot. When I bought mine there, the description did specifically mention the extra slot. Either way, it does charge the 280mah 510 batteries. You might contact the vendor to see if it also has the spare battery spot too.

I didn't want a PCC that wasted all that space for extra cartos or cartridges since I only drip with my 510 batts. I have no need for cartridges or cartos, just the battery and atty w/drip-tip that I'm using and the battery that's being charged. Anything more is just a waste of space for me.

If this isn't the same one and you do want the spot for an extra battery, Health Cabin does carry them still: Joyetech 510/Mega 510 PCC. But, shipping is expensive and slow unless you wait for a Health Cabin coop (which they tend to have about once a month).

I really love my 280mah 510 batteries for dripping with a 306 or 510-t atty. The original little 510 batteries are extremely irritating because they don't last long enough to bother with. But, the 280mah is fine, for a cig-a-like. It's just plain fun to use.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
After much research. The Halo G6 seems to solve most of the cigalike issues. It's durably built, offers a mini tank option and 808 threading.

The kit is inexpensive. PCC is available but not included. People say that battery life and vapor, are better than other minis. I know that their juice is great and US made.

I'm going in the other direction.
I want something bigger and better. Going to place an order for the Halo Triton. But if I were starting from scratch. I would have bought the G6 first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread