Power cutoff on Innokin batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebt

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2012
Budapest, Hungary
Hi

I'm seeing something odd happen with the Innokin batteries I use. The newer ones are the Leo Pro batteries; but I also use the old Lea batteries I have left over.

I'm using them with the Lea 800 atty at the moment, while waiting for new atty heads for my IClear30. I see this problem with both atomisers:

Usually you press the button, and the green (or yellow, if power is low) light comes on. You release it, and the light goes out. If you hold it too long, it refuses to go on powering the atty (maybe to avoid damaging the atty or battery), and the light flashes. This is all normal.

But what often happens is that, once I've pressed the button, the light stays on; but the power to the atty cuts off very quickly - so I can't get a decent draw of vapour. If I take the little tank out of the Lea atty, to hear better what's happening, this is what happens:

Press button - "hissing/fizzing" sound.
After about .5 seconds, the sound (power to the atty) cuts off suddenly, but the light stays on.

This is very annoying. Sometimes blowing out the atty or wiping the battery contacts sorts this out.

Anyone else get this, or have any idea what's happening? It seems like some sort of protection circuit kicking in.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread