eGo battery always on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey

Got a problem with a cheap eGo battery I bought a few months ago. I know, I know, have learnt my lesson and am always buying joyetech now!

Anyhoo, a few days ago, one hit into switching to a new atomiser (which works fine on my other batteries), the battery light stayed on, as if I was pressing the button, and the atty kept burning. It didn't switch off after 10 seconds. I unscrewed the atty, still the light stayed on. I screwed the atty back on and it fired up again, and again didn't cut out after 10 seconds. I tried pressing the button 5 times, no change. I tried various other button presses and holds, no change.

I drained the battery by screwing and unscrewing the atty and waited for the LED to go out, then charged it for a bit, still the same problem.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try, short of binning it?

Thanks

M

smarmy

Mar 22, 2014
Canandaigua, NY
El Murko, had the same issue with the cheaper eGo battery. It was the switch/battery. I just binned it because I didn't want to have an issue with a constantly discharging battery, and having it overheating. Sounds like a good excuse for an equipment upgrade! Also, just wanted to mention I noticed your location. Lutra is the most amazing island in the world. My wife an I have been 6 times, and we're looking to come back late August for our 25th wedding anniversary and the wife's 45th b-day. After our last trip we get "homesick" being away.

Anyway, are there any local places that sell e liquid, or do you DIY?

As far as I know there are no retailers on the island. May be some in Nassau, but I don't know. If you find one, I can take delivery from the mail boat until you reach. If so, have it sent on the Current Pride to Hatchet Bay, care of Mark Hay.

I usually get mine from the States and have it shipped to someone who's coming over. I usually have spare if you get really stuck. Might be better to just bring enough with you!

I've been living here 9 years now, where are you staying?

smarmy

Mar 22, 2014
Canandaigua, NY
Thanks for the offer, I'll just plan on bringing enough. Always like trying new juices when I can, and thought it would be great to get something from Eleuthera, but don't think a vape lounge would make it on the island. Have not booked yet, too many scheduling issues right now, but we'll get there. We've stayed at Tropical Heights 3 times, Carribean Blue, Tranquility Bay, Two Dunes (the old La Sable Rose), and Coconut Cliffs. Split the time a couple of trips. Wanted to try OceanAire next trip, we love that deserted stretch of beach as it goes north along Old QHWY, just past Sky Beach Club. Can't wait to get back!

Ak_vap

Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Qatar
This exactly happened to me yesterday, but it was my fault. I was doing micro coil on PT mini 2 and unfortunately the top metal part touched the micro coil! :facepalm:. button started to flash and then the light stayed on. I thought it's gonna blow up any time and started to think If I should open it and cut the wires! :(

After searching I found that the chip inside could be dead. this happen if the coil has really low ohm. I don't know if this is the problem in my case but I checked the coil without the metal part it was 1.9 ohm and it worked normally on my ego, then I checked with the metal part on and ohm was 0.27! :ohmy:
my only concern now is if it's ok to leave the battery like this! is it going to discharge below the limit ?

Anyway I was waiting for a good reason to order the MVP :D

smarmy

Mar 22, 2014
Canandaigua, NY
An MVP is a great way to go. Pretty cheap now, I think around $40-$45. I got one for my wife and she loves it. Battery life is unbeatable. She's a lite vaper, but I thought the battery was a small nuclear reactor because I didn't have to charge it for almost 5 weeks! It just wouldn't die. I'm on the heavy vaping side, and it lasted me 5 days. Good quality unit, and adjustable depending on juice and equipment.

An MVP is a great way to go. Pretty cheap now, I think around $40-$45.

Yeah, have looked at these. A bit enormous for my needs, but might get one for use at home or if I'm going to be out all night.

I ordered the new circuit board. For a couple of bucks with free shipping, it's worth a try. Battery may be drained too low, but thought I'd try it anyway.

My ohms are probably very low, haven't tested them, but I make my own coils with very few loops. Found a cheap supplier of 1.8ohm coils, so have ordered 50 because my home built ones are very inconsistent.

smarmy

Mar 22, 2014
Canandaigua, NY
Snorkeling is outstanding there. I harvested a couple of small groupers, and a trigger fish (which were delicious) until I got chased out of the water by an aggressive bull shark:)

I also have an iTaste VV V.3 which will test the ohms of your coils. When I build, I just mount the coil on my dripper, and put it on the VV to test. FastTech has them for $25 with free shipping world wide. It's variable voltage, and has a good battery life. May be a good replacement if you can't get your eGo up and running. I have heard that some eGo's won't fire, or may short and stay on with low ohm coils.

Here's the link:

$24.88 Authentic Innokin iTaste VV V3.0 VV / VW 800mAh Rechargeable Battery - w/ charging cable at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread