Review: Innokin Lea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parliament

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Dayton, Ohio
I recently purchased an Innokin Lea PV about two weeks ago.
I would like to share my experiences with you all.

So to begin:

Exterior: Looks shiny, black, and is shaped like a pen, although its oversized, so its more like the size of a laser pointer. Good fit and finish. I have seen better, but its pretty nice overall.

Battery: Pretty darn good. It gets me through a 10 hour shift at work, vaping at my desk throughout the day. The manual button on the Lea lights up Green/yellow/red based upon battery level. By the time I get home, my battery is yellow and working just fine. I am pleased with the battery life, its not as great as many mods out there, but for a faily compact and sleek looking device its quite good. The battery indicator is nice and useful as well. One end of the battery unscrews to reveal a mini usb that is used to charge the battery. It can also be used as a USB passthrough. I find it charges very quickly. The battery is also able to be turned off and on by pressing the button three times, this feature is quite nice.

tank system: I was disappointed. This is my second attempt at using a tank system and it leaves a lot to be desired. The tank itself has a small rubber piece that is removed in order to fill the tank. This rubber piece has a small slit in it that the atomizer pokes through to start the draw of juice. When removing the tank by giving it a tug, the rubber piece is often left stuck inside the atomizer. This is an easy fix, but requires tweezers or something small to grab the piece and recover it. A twist while removing the tank does a pretty good job of preventing this from happening through. Tank capacity is quite small, but for a light vaper it might be adequate.

Atomizer: This right here is my problem with the Lea. I find the atomizers are very weak. I have given my Lea a few days of "break in" with moderate use, and still find that I am sucking on the e-cig for a long period of time in order to get any vapor or throat hit at all. It is just not a performer. The Lea comes with a Pen cap end, that can be used to conceal the Lea and it looks and works quite nice. It does take a bit more force than expected to snap on and snap off though. The bad news is, this Pen cap can only be used while using a Lea atomizer, a switch to a standard 510 atty will leave the pen cap with nothing to grab on to and it will not stay in place.

So really, what I am left with is a great performing battery with average fit and finish and a good charging system. As far as I am concerned the atty and tank system is useless. It produces little vapor and is really quite disappointing as I had high hopes. I now use the Lea battery with a LR 510 atty and I am pleased to say that it works great. A standard LR 510 atty gives much better throat hit and better vapor production with the Lea battery. Unfortunately I cannot use the pen cap due to my atomizer decision.

In conclusion, my experience with the Innokin Lea has been mixed. I really like the battery and its features, and the fit and finish of the product is "Good", but the tank system and atomizers left more to be desired. If you are cool with using a drip tip with a standard 510 atty than this is a fine option, but it is really nothing groundbreaking, and its disappointing I have to use the e-cig in ways it wasn't intended to be used in order to get the best out of it.

I my review will help any folks out there considering the Lea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread