• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Please I need help from Canadians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
image.jpg image.jpg Thanks gentlemen for your support, me and my friends discovered how ignorant we are about vaping but we started to lean more and more thanks to the support and information we get.

posts make me die for receiving my goods since until now I don't know what flavor is, the ecopure liquid gives very little throat hit but it tasteless. We never felt taste for the vapor, we only felt taste of liquid when battery go down and all liquid come to our mouth.

Please, what is the meaning of USP grade glycerin, can you give me example of Canadian product. I saw some videos they are using glycerin for smoothing hand. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I wish I can taste pg or flavored liquid to feel the difference, anyhow I will order some from Canada, I will receive them by end of the month and I will post my experience.

Please I would like to know if normally people produce their own flavor or they buy it ready and why there is a big gape in price between liquids although they are all same ingredients, is high price liquids means better quality? In Egypt liquids are expensive compared to Canada since 30 ml from ecopure coast 60 Canadian dollars.

When I order clearomizers should I ask for specific resistance or all are the same. As far as I know in ego T I can choose between different resistance but I don't know if this is the same with clearomizers.

I saw the video for cleaning cleaomizer, it is really perfect. I will see when I receive my goods if my clearomizers is one piece or I can diassabled because honestly I don't know.

I believe I ordered kit same as vemo but with another name, is this a good device? Also in Internet videos most of the people talk about voltage and no one talk about watt i.e they mustered performance for device for how accurate the volt. My question is what is the benefit of having a device you can adjust watt and volt because as far as I know in evic you can only adjust the watt and there is still issue about volt will be solve in coming firmware.

Please let me know, is it true that evic read ohm of the clearomizers wrong? Frankly I don't know the benefit of that and will not effect my decision of buying evic but I want to know.

I hope when I receive my devices I will stop smoking completely but please I need advice, which device I should start with taken in consideration that my experience limited to mini e cigarettes but when i get my goods, I will have almost all types existing in the market ( about 9 types plus evic ) I planning to start with one showing in the picture. image.jpg

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Mindfield, you are AWESOME! :thumbs:

Heh, thanks. I like to help. :)

View attachment 160694 View attachment 160695 Thanks gentlemen for your support, me and my friends discovered how ignorant we are about vaping but we started to lean more and more thanks to the support and information we get.

We all started out ignorant -- but thankfully there's a wealth of information out there and plenty of people willing to help understand the ins and outs of E-cigarettes. There is definitely a learning curve and it can take a while to get to know everything you need to know to make informed decisions, but once you've gotten that far, it gets a whole lot easier -- and more fun. :)

posts make me die for receiving my goods since until now I don't know what flavor is, the ecopure liquid gives very little throat hit but it tasteless. We never felt taste for the vapor, we only felt taste of liquid when battery go down and all liquid come to our mouth.

I know what you mean. When I first started I bought some sort of cheap E-liquid. It was okay, I suppose, but the more I explored and tried different things, the more I realized how much better there was out there.

Please, what is the meaning of USP grade glycerin, can you give me example of Canadian product. I saw some videos they are using glycerin for smoothing hand. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

USP stands for "United States Pharmacopaea." The USP is sort of a standards body that determines the standards to which health products are manufactured. Products with USP on the label are manufactured to very high levels of purity and are suitable for use in medicinal compounds and for health use. Whenever you buy a medicinal product (like topical treatments and lotions such as isopropyl alcohol, witch hazel, glycerine) or pharmaceutical compounding product (such as propylene glycol) in Canada or the USA, you want to make sure it is USP grade to guarantee the highest levels of purity.

I wish I can taste pg or flavored liquid to feel the difference, anyhow I will order some from Canada, I will receive them by end of the month and I will post my experience.

I think you will notice a difference with some real E-liquid. We tend to use a good amount of flavouring to make sure that our E-liquids taste as good as they can.

Please I would like to know if normally people produce their own flavor or they buy it ready and why there is a big gape in price between liquids although they are all same ingredients, is high price liquids means better quality? In Egypt liquids are expensive compared to Canada since 30 ml from ecopure coast 60 Canadian dollars.

Some people do try and get into making their own E-liquids if it's something they feel like they'd enjoy trying, and some of us end up making most of our own personal favourite E-liquids. Most people though just buy pre-made E-liquid. Price is not necessarily indicative of quality, but it is often the case. Sometimes an E-liquid sold here can be more expensive because it's imported from the USA. You might find that some vendors carry imported E-liquids, such as Halo, Pink Spot, or Tasty Vapor. Sometimes it's just because it's just high quality. Occasionally though it's because you might be looking at a vendor who charges a lot for everything. Fortunately, there aren't many of those types of vendors here; most of our Canadian vendors make high quality juices, and most of the time, the prices are worth it, even the more expensive ones.

When I order clearomizers should I ask for specific resistance or all are the same. As far as I know in ego T I can choose between different resistance but I don't know if this is the same with clearomizers.

If you have variable voltage available -- and you will -- then it never hurts to get a range of different resistances. Low resistance clearomizers are best for fixed-voltage devices like the eGo, but if you have the ability to change your voltage to higher levels, higher resistance clearomizers and atomizers are just fine. It comes down to personal preference mostly.

I saw the video for cleaning cleaomizer, it is really perfect. I will see when I receive my goods if my clearomizers is one piece or I can diassabled because honestly I don't know.

Well, my video does show how to clean ones that you can't disassemble, so you're covered in either case. :)

I believe I ordered kit same as vemo but with another name, is this a good device?

Is the one you ordered the same as in the image at the top of your post? If so, then that is not the same as the Vamo. I've seen the one in your pic before, but it's a 3-voltage device that can do 4, 5 or 6, but nothing lower, and nothing in between. The Vamo can do 3-6 volts in 0.1 increments and also 3-15 watts in its wattage mode. The other image you have there is of the Innokin iTaste, which is a good device. A little bit limited (does 3.3-5V) but a nice alternative to the eGo-C Twist.

Also in Internet videos most of the people talk about voltage and no one talk about watt i.e they mustered performance for device for how accurate the volt. My question is what is the benefit of having a device you can adjust watt and volt because as far as I know in evic you can only adjust the watt and there is still issue about volt will be solve in coming firmware.

People don't usually talk about watts because wattage isn't really how we've been measuring temperature up to now. Technically, we should have been, but as soon as you start telling people about Ohm's Law and how to calculate wattage their eyes start to glaze over. :) It is only very recently that we've started to see devices that now more commonly incorporate variable wattage right into the devices. In fact, until this fall, we only really had one complete device that worked with variable wattage, a high end and very expensive mod called the Darwin. Now we're seeing more and more devices incorporate variable wattage -- the ZMax, Vamo, and to some extent, the eVic (which isn't real variable wattage yet, but they may fix that with a firmware update).

The advantage of having a true variable wattage device is that it takes most of the guesswork out of figuring out what voltage you need to use for what atomizer, clearomizer or cartomizer. With a true variable wattage (also called variable power) device, you just set your preferred wattage, and then no matter what the resistance of the thing you screw on to the device, it will automatically adjust the voltage for you, so most of the time you don't even need to think about it or adjust your voltage. Just set it and forget it.

Please let me know, is it true that evic read ohm of the clearomizers wrong? Frankly I don't know the benefit of that and will not effect my decision of buying evic but I want to know.[/quot]

I'm not 100% sure about the accuracy of its ohm reading. It reads my current cartomizer at 2.2ohms, which is actually correct, but when I set my wattage to 10W, it sets the voltage to 4.6V, which is incorrect. It should be setting the voltage to 4.8V. So it appears to be reading the resistance right when I check, but it's not setting the voltage correctly. I assume this is a bug that they will fix in a future firmware update.

I hope when I receive my devices I will stop smoking completely but please I need advice, which device I should start with taken in consideration that my experience limited to mini e cigarettes but when i get my goods, I will have almost all types existing in the market ( about 9 types plus evic ) I planning to start with one showing in the picture. View attachment 160692

I hope it will help you quit too -- and I think that with all you've got ordered, and with some good E-liquid, you will find that they will work a lot better than the Intellicig you have been using. The eGo-VV you have there is a little bit different than the one I have, but is still a real variable voltage device in an eGo body, and a good device in its own right.

I wish you luck with quitting -- but I think once you get your hands on all the goodies you have coming, that will be made a lot easier.

Is anyone know this atomizer, they name is transparent atomizer. I think it is different than tank or clearomizers. View attachment 160716

I haven't seen quite that one before. It looks like some kind of bottom coil clearomizer similar to (but different than) the Phoenix. Could be the eGo-W clearomizer, perhaps?

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Thanks Mindfiled , your explain nation is really great. I respect people thy likes to help and they are not greedy in giving information to others.

You let me prepared myself for stop smoking completely, hopefully after receiving my stuff.

Pease did you get your evic, if yes what is your first impression about it. As you said it gives wrong volt, it is fixed and you can't change it? Or you can change the watt and the volt in the as you wish?

Although I bought all devices showed in my post the one I believe it is like vemo ( show in picture), I hope it will not bad clone of vemo. The company I ordered from them mentioned they are one of 3 largest manufacturer of e cig in the world. I hope it will perform as real vemo. image.jpg

I'm planning to prepare by my e juice not because of anything but because I will order some juice from Canada, I will use them in one month and I will force to return back to ecopure, accordingly I'm planning to by ecopure 4.5%, USP glycerin, pg and some flavor then I will play with percentage maybe I will succeed to achieve good taste. Please let me know if the flavors they mix with e juice is fruit concentrate or fruit favors. In Egypt Hookah ( shisha) is very popular with hundred ends to taste, do you know if the flavor they use with hookah is the same for e juice.

You are right, the atomizer showed in my picture deliver with ego w, do you have pervious experience if them.

Another question please, you use mini nova and viva nova with which device and what the difference between version 1 and version2, I ordered both but I don't know the difference. Also I ordered UFO which is device you connect to USB, put clearomizers and you can vape without battery, they said it nice to use it when you are on net or in car to save your charged batteries. Did you see this device

Please, what is the best battery for vv kit such as evic, vemo or the one in my pervious picture since I checked the web site for evic and I dint find same battery deliver with the kit.

Thanks again for your support.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Please another question, I ordered vv kit ( in picture) but I think the battery is smaller than evic. My question is, is the size and power of battery effect device performance or just shorten vaping time
image.jpg

Since i post many pictures showing internet site, Please for anyone on the forum I'm not advertise for product or site or company, I'm just very new in vaping, I ordered too many devices without knowing the negatives and positives in each, now I'm asking for advice from experts in vaping.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Sorry for the late reply, Hossam. It's the holiday season here where everything goes crazy. :)

I did get my eVic, and have been using it for almost a week now. In brief, I can see that this thing has a lot of potential, especially in its ability to be upgraded through software, but its initial version 1.0 firmware has a lot of issues that have to be addressed, and some of those issues may be related to hardware -- issues like the amperage limit and its seeming inability to go much beyond 10 watts, much less the full 15 (not that you'd really want to). I'm going to reserve final judgment on the device until I see what sort of things they're going to address in the first firmware update, but as it stands, the eVic v1.0 is a decent but somewhat mediocre device that needs more work before I can give it a real thumbs-up. But since it can be upgraded through firmware, that does give me a lot of hope that it can be improved without having to buy a whole new device.

It is not true variable wattage. You can set the wattage, but all that does is perform a one-time voltage adjustment based on the resistance of the atomizer you have attached. It does not dynamically adjust wattage whenever you attach a new one. I am hoping this is one of the things they fix in the next firmware update (or two).

The first image you showed is definitely a Vamo. Looks like the first version with the plastic buttons; the new version has metal buttons. It is definitely a great performer though, but I recommend using it only in 18650 mode or single 18350 mode. In dual 18350 mode it seems to have an issue initially detecting the resistance of your atomizer in variable power mode where it will blast it at high wattage for about half a second before calibrating and adjusting to the proper voltage. The problem is that while it's calibrating it may damage your coil. I have already had two SmokTech single coil 2.2ohm cartomizers damaged because of this little issue when using stacked 18350s, so now I'm only using 18650s.

I do not know what type of flavourings they use to flavour shisha, but I don't think they are as limited with the types of flavourings. For E-cigarette use, the flavourings must have a base of either propylene glycol, alcohol, triacetin or water. You cannot use oil-based flavourings in E-cigarettes because the flavourings do not mix properly and will separate. With shisha I beileve you can use oil-based flavourings because it's designed to soak into the tobacco so it will not separate. (I may be wrong, I have never tried a real hookah before and am not familiar with how shisha is prepared.)

I do not have experience with the eGo-W unfortunately, but from the reports and reviews I have seen of it, it is okay, but not completely reliable and may give dry hits, especially if used with thicker liquids that contain a higher percentage of VG.

Vivi Novas can work well on any device with a 510 connection, so you shouldn't have any problem using them on the devices you have ordered. The main difference between v1, v2, etc. is length of wick and some minor design changes -- basically, changes to make them work better. Such is the way it goes in the E-cig world, there are new versions of clearomizers coming out every other month, it seems, it's hard to keep track.

The best batteries for any variable voltage device are IMR batteries or hybrids. The AW IMR, EFest IMR, and Panasonic CGR18650CH are all excellent batteries to use in your mods.

The last picture you show there is an eGo-VV, a.k.a. KGo-V. It's a decent device, does 3V to 6V, and I believe they are available with either 650mAh batteries or 1000mAh batteries. Personally though I prefer either the eGo-C Twist, or the Vision Spinner. I have an eGo-VV and it's not bad, but I found that the center pin where the atomizer makes contact is too easily pushed in, and mine requires me to repeatedly pull the center post out a bit to make proper contact with other atomizers. I have had no such problem with the Spinner or Twist.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Thanks so much or your information and support, I should say sorry for asking too many questions specially during this time of the year.

I already ordered the evic but I ordered from vaporus because payment issue with vapor geek since I'm leaving in Egypt and we don't have PayPal.

It seems that you are not too happy with evic, I saw some reviews but unfortunately serious one by German language, I wish we can see your review soon. Most reviews addressed the watt and volt limitations, do you think they can overcome this problems in the coming firmware? I don't know if the coming firmware could increase the volt up to 6 volt and watt up to 15? Or this is hardware issue. I think, far from technical issues which I'm not expert in it, evic targeting people interested for interactive devices like iPhone or iPad not a very serious, heavy and expert vapers.

Please, last question for this year, I'm would like to order V3 stealth kit form vaporus to use it in crwaded place because it have automatic battery, small size, I saw your review for this kit but it was not clear if it is work good with clearomizers or not since your clearomizers was blocked also I notice that it is not produce much vapour. Please I need you personal opinion for this kit and if the little vapor because you vape with high pg liquid and what is best with this little device, clearomizers or cartomizer and what resistance.

Thanks again and Marry Christmas

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
pbusardo, a very well known American reviewer has a thorough video on the eVic;

So far most people agree the eVic has potential, but with the first version of the firmware was fairly mediocre. Version 1.1 has been released though and has addressed some of the issues. It appears that the power was a hardware limitation and they have changed the device from 15 watts to 11 watts; eVic V1.1 Update

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Thanks so much or your information and support, I should say sorry for asking too many questions specially during this time of the year.

No trouble at all. It's a little more hectic around this time of the year but I still find time to hop on here and flap my gums. :)

I already ordered the evic but I ordered from vaporus because payment issue with vapor geek since I'm leaving in Egypt and we don't have PayPal.

It seems that you are not too happy with evic, I saw some reviews but unfortunately serious one by German language, I wish we can see your review soon. Most reviews addressed the watt and volt limitations, do you think they can overcome this problems in the coming firmware? I don't know if the coming firmware could increase the volt up to 6 volt and watt up to 15? Or this is hardware issue. I think, far from technical issues which I'm not expert in it, evic targeting people interested for interactive devices like iPhone or iPad not a very serious, heavy and expert vapers.

Well, I will admit, the 1.1 firmware was just released and I did the upgrade. Since the upgrade they've addressed a couple of the major issues -- it has real variable wattage and dynamic atomizer resistance detection now, which was one of the real killers for me, so I like it more now. They still have some issues to address (11 watt maximum, 5V maximum, fix the stupid way they did auto-scrolling, etc.), but as I've said before, this ability to upgrade the device by downloading and installing new firmware is what makes this a potentially killer PV, and the first firmware upgrade release is starting to prove that. I actually bought a Vamo last week because I wanted variable wattage and the eVic wasn't giving me that. Now that the eVic can do real VW, I've switched back, mostly due to some issues the Vamo has using stacked batteries. (I am still using the Vamo with single batteries, though.)

Please, last question for this year, I'm would like to order V3 stealth kit form vaporus to use it in crwaded place because it have automatic battery, small size, I saw your review for this kit but it was not clear if it is work good with clearomizers or not since your clearomizers was blocked also I notice that it is not produce much vapour. Please I need you personal opinion for this kit and if the little vapor because you vape with high pg liquid and what is best with this little device, clearomizers or cartomizer and what resistance.

To be completely honest, the V3 Stealth didn't really "do it" for me because it uses the standard 808 cartomizers, most of which have not been very good in my opinion -- they give a warm vape and a decent amount of vapor, but the flavour and throat hit has always been very muted. I would instead recommend the eGo Mini and some Boge LR cartomizers to go with it. The eGo Mini is still very small, but it's a manual battery if that bothers you. However, using that with Boge LR cartomizers performs much better than most other minis, in my opinion, and is what I would take with me when I need something small and stealthy.

Thanks again and Marry Christmas

Thank you! I don't know if you celebrate anything this time of year (I think your holdiays are done for 2012, aren't they? Unless you're Christian, in which case I apologize and Merry Christmas!) In any event have a great rest-of-december and new year! :)

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Hello Mindfield and happy new year for all Canadians. I promised to not disturbe you during christums and new year time but I can't stop since I received my stuff and I would like your advices.

I got my evic and another 9 kits, I started using evic, elips and V3 stealth from vaporus. I'm pleased with all although and very sepreisengly the best one for me so far is the V3 stealth with automatic battery, the reason that this is the only kit gave me hot vape which I like it but I think I don't fill cartomizer right since I don't know how many drops I should put, please can you tell me. I also would like to use condum method to fill it but I'm confused from which side I should fill since in some YouTube videos they fill it from mouth piece side and another from battery connection side. Please which best side I should use and how many drop I should put to fill V3 horizontal coil cartomizer.

Regarding evic, I upgraded the firmware to 1.1 but I believe I can't adjusted well, I don't know if I should use vv or vw mode. I put ce4 clearomizer then used vw mode but the power go to 10 and stopped but the volt could be adjusted up to 5 V, when I put viva nova on vw mode, I was not able to increase the watt more than 7.8 but I can adjust the volt up to the maximum (5V). Please let me know if you have same experience and if you are using your evic on vv or GM mode.

Please I have another question, is the e liquid is volatil liquid because I notice that clearomizer C4 2.5 ohms consume huge amount of liquids although I vape with 4V and when I leave it on evic overnight, the volume of liquid decreased although I don't have any leakage. Is this normal with clearomizers? I'm using the elip with new tank system and the same vaporus Red e liquid but the liquid last for much more time than clearomizer with evic.

I will highly appreciate your support and advice

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Hello Mindfield and happy new year for all Canadians. I promised to not disturbe you during christums and new year time but I can't stop since I received my stuff and I would like your advices.

I got my evic and another 9 kits, I started using evic, elips and V3 stealth from vaporus. I'm pleased with all although and very sepreisengly the best one for me so far is the V3 stealth with automatic battery, the reason that this is the only kit gave me hot vape which I like it but I think I don't fill cartomizer right since I don't know how many drops I should put, please can you tell me. I also would like to use condum method to fill it but I'm confused from which side I should fill since in some YouTube videos they fill it from mouth piece side and another from battery connection side. Please which best side I should use and how many drop I should put to fill V3 horizontal coil cartomizer.

Most commonly, the condom method is used from the bottom (the end that screws on to the battery). Remove the rubber stopper from the end of the cartomizer (the one with the small hole to let vapor through). Fill the silicone cap about half-full with E-liquid, then slowly insert the cartomizer, thread-side down, into the cap while it absorbs the liquid. It may ooze out the center post and into the top of the cartomizer -- that's fine. Let it sit and absorb a while. Repeat if necessary until it no longer absorbs liquid, then remove from the cap, wipe clean, put the rubber stopper back in, and blow out the excess liquid over a paper towel from the top (mouth) end. You're ready to go.

Alternatively, if you want to drip liquid in, remove the rubber stopper from the top, tilt the cartomizer to about a 30° angle, and then drip a few drops directly from the juice bottle as if you were pouring a beer, rotating the cartomizer as you drip so that it evenly covers the filler. Let it soak in and then repeat until drops start to leak out the bottom. Replace the rubber stopper, Blow the excess juice out from the top over a paper towel, mop up any leaked drops and clean off the battery end, then you're ready to go.

Regarding evic, I upgraded the firmware to 1.1 but I believe I can't adjusted well, I don't know if I should use vv or vw mode. I put ce4 clearomizer then used vw mode but the power go to 10 and stopped but the volt could be adjusted up to 5 V, when I put viva nova on vw mode, I was not able to increase the watt more than 7.8 but I can adjust the volt up to the maximum (5V). Please let me know if you have same experience and if you are using your evic on vv or GM mode.

What mode you use depends on your personal preference. The difference here is:

VV: VV, or Variable Voltage mode, lets you adjust the voltage in 0.1V increments. It's simple, but requires that you know the resistance of your cartomizer or clearomizer so that you can roughly calculate what voltage you should use it at, and then adjust it to your preferences.

VW: VW, or Variable Wattage mode, works a little differently. Instead of doing the math in your head to figure out what temperature you want based on the resistance of the cartomizer and the voltage of the device, you instead tell it what temperature you want (in watts) and the device will do the math for you. The advantage of VW mode is that it will maintain that temperature no matter what the resistance of your cartomizer or clearomizer, because if you put a different resistance device on there, it will automatically read its resistance and then adjust the voltage for you in order to output the temperature you have set. In short, if you set a temperature in VW mode, it will output that temperature no matter what the resistance of your carto is (within its limits).

I usually prefer VW mode because it's more convenient and I don't really have to pay much attention to the voltage or resistance; I just tell it my preferred watts and it adjusts to whatever I attach to it.

Please I have another question, is the e liquid is volatil liquid because I notice that clearomizer C4 2.5 ohms consume huge amount of liquids although I vape with 4V and when I leave it on evic overnight, the volume of liquid decreased although I don't have any leakage. Is this normal with clearomizers? I'm using the elip with new tank system and the same vaporus Red e liquid but the liquid last for much more time than clearomizer with evic.

I will highly appreciate your support and advice

How much liquid a cartomizer or clearomizer use is going to vary from device to device. Some clearomizer might not use a lot, while others may use more. Same with cartomizers and tanks. You might also find a correlation between how much juice is used up and how well it performs. Cartos and clearos that go through more liquid tend to perform better -- taste better, produce better vapor, etc. I view a device that goes through juice more quickly as a sign that it is performing well.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Thanks very much for your support and valuable information's.
So the high consumption of liquid means good performance of my clearomizers, honestly they are performing good, also I tried the viva nova today, it is perform good with 7.8 watt. But I have something strange, when I attached the viva nova empty to the evic it reads 3.5 ohms but after I fill it with liquid it read 2.4 ohms and I was able to increase the watt up to 10.4 although when it was empty the max. was 7.8 watts, I don't know what is right, the viva Nova is 2.4 or 3.5 ohms or the evic didn't detect ohms accurately. He viva Nova I got was a gift from vaporus and noting written on it. I don't know right way to detect resistance of clearomizer or viva nova with evic, should I fill it with liquid or not.

I saw your review for V3 stealth from vaporus, would you please why it give worm vapor which I tried to get it from evic but I dint manage.

Thanks again for you support.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Thanks very much for your support and valuable information's.

Happy to help! :)

So the high consumption of liquid means good performance of my clearomizers, honestly they are performing good, also I tried the viva nova today, it is perform good with 7.8 watt. But I have something strange, when I attached the viva nova empty to the evic it reads 3.5 ohms but after I fill it with liquid it read 2.4 ohms and I was able to increase the watt up to 10.4 although when it was empty the max. was 7.8 watts, I don't know what is right, the viva Nova is 2.4 or 3.5 ohms or the evic didn't detect ohms accurately. He viva Nova I got was a gift from vaporus and noting written on it. I don't know right way to detect resistance of clearomizer or viva nova with evic, should I fill it with liquid or not.

I have had the Evic misread the resistance of my cartomizers before, though it's never been off by quite that much. In all probability it is misreading for you. Try going through the menus to manually detect the resistance (Device -> AtomizerΩ) and see if it keeps detecting the same resistance. That may help. I always take my clearomizers or cartomizers off the device to fill them anyway so I may never have noticed it giving a different reading with an empty device.

I saw your review for V3 stealth from vaporus, would you please why it give worm vapor which I tried to get it from evic but I dint manage.

Thanks again for you support.

The cartomizers for the V3 Stealth (and almost all 808 devices) use horizontal bottom coil cartomizers. That means that the heating coil sits at the bottom of the cartomizer, horizontally across the bottom air hole. When the coil heats up in any device, it radiates heat outward; if the coil is vertical like most standard cartomizers, it's radiating the heat primarily into the filler. On horizontal bottom coil (HBC) cartomizers, the heat, in part, radiates upward, towards you. This is what gives you a warmer vape than other cartomizers.

I find however that while it gives a warm vape, to me it lacks throat hit and flavour, and this is largely due to the way it gets liquid delivered to the coil. On standard vertical coil cartomizers, the coil is surrounded by a "sock" that wicks liquid directly from the filler material. The sock is always in constant contact with the filler on one side, and the coil on the other, so liquid gets delivered to the coil efficiently from all sides. On an HBC cartomizer however, the coil is covered by the central air tube, and instead has a silica wick running through the center that trails out to the filler material. The liquid must travel to that wick, and then to the coil. Because only the ends of the wick are touching the liquid-soaked filler, less liquid is delivered to the coil, and I find that this reduces its overall performance in flavour and throat hit.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Thank for your professional explanation about horizontal cartomizers, every day you teach me something new.

Now, I can say that the evic detect clearomizers and viva nova wrong when it is emply, I tried with smoktech empty doual coil LR cartomizer (5ml) which I know it is 1.5 ohm, the reading was 2.5 but when I fill it with juice it read 1.5 ohm, the same with mini nova. Anyhow it is not a problem because I will not vape empty cartomizer.

From your explanation about horizontal cartomizer, I believe the doual coil horizontal cartomizer will give more worm vapor than single coil. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Please would let me know which better for using with high VG juice, viva nova, clearomizer, cartomizer or atomizer. I was using 100% ecopure juice with intellicig ( atomizer) and I dint faced any problem but I read other models will not perform well with high percentage VG.

Another questions please,

1- I got from vaporus a red juice which is American tobacco flavor, this juice could be place under the category of dark juice?
2- how offen I should clean my clearomizer and cartomizer.
3- What the difference between viva nova and clearomizer, I checked both and all I saw that viva nova had bigger tank but the companant inside is the the same.
4- with unavalability of consumables in Egypt, do you advice me to by rebuildable atomizer like genesis atomizer, I have no idea what is the genesis atomizer but I think they are more durable than clearomizer.

I'm asking because in Egypt we don't have clearomizers or cartomizers then I should import them from outside which coat a lot accordingly I would like to maintain the stock I have as much as I can. I read that dark juices kills clearomizers and clearomizers, it that true? Also I read that clearomizer should be cleaned with water and dry hit every time it get empty, that is mean I should clean my clearomizer 4 times a day.

Thanks again for your help

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
From your explanation about horizontal cartomizer, I believe the doual coil horizontal cartomizer will give more worm vapor than single coil. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct, though the warmth may come at the expense of flavour and throat hit. Your tastes and preferences may vary though so that may be fine for you.

Please would let me know which better for using with high VG juice, viva nova, clearomizer, cartomizer or atomizer. I was using 100% ecopure juice with intellicig ( atomizer) and I dint faced any problem but I read other models will not perform well with high percentage VG.

Unfortunately nothing is going to work tremendously well with high VG juices. Pure VG juices are known as "carto killers" because thick liquids wear out the coil much sooner than thinner ones. My advice would be that for high VG juices, add a little bit of vodka or pure grain alcohol -- as much as 1-2% at most to help thin it out and make it work better in cartomizers and clearomizers.

Another questions please,

1- I got from vaporus a red juice which is American tobacco flavor, this juice could be place under the category of dark juice?

I don't think I've tried that juice so I am not familiar with how dark it is. However, there is some debate on whether or not the darkness of juice makes any difference in the longevity of cartomizers.

2- how offen I should clean my clearomizer and cartomizer.

Generally about once a week, though that depends on how thick the juice. Thicker juices will require you to clean the more often.

3- What the difference between viva nova and clearomizer, I checked both and all I saw that viva nova had bigger tank but the companant inside is the the same.

The Vivi Nova is a clearomizer. It's just a larger one than, say, the Stardust or Kanger T2. However, the Vivi Nova and the Stardust can both have their coils rebuilt. Phil Busardo has an excellent video on how to rebuild the Vivi Nova, and this can be applied to the Stardust as well.

4- with unavalability of consumables in Egypt, do you advice me to by rebuildable atomizer like genesis atomizer, I have no idea what is the genesis atomizer but I think they are more durable than clearomizer.

I wouldn't recommend a Genesis atomizer straight away. They are difficult to set up, and very touchy getting them going. I would at the very least wait and see how the current experiments with porous ceramic and airstones work out as they have the potential to be much better than stainless steel mesh. I would certainly recommend some standard rebuildable atomizers though, such as the Bulli or Phoenix. They are inexpensive and easy to rebuild, and the materials are cheap. They're mainly for dripping though so if you are not a dripper they may not be an idea solution.

I'm asking because in Egypt we don't have clearomizers or cartomizers then I should import them from outside which coat a lot accordingly I would like to maintain the stock I have as much as I can. I read that dark juices kills clearomizers and clearomizers, it that true? Also I read that clearomizer should be cleaned with water and dry hit every time it get empty, that is mean I should clean my clearomizer 4 times a day.

Thanks again for your help

As I mentioned, there is some debate as to whether the darkness of a juice contributes to how quickly it can killl an atomizer. A greater contributor to atomizer death is the thickness of the juice; thicker juices will wear the coil out more quickly. I don't think you need to clean 4 times a day -- that's a lot of overkill. Every 4-6 days I think is more than enough.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Thanks Mindfiled for you explanation on my question.
When I made order from china they sent me list of there products, a ceramic atomizer was included ( same as picture).
I read about gensis I think it good but if it is too complicated I will go for simple one such as Phoenix, I saw your review for building it on vaporus.com ( thanks for his detailed Vedio) but what you mean by " dripper " it means that I should drip liquid every time I vape? If yes, I believe this model is not suitable fo me because I vape all the day, by another meaning the e cig dosnt leave my hands all the day. Please do you advise something else. image.jpg

Please what is the difference between 200$ rebuildable atomizer like bilss and a 40$ G2 genesis rebuildable atomizer, why this gab in price litho ugh both have same features. Please a devise if the folding picture considered rebuildable atomizer or you didn't recommend this type.
image.jpg image.jpg

Another question please, I vaped ecopure 4.5% on the evic, it blowed my head and I felt dizzy after third puff, I posted question on the site asking about 4.5 concentration because in the USA site they mentioned it is comparable to 30 mg nicotine and I don't know what hey meant by comparable, I know it is 30 mg or 45 mg.

Now I'm sure it is a 45 mg nicotine liquid which too high for someone like me since I'm chain vapers, I would like to dilute is with VG to reduce nicotine, the liquid is 100% VG, my questions is:

1- I would like to achieve 22.5 % nicotine then, if I would like to prepare 3 ml ( or 60 drops) , how much VG and vodka should I add.
2- What gives throat hit, the nicotine concentration or % of pg, I read that some liquids with zero nicotine gives a throat hit, is that true ?

Maybe you will get surprise about 45 mg nicotine liquid same as many members on the site but intellicig informed me that they produce this liquid targeting just stopped smokers same as Njoy disposable cig in USA.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Thanks Mindfiled for you explanation on my question.
When I made order from china they sent me list of there products, a ceramic atomizer was included ( same as picture).
I read about gensis I think it good but if it is too complicated I will go for simple one such as Phoenix, I saw your review for building it on vaporus.com ( thanks for his detailed Vedio) but what you mean by " dripper " it means that I should drip liquid every time I vape? If yes, I believe this model is not suitable fo me because I vape all the day, by another meaning the e cig dosnt leave my hands all the day. Please do you advise something else. View attachment 167038

Yes, dripping refers to using a straight atomizer of some sort and dripping liquid directly into it after every few puffs to keep it stocked with liquid. Some people like dripping. I'm not much of a dripper myself, I usually only drip when I do juice reviews, the rest of the time I use clearomizers or cartomizers in tanks. Genesis devices can be very good -- so I'm told -- but they do take a fair bit of work to get them there if you've never done it before, and may require some practise and patience to get them working optimally. They are definitely not new user friendly -- I recommend them only if you like to tinker and are up for a challenge. :)

Please what is the difference between 200$ rebuildable atomizer like bilss and a 40$ G2 genesis rebuildable atomizer, why this gab in price litho ugh both have same features.

Well, it's going to depend on which atomizers you're talking about, but the biggest difference is usually build quality. Expensive rebuildables (including Genesis-types) are usually hand-made, often by one person, out of high quality materials such as food-grade stainless steel and borosilicate glass, and all of the machining is usually high-precision -- smooth threads, everything meshes together seamlessly. What you get when you buy one of those expensive rebuildables is usually something of exceptional quality and usually quite nice to look at. Cheaper devices are usually made of inferior materials and may not have all of the features that a more expensive device might have -- things like a positionable airhole, dual wick slots, glass window, adjustable airflow, things like that. With cheaper atomizers you generally just get the basics, and you often get what you pay for, to coin an old saying. A $20 Genesis will look and function like a $20 Genesis. The more expensive ones will be better, but once you get up above $100, things start to get subjective as to whether it's really worth the money or not. Sometimes part of the price is it its collector value. :)

Please a devise if the folding picture considered rebuildable atomizer or you didn't recommend this type.
View attachment 167042 View attachment 167043

Yes, that appears to be a rebuildable, as it looks like you can replace the wick and coil with a fresh one when needed.

Another question please, I vaped ecopure 4.5% on the evic, it blowed my head and I felt dizzy after third puff,

I'm not surprised! The first time I tried 36mg I took a big ol' drag and it nearly blew my head off! I don't even want to think about trying 45mg in a well-performing device. :) (I can see it in a small cig-like device because they tone down the throat hit and flavour, but in a larger device? You'll be seeing stars after the first puff. :))

I posted question on the site asking about 4.5 concentration because in the USA site they mentioned it is comparable to 30 mg nicotine and I don't know what hey meant by comparable, I know it is 30 mg or 45 mg.

What they mean is that, like I mentioned above, when used in a small cigarette-like device like the Intellicig or many other cheap cig-style devices, you kind of have to put a higher strength liquid in the carts because it can't perform well enough to deliver the full effect of the nic content or flavour concentration. For me, if I want to get a hit that feels like 12mg, I have to use an 18mg or higher liquid in the cart. That's why they say 45mg is "comparable" to 30mg -- you lose strength because the device it's in can't deliver the full effect of the liquid.

If you want something that is comparable to what you're probably used to at this point, I would recommend an 18-24mg liquid to use with your current hardware.

Now I'm sure it is a 45 mg nicotine liquid which too high for someone like me since I'm chain vapers, I would like to dilute is with VG to reduce nicotine, the liquid is 100% VG, my questions is:

1- I would like to achieve 22.5 % nicotine then, if I would like to prepare 3 ml ( or 60 drops) , how much VG and vodka should I add.
2- What gives throat hit, the nicotine concentration or % of pg, I read that some liquids with zero nicotine gives a throat hit, is that true ?

Maybe you will get surprise about 45 mg nicotine liquid same as many members on the site but intellicig informed me that they produce this liquid targeting just stopped smokers same as Njoy disposable cig in USA.

Yes, if you want to tone down that 45mg E-liquid, use 1 part E-liquid to 1 part VG, then add in a small amount of alcohol, about 1-2 drops of alcohol for every ml of liquid you are diluting.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Thanks for due tallies in formation you gave me.

Please what is postponable airhole and adjustable airflow you mentioned about gensis atomizers. I think for the time being it is better to complete my learning curve then I start with rebuildable atomizer.

I dilute the 45% with 50% VG and I added 6 drops vodka, the throat hit was OK and lot of vapor but I did mistake because I added 15 banana flavor then it gave something strange I can't describe, but more than burning taste. I was vaping on 4.2 volt with clearomizer 2.4 ohm and evic. Do you think 15% is too much? Or maybe I should leave it for some hours.

The original liquid as you know is 45 mg but ecopure didn't mentioned anything about flavor, they have regular and rich, that is all. I think they mean regular tobacco and rich tobacco, frankly I feel it tasteless. Please I need your recommendation on which flavor could match tobacco flavor liquid.

I would like to thank you about you advise for Canadian liquid because I really absolutely enjoy vaporus liquid specially black cherry 24 mg.
It have very sooth and pleasant sweetly taste. I read some vapers recommend to put one drop of sweeter on the liquid to enhance valor and another vapers recommend to put one drop of lemon juice, did you tried this? Or you use ready made liquids.

Sorry for asking too many question but although I got some liquids from Canada, they will not last for long and I will force to return back to ecopure which is only brand available in Egypt that why I'm preparing myself from now.

All we have in Egypt, ecopure 45 mg ( regular or rich) and VG, I'm looking to do 22 mg nicotine with different flavors but I don't know what flavor could match with what is available in my country. if you have any suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread