• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Please I need help from Canadians

Status
Not open for further replies.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Hmm .. the language barrier is making this thread hard.

1. E-mail the Chinese vendor and see if you can return it to them and get a refund because of customs in Egypt. You could also cut down the order to 1 Kit, like: https://www.canvape.com/product-p/ultwistkit.htm
2. If you ship to Canada, DHL should work. Label it as a gift, under-estimate the value and vaguely label it as electronics or toys.
3. PG liquid has a stronger taste, but less vapour. VG has a weaker taste, but more vapour.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Thanks IamAurora, This is excactly what happened with me.

You know I didn’t imagine that importing e cigarettes for personal use is forbidden in Egypt because too many shops selling cheap, low quality e cigarettes also there is add for them in the biggest TV channel in Egypt, the most surprising issue, they mentioned in the add that goods approved by ministry of health.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were certain protectionist laws in Egypt regarding the importation of foreign goods. Brazil had similar sorts of laws back in the 80s -- it wasn't illegal to import, but the tariffs Brazil levied on imported goods were so high that it made it extremely impractical to import anything from outside. Because of that there was a huge bootleg electronics industry in Brazil, but the government didn't care because it kept the money inside the country.

On the other hand, you've got people with the opposite problem. In Australia and New Zealand, it is illegal to sell E-cigarettes or e-liquid in the country, but perfectly legal to import them from other countries.

If you have already ordered your products from China and are just looking to have them re-shipped here to Canada, and if there is no e-liquid in the package, then you shouldn't have any problems. Hardware is not forbidden here and as far as I know there is no limit on the number of devices you bring in. E-liquid with nicotine however can cause problems with customs, and if any of that is included with the package you ordered, I would recommend you ask the company you ordered this stuff from to ship the liquid in a separate package and do not have them mark anything to do with E-liquid or anything on the customs form or packing list.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Thanks to all for helping me.

My package dint includes any liquid it just a kit, extra batteries and tanks. Thanks Mindfiled for you information about there is no limitation for the number of devices because I will send ( 7 kits).

I wish in Egypt we will have the same as Canada were people can import devices, i discovered when I went to solve the problem with custoums that we can't import anything related to e cigarettes even a battery. The funny thing I took with me a lot of things proing that e cigarettes available in Egypt and it sold in the biggest and most prestigious shopping malls in Cairo , they said sorry, you had bad luck because we catches you should continue with tobacco cigarettes it is cheaper for you. ( in Egypt one box of Marlboro coast less than 2 $)

Please Is there is any link to any shop or site in Canada selling e liquid , is will be better if it is located in Montreal ( for quick delivery) since my brother will leave after 12 days and I would like to order liquid from Canada.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Please Is there is any link to any shop or site in Canada selling e liquid , is will be better if it is located in Montreal ( for quick delivery) since my brother will leave after 12 days and I would like to order liquid from Canada.

I've sent you a PM regarding E-liquid vendors in Quebec. Hopefully that should help.

zztrydr

Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, AB
TO: zztrydr,

I planned to order from china and shipped to Egypt but in Egypt customs didn't released it because e cigarettes forbidden in Egypt accordingly I have 3 options:
1- leave package in the customs and forget the subject.
2- Re-ship it to china and try to get my money back.
3- Re-ship it to someone leaving in another country and he can bring with him.

I choose the third option.

i see. thanks for clarifying! :)

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Thanks so much I will contact one of them and I'm planning to order ovale evic, I believe it is a good device.

My eVic should be arriving today as well. It looks like it has a great deal of promise, but the first version of the firmware appears to have some flaws that I hope will be fixed in the next update. But I don't presently see the early firmware version as a deal breaker yet until we learn more about what can be fixed in firmware and what can't be. Supposedly we should be seeing a new version of the firmware early in the new year, so I will have to do both the initial review of the device and its software, and a followup after the firmware update is released.

You may also want to look at the Vamo. I've been hearing a lot of good things about it, and I should have one in my hands soon as well.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Thanks I will have a look at Vamo. Please I need your advice about liquid suitable for vv and tank system. I prefer 100% VG since I like big vapor but I don't know if it is ok with vv and tank system or not. Please let me know your first impression about evic when you receive it. I will place my order next Sunday.

With regard to liquid, 100% VG is okay, but you may need to thin it down with a little bit of alcohol for it to wick well in clearomizers/tanks. Otherwise you are liable to get frequent dry hits. I use 70% PG/30% VG in my liquids and they've always wicked very well in modern clearomizers and tanks. You should probably be okay even with a 50/50 mix, but much beyond that and you'll start running into wicking issues.

With regard for placing your order, also keep in mind that it's Christmas time here, so if you place your order next Sunday (the 23rd) it may not get shipped out until Thursday (the 27th) at the earliest, when regular mail delivery resumes, so plan accordingly.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Thanks again for your advice, unfortunately in Egypt we have only ecopure which is British brand 100% VG it is ok with mini e cigarettes but I have no idea how it will be with tank system, I read that most people use a mix go PG and VG with different mix. Anyhow I will order liquid with evic then I will have chance to try PG liquid.

I will place my order Sunday 16th of December hopefully they can delivered to my brother in Montreal before he leaving 30th. Of December.

Regarding vemo, I think I order the same from china but with another name ( telescopic vap), honestly I will order evic not because im deep in vaping but because it is technologically advances device, in the end I need device produce large vapor.

Please I need your advice if I should order other parts or accessories with evic. My order from china includes automizers ( c4,5,6,8) and mini nova version 2 and new version but I don't know if they are compatible with evic or not.

Please let me know which type of alcohol you are using with VG liquid. Is this the one we can buy from pharmacy or special alcohol?

Another question please, did you try Vaporus Premium or Hanseng E-Juice, I'm confused which one I should order, I'm looking for good tobacco test. Or your advice for other brand or teats will be highly appreciated.

Sorry for asking too many questions but you really helping me.

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Thanks again for your advice, unfortunately in Egypt we have only ecopure which is British brand 100% VG it is ok with mini e cigarettes but I have no idea how it will be with tank system, I read that most people use a mix go PG and VG with different mix. Anyhow I will order liquid with evic then I will have chance to try PG liquid.

Yes, most people here tend to use a blend of PG and VG, usually 70/30 or 50/50 is most common, but in many cases we have the option to choose how it is mixed.

I will place my order Sunday 16th of December hopefully they can delivered to my brother in Montreal before he leaving 30th. Of December.

That should be plenty of time I would think. Since it will be delivered within the same province it should arrive at your friend's place within a couple of days.

Please I need your advice if I should order other parts or accessories with evic. My order from china includes automizers ( c4,5,6,8) and mini nova version 2 and new version but I don't know if they are compatible with evic or not.

I don't know what the c4/5/6/8 are, but the eVic can support any 510 and most eGo devices. The Vivi Nova and Mini Nova are both 510 connections so you're perfectly fine with those. I would also order maybe a spare 18650 battery (AW IMR and Panasonic CGR18650CH are both excellent choices) so you have an extra, if you don't already have them.

Please let me know which type of alcohol you are using with VG liquid. Is this the one we can buy from pharmacy or special alcohol?

It needs to be ethyl alcohol/grain alcohol. I don't know what the availability of drinkable alcohol is in Egypt but most of us will most commonly use vodka as a way to thin out thick juices. If you don't have easy access to alcohol, you can thin with a bit of distilled water, too, but alcohol tends to preserve more of the flavour during dilution.

Another question please, did you try Vaporus Premium or Hanseng E-Juice, I'm confused which one I should order, I'm looking for good tobacco test. Or your advice for other brand or teats will be highly appreciated.

I have tried a few Hangsen juices in the past and they're not too bad. I would order some of Vaporus' own juices though, I've tried a number of those and they're very good.

Sorry for asking too many questions but you really helping me.

No trouble at all, we're here to help with whatever questions you might have!

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Thanks so much for your detailed answer, in Egypt we have everything vodka, alcohol and for sure disteleed water but please how many drop I should put for say 3 ml.

Please, do you have previous exteriance with vaporgeek since they are only shop I found accept payment by Visa card and they have the evic in stock.

The c4,6 ect.. Is cleaomizer for 510 system, I think they are all the same but different in size. Also I will have the mini nova 1 and version 2, honestly I don't know the difference.

Please correct me if I'm wrong in the following, is it true that low ohm atomizer give more vapor without long inhaling?

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Thanks so much for your detailed answer, in Egypt we have everything vodka, alcohol and for sure disteleed water but please how many drop I should put for say 3 ml.

Great, I didn't know the availability of alcohol in Egypt, so it's good to hear that it's available there. :) Generally, whether using alcohol or distilled water, you don't want to add any more than 5%, but how much to add will depend on how thick the liquid is to begin with. For a 3ml bottle I would add 2-4 drops, again depending on thickness of the liquid, but you may have to do a little bit of trial and error to see what works for you. Start with only 2 drops in a 3ml bottle and see if that wicks okay. If not, pour the liquid back into the clearomizer and add another couple of drops and repeat until it wicks properly in the clearomizer.

Also, you may have to give some clearomizers a break-in period -- that is, you may have to use it for a few hours or even a full day before it starts performing really well and giving good flavour and throat hit.

Please, do you have previous exteriance with vaporgeek since they are only shop I found accept payment by Visa card and they have the evic in stock.

Yes, I PMed you about that.

The c4,6 ect.. Is cleaomizer for 510 system, I think they are all the same but different in size. Also I will have the mini nova 1 and version 2, honestly I don't know the difference.

Ah yes, the CE4/CE5/CE6.626068 × 10-34 m2 kg/s. To be honest, most of us don't know the difference either, there are just so many versions we've lost track. :)

Please correct me if I'm wrong in the following, is it true that low ohm atomizer give more vapor without long inhaling?

That's one way to do it, yes. The other way is to use a higher resistance atomizer/cartomizer/clearomizer at higher voltage or higher wattage. Basically, you're looking for higher temperatures, which is expressed in watts -- like light bulbs. With variable voltage devices you can find out your wattage by using a formula with the voltage and resistance of the cartomizer, which looks like this:

volts2/resistance

So if you have a 2ohm cartomizer, and you're set at 4 volts, you'd calculate your watts like this:

42/2 = 8 watts

8 watts is decently warm -- some people like it warmer, around 10-12 watts, some like it cooler. It's all just a matter of preference. Since you are getting the eVic, it features the ability to set your wattage, so you can decide what temperature you want to vape at and it will take care of detecting the resistance of the cartomizer/clearomizer and adjusting the voltage for you.

Also, if you have variable voltage, using higher resistance atomizers at higher voltage actually drains less power from the battery than low resistance atomizers at lower voltage -- even for the same wattage output, so using high resistance and high voltage will actually get you more vape time before the battery needs to be charged.

Keep in mind however that different cartomizers, clearomizers and atomizers may give a different vape experience at the same wattage due to a number of factors (coil distance from mouth, obstacles between the coil and your mouth, etc.) so you may find that one device may vape warm but another may feel cooler even at the same wattage setting.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Thanks Mindfiled very much for educating, I had no idea about all this information, I thought increase volt it will increase volume of vapor, that is all.

I don't know which ohm my cleaomizer will be but I also ordered atomizer with plastic tank cartage because they said it gives much more vapour thank cleaomizer but I don't know if this head will work with evic or not.

From your explanation I understood that with high voltage better to use high resistance cleaomizer but if I used low resistance one, it will only drain much power or it will also damage the catomizer.

Do you know how long cleaomizer last, please note I'm vaping very heavily since the e cigettate I have don't leave my mouth almost all the day. By the way this is one of the reasons I would like to get evic because it will tells me how much I vaped every day then I can communicate with experts to see if what I'm doing is right or wrong.

Sorry but one more question, the e liquid I have ( ecopure) didn't mentioned nicotine percentage same as Canadians e juice, I use 3.5 and 4.5%, do you know it is equivelant to which concentration in Canadian products, I found nicotiene concentration is 24, 20, 12. I attached a picture to illustrate what I mean image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Thanks Mindfiled very much for educating, I had no idea about all this information, I thought increase volt it will increase volume of vapor, that is all.

Well, yes, that's part of it -- but when you increase voltage or wattage, you increase everything -- flavour, vapor and throat hit, for the most part. Higher voltage can sometimes slightly alter the flavour of a liquid too, if it's one that has more than one flavouring in it. Where at a low voltage you might taste a lot of one flavour and not as much of another, turning the voltage up can bring out more of that background flavour. You just have to be careful not to set it too high or you can start to scorch the liquid, and then it just starts tasting bad.

I don't know which ohm my cleaomizer will be but I also ordered atomizer with plastic tank cartage because they said it gives much more vapour thank cleaomizer but I don't know if this head will work with evic or not.

Well, it may be a matter of debate, but in my personal opinion, those tank systems that you show a picture of (called eGo tank systems) don't give better anything than clearomizers. The eGo-C type of tank systems are alright, but I think you might find for yourself that some clearomizers are far better than any eGo tank system could ever be. eGo tank systems also give cool vapes because the vapor travels past all sorts of obstacles before it reaches your mouth, which causes the vapor to condense on lots of surfaces on its way out, so even at higher voltage you're going to find the vapor much cooler than a top-coil clearomizer.

From your explanation I understood that with high voltage better to use high resistance cleaomizer but if I used low resistance one, it will only drain much power or it will also damage the catomizer.

You will only damage atomizers, clearomizers or cartomizers if you run them at too high a wattage -- in other words, run them too hot. They'll wear out more quickly if you run them hot, and if you run them too hot, the coil could pop. (It's not a physical pop really, the heat wire just breaks and stops working.)

Here's a video I did a while back on high voltage and high resistance versus low voltage and low resistance.

Do you know how long cleaomizer last, please note I'm vaping very heavily since the e cigettate I have don't leave my mouth almost all the day. By the way this is one of the reasons I would like to get evic because it will tells me how much I vaped every day then I can communicate with experts to see if what I'm doing is right or wrong.

To be honest, there isn't really any right or wrong way -- just like there's no real right or wrong way to smoke. Okay, sure, if you try and smoke a cigarette from the wrong end, that's wrong, but otherwise, it's all about smoking -- or rather, vaping, now -- as much as your body tells you it wants. I generally gauge how much I vape by how much E-liquid I go through in a day. For me, I use up about 4-5ml of 12mg liquid a day, which is not that bad at all -- it's right around average, I'd wager. But I know some here who vape as much as 10ml or more a day and they're perfectly happy with that.

Your body will tell you if you are taking too much nicotine. If you start getting a headache, mild nausea, or heart palpitations, especially if you start experiencing them regularly while vaping, then that means one of two things: 1) You're not drinking enough water (E-liquid is a humectant -- it absorbs water, so you need to drink more), or B) You're consuming too much nicotine and you need to cut back.

However, in regards to the amount of nicotine you're consuming, bear in mind that at first your body will probably want more than normal. This is your body adjusting to vaping. After a while though your body may change and you might find your body is telling you to slow down and start vaping lower-strength liquid. I had to go through this myself; I started at 18mg liquid, went up to 24mg liquid for a while, and then I started getting the symptoms of too much nicotine, and I had to cut back to 12mg, which is where I am now and have been for a year and a half.

As for clearomizers, they should last you at least a week, maybe more. If you are buying clearomizers with replaceable heads (Vivi Nova, Mini Nova, Stardust, Kanger T2, etc.) then you'll have to replace them when your liquid start tasting bland or burnt.

There are ways to clean your heads though and extend their life. Here is a video I did on cleaomizer care and maintenance that should help you get the most out of your clearomizers.

Sorry but one more question, the e liquid I have ( ecopure) didn't mentioned nicotine percentage same as Canadians e juice, I use 3.5 and 4.5%, do you know it is equivelant to which concentration in Canadian products, I found nicotiene concentration is 24, 20, 12. I attached a picture to illustrate what I mean View attachment 160454

Hmm. If those percentage numbers are indicative of the nicotine content, then that means those liquids are 35mg and 45mg -- which is really high -- although in those little cigarettes, they tend to really mute throat hit and vapor production, so you might not actually be getting the full 35-45mg. I would recommend getting 18 or 24mg liquid here, which should probably give you the equivalent of what that little Intellicig was giving you. Try getting a mix of 18 and 24mg so you can try them both and see which one you prefer.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Thanks very much for all information and support you gave me, I also inform my friends vaping with me and they are all interested.

Unfortunately in Egypt we have only ecopure juice with regular or rich flavor, I tried once to add banana flavor to the regular one but the taste was very bad, I believe I used wrong flavor and percentage.

Regarding nicotine percentage, I would like to ask if I add pure VG which I ca n get from pharmacy to 4.5% ecopure it will decrease the nicotiana percentage or it is better to buy 3.5%.

It is perfect what you mentioned about water because I'm a person very very rear to drink water, honestly I dint faced nicotine over dose symptoms but some times I feel dazing when I vape 4.5% but I got ok when I switch to 3.5%.

Please let me know, when you start vaping you stopped smoke completely or you was mixing because until now, I feel s motives to smoke tobacco, although I smoke 6 a day instead of 70 to 80 per day, I would like to stop completely.

About high volt please let me know what is considered high volt for vaping, the 2 kits I ordered from china give 6 volt vape also please let me know hitch normal volt with ego system.

I saw I Vedio on the Internet about condensation effect build inside mouth piece for tank system kit unfortunately, the Video was for one kit I ordered from china (elips) but I don't know if the ego T system will have the same or not.

I thought the cleaomizer will last longer than a week because the heater inside my e cigarette last for 3 months but it is very good that you mentioned that because I will order more clearomizers from Canada.

Please I would like my future evic to looks short as much as possible accordingly, please I need your recommendation of the shortest atomizer suitable for evic. Although I order clearomizers from china I believe if I will use one of them with evic, I will looks like holding RPG in my hand.

Thanks again for your information and support.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
As long as you can get USP grade vegetable glycerin, yes you can dilute liquids, but you will also be diluting and changing the flavour. I would say it is better to buy the 3.5% if that is better for you.

Lots of people quit smoking completely, others do both for a while. Personally I smoked for a few months, slowly cutting down before stopping completely.

Normal Joyetech Ego batteries are regulated to 3.3V. Ego twists, go from 3.2 to 4.8 volts. I would guess the average voltage people use is between around 4V or up to 5V. Depending on the omhs of your device, 6 should be more than enough in my opinion.

Atomizers last longer than clearomizer coils and wicks, which can last weeks to a month depending on usage and cleaning. Depending on the clearomizer, you can just buy the replacement wick/coils heads, for example for the Vivi Nova; Electric Cigarettes | E Cigarettes Canada | Buy Electronic Cigarettes.

Atomizers/clearomizers won't make a huge difference in the length of the eVic, in the future they may release smaller battery tubes. Although less advanced the Vamo has similar basic functions and will work with a smaller battery to decrease it's size.

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Thanks very much for all information and support you gave me, I also inform my friends vaping with me and they are all interested.

Always glad to help! If it helps you and your friends enjoy vaping then that's all that matters. :)

Regarding nicotine percentage, I would like to ask if I add pure VG which I ca n get from pharmacy to 4.5% ecopure it will decrease the nicotiana percentage or it is better to buy 3.5%.

Yes, you can add VG to the liquid as well, but bear in mind, that will make the liquid thicker, and will reduce the flavour and throat hit, though it will increase vapor. VG is great at producing vapor, but tends to lessen flavour and throat hit. That's why most of us use a blend, as PG is great at preserving flavour and throat hit, it's just not very good at vapor production.

It is perfect what you mentioned about water because I'm a person very very rear to drink water, honestly I dint faced nicotine over dose symptoms but some times I feel dazing when I vape 4.5% but I got ok when I switch to 3.5%.

That sounds about right. Keep in mind that that small Intellicig you've been using probably reduces throat hit and nicotine delivery considerably compared to larger devices, so that 3.5% and 4.5% probably produces the equivalent of 18mg and 24mg when used in your Intellicig, but if you were to use them in a clearomizer on an eGo or the eVic, you'd find out just how strong that liquid really is -- I'm talking about being unvapable it's so strong. I'm normally a 12mg vaper myself, but I have many small E-cigs similar to your Intellicig where I need to use at least an 18mg or higher liquid to get a vape that feels like 12mg. In fact, one kit I reviewed last spring from a company called Blaze E-cig, contained 24mg liquid in it, but it felt like 12mg. I'd bet your Intellicig is the same way.

So that's why I recommend you try getting 18 and 24mg liquid. When used in the hardware you're getting, that's probably what's going to give you a vape similar to (but probably better than) what your Intellicig produces.

Please let me know, when you start vaping you stopped smoke completely or you was mixing because until now, I feel s motives to smoke tobacco, although I smoke 6 a day instead of 70 to 80 per day, I would like to stop completely.

It's different for everyone. I'm in the group of people who were able to stop smoking immediately after trying an E-cig. But I also started with an eGo device, rather than a cigarette-style E-cig like the one you have, so it was able to satisfy me very well using 18mg liquid. Chances are the reason that you haven't quit completely is because the Intellicig you have just isn't performing well enough to make you quit. The right device and the right E-liquid can make all the difference in the world. Many people start off with the small E-cigs like you did, but most end up moving on to something bigger and better.

About high volt please let me know what is considered high volt for vaping, the 2 kits I ordered from china give 6 volt vape also please let me know hitch normal volt with ego system.

What is considered high voltage depends on the resistance of the atomizer. What I'm really talking about is too high a wattage. For example, a 2ohm atomizer at 6V is too high -- that's 18 watts. It's all about finding the temperature that works for you though.

I saw I Vedio on the Internet about condensation effect build inside mouth piece for tank system kit unfortunately, the Video was for one kit I ordered from china (elips) but I don't know if the ego T system will have the same or not.

Some tank systems do have a problem with condensation. The Elips was definitely one that did not handle condensation well. The eGo-T was another. I did not like either of those systems though because they just didn't perform well enough for me. Some clearomizers may develop condensation inside the mouthpiece, and you might end up getting drops of juice in the mouth though. Sometimes that's just part of vaping.

I thought the cleaomizer will last longer than a week because the heater inside my e cigarette last for 3 months but it is very good that you mentioned that because I will order more clearomizers from Canada.

Well, keep in mind that you can clean clearomizers and clearo heads to make them last longer. The video I linked to earlier can show you all about how to do that to get the most life out of them and make them last as long as possible. My week figure was based on how long I generally use them fore before they start losing their flavour. Cleaning can restore much of that, though remember that each time you do a clean and burn it won't be restored to quite the same level of performance before, so there is always a level of diminishing returns when you clean.

Please I would like my future evic to looks short as much as possible accordingly, please I need your recommendation of the shortest atomizer suitable for evic. Although I order clearomizers from china I believe if I will use one of them with evic, I will looks like holding RPG in my hand.

Thanks again for your information and support.

Pretty much all atomizers are the same size unless you get what are called "long barrel" atomizers. With cartomizers, there are ones that are considered "standard size" (35mm long) and XL (45mm long). You can also get "stubby" cartomizers from SmokTeck that are only about 20mm long, but keep in mind the shorter they are, the less liquid they hold. With clearomizers, most of them are usually about the size of an XL cartomizer. You can't often find shorter ones because they're designed to hold a minimum amount of liquid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread