Pictorial: *The VAPER V4* : a slim & sexy hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2012
Ontario
I decided to use some common sense and line up the spare tank with the deck/tank assembly. There's no way that set screw is involved in securing the tank. My guess is that it's there to secure the deck. :facepalm: I guess i just go back to removing the bolts and applying more elbow grease in order to remove the tank.
IMG_6069.jpg

petar k

Unresolved Status
Jun 6, 2010
Serbia / Croatia
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Masonite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2012
Ontario
Was finally able to get the tank off today. I first rinsed the deck in hot water...there was some baked juice underneath the positve nut. Then using the edge of my desk i pushed the positive post through the deck. It was in there really tight...had to put put all my weight on it.This then gave me enough of the tank to grab on to in order to remove. There was a bit of crud on the postive thread which i had to remove. It comes off much easier now. Looking forward for the bead blasted version to arrive!
IMG_6085.jpg IMG_6086.jpg

Masonite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2012
Ontario
And thank YOU for the tips regarding taking the deck off! I'm hoping I never have to but it's good to know how should I ever have to do it. :)
Hey JP. I'm sure you're aware and just mis-typed....but for anyone elses sake, that was just a tip for removing the tank for clean juice changes. I have no tips for removing the deck... I've masacred those attempts thinking i was removing the tank! lol. Hopefully i never have to remove the deck either.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Hey JP. I'm sure you're aware and just mis-typed....but for anyone elses sake, that was just a tip for removing the tank for clean juice changes. I have no tips for removing the deck... I've masacred those attempts thinking i was removing the tank! lol. Hopefully i never have to remove the deck either.

LOL yeah, I realize that now..... :D

Thanks though!! :)

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
Anyone successfully CHANGE the tank yet? I got my v4 used, and the deck has some melting that has fixed the nut on the positive in place. To remove the tank, I had to undo the batt connection, and there seems to be some unidentifiable goop there sealing the hole. Anyone know what this is? Have a way around the goop? Etc?

sent via Droid Mini

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Anyone successfully CHANGE the tank yet? I got my v4 used, and the deck has some melting that has fixed the nut on the positive in place. To remove the tank, I had to undo the batt connection, and there seems to be some unidentifiable goop there sealing the hole. Anyone know what this is? Have a way around the goop? Etc?

sent via Droid Mini

There's instruction on it a few pages back by Petar K himself

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
Yeah, read the instructions, but mine is a special case what with the slightly melted deck. No worries though. I got it together, threw on some teflon tape to clog up the weeping from the positive connection under the tank, blatantly and unremorsefully copied someone's (i forget who posted this) build - a 7 wrap of 28ga which I then took a turn off of, and now this thing vapes like a champ. Flavor is still a bit muted compared to a kayfun, but thats actually a good thing, b/c I didn't like this juice before. Its got a nice, relaxing vape quality. Light TH, and good enough flavor with no dry hits (300# mesh). A fantastic vape with a great form factor. Thanks guys for your posts, and thank you qorax for the thread. I may actually snag another one straight from Petar. It's worth it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread