www.facebook.com
Introduction |Ergonomics |Operations |Performance |Pros & Cons |Conclusion
The VAPER V4 by Petar K
A dinky little fella you might just can’t live without
saint-0083.gif

sb224p.jpg

206e7g2.jpg

A. INTRODUCTION

Well, how many of you succeeded with your genny builds using the Petar K method? I did! And if I had not found the Petar K youtube videos I might never have gotten my mesh and kanthal right in the first place ~ way back in 2012. Yes, he is a genesis genius! And when he introduced his “The Vaper” those days - they were an instant hit. This is his last & final iteration of the Vaper ~ The Vaper V4 ~ and boy, did he do it right?

dnherr.jpg

24zertu.jpg

1. What is it?
Vaper V4 is a genesis hybrid in the 14xxx form factor. The Vapers had been developed to take in a 14500 battery (preferably IMRs) and with V3 - they had an optional 15mm tube extension so as to also use 14650 batteries. Now with V4 that ‘extension tube’ is part of the package. Thus the Vaper V4 can be used with either 14500 or 14650 batteries.

ehogy.jpg

2ijhyio.jpg

2d10jtw.jpg

2. Features and Basic Specs:
1) Type: Genesis Hybrid Mod
2) Form Factor: 14xxx Battery Tube
3) Airflow Control (AFC): 2 x Airholes (1.5mm each side), Adjustable
4) Finish: Available in two variants, Polished and Satin (Glass Blasted). tank section remains polished
5) Logo & Branding: Laser engraved (Galvo Vectoring for permanent rendering)
6) Switch Mechanism: Bottom Firer (first time for a Petar K Vaper!)
7) Locking Mechanism: Yes (thru slightly unscrewing the top cap or the body tube)
8) Wick hole: Isolated with a Ceramic Insulator​

ngomqc.jpg

28jutjo.jpg

3. Size & Capacity:
1) Width: 16mm
2) Length: 14500 mode = 118mm; 14650 mode = 133mm (+/- 1mm)
3) Tank Capacity: 2.5ml​

9kbaxl.jpg

5l87wl.jpg

oqbo5d.jpg

4. Construction Materials:
1) Body: 316Ti Stainless Steel
2) Tank: PMMA (high resistant to corrosion, permeation, microbial stress and impact)
3) Mouthpiece: Acetal Resin (DuPont Delrin)
4) Wick hole Insulator: AIO3 Ceramic
5) Screws & Nuts: Stainless steel A4 and A2
6) POS Plate: ASTM B370 Copper
7) Switch Screw: Marine Brass​

a8184.jpg

2j4emb7.jpg

5. Build quality:
The Vaper V4, besides utilizing top notch materials, is also built well. The genius of Petar K design aside - the machining, milling and workmanship of this device is an exemplary feat! Every part of it feels right in place and mate with each other perfectly. It is fine threaded (obviously due to it’s minuscule width) but coupling one to another isn’t an issue. Tho we need to take extra care - so as not to ding any of the tube sections - b’coz the slightest of dents could throw off the tolerances.

9852tz.jpg

As such, be extra cautious not to drop the top cap or the extension tube section on the floor. Ah, I did! And had to resort to fine tuning the top cap to minutely remove the deformation and bring it back to specs again. Not a deal breaker - but a precaution.

hwe48w.jpg

B. ERGONOMICS

Hmm, today there are 30mm and larger dia mods out there (the 26650 battery types) - but obviously there’s also a market for slim devices (the 16-17mm types). This is one form factor that typically appeals to a more professional environment, say while you are in a business meet or in a wedding or partying out or on a hike. Especially if you are not amongst a vaping crowd!

5197xu.jpg

Vaper V4 14500 mode, with all my 14500 mods

316ki74.jpg

Vaper V4 14650 mode, with all my 14500 mods

2gws41d.jpg

In such scenarios a 18xxx mod might be too obvious and attract unnecessary attention. And I’d believe a 26650 mod is best for leaving / relaxing at home! The reason why mods like the GP-Piccolo, JM16, Gus-G16, Nemi Nemesis and the like are available. Similarly their counterpart toppers like the GP-Spheroid, Gus-Aiolos-T/D, Kayfun-Mini, Taigun-GS, GG-Penelope v3 etc. The Vaper V4 positions itself in that coterie ~ an inconspicuous device but capable of immense vaping pleasure. And all in a slim, sleek complete package. Heck, it also probably is the smallest in its class!

30cwv82.jpg

My smallest 14500 till now was the Ba Gua!

At hand the Vaper V4 feels extremely small. Very akin to a Cigar! And b’coz the way it is constructed & finished - it looks pretty classy! The four-tone attire (Satin body, Polished Tank in the mid section, a Black Driptip atop and again Polished Switch with a hint of Brass jutting out from the bottom) actually makes it very elegant and to flaunt around. The reason why I had been carrying it around everywhere since the past few weeks, from work to friends’, to a vape meet, and even on grocery errands!

2usxsie.jpg

34y47co.jpg

C. OPERATIONS

The package arrives fully ready to vape. Yes, Petar K ensures that The Vaper V4 is ultrasonic cleaned before being packaged and thus it comes without any burrs, grime, machine oils or whatever. He also sends it to us “pre-coiled and wicked” ~ there’s a typical 28g kanthal coil wrapped around a 400 mesh wick straight out of the box. All you need to do is add some of your fav juice. I did just that ~ and haven’t replaced the coil & wick yet!

30my4vm.jpg

As the package arrives

1. Rebuild & Setup:
This is a rebuildable atty. A genny to be precise. Thus when you like to rebuild it - you just prepare a mesh wick, coil a few wraps of kanthal around it, drop it into the wick hole and pulse it. Alternatively you may like to use the Petar K method of attaching the coil first (a micro coil also suits it, I have that in my IQ Hybrid) and then inserting a wick into it. Eitherway these gennys work fine.

2gvkht0.jpg

k1e4o6.jpg

Closing the Circuit and Pulsing

Note: You use the top cap to connect the POS Screw of the deck and the body to complete the circuitry while pressing the switch.

2. Filling the Tank:

211qogo.jpg

2ljrk1h.jpg

308fsr5.jpg

2mq3q76.jpg

3. Airflow Control:
There are two air holes, on either side of the base (below the deck). You basically twist the top cap to open or close these air holes. Anything from 0.5mm to 1.5mm on each side could be opened up. Thus a total of 3mm air intake could be achieved with The Vaper V4! And I sure am able to lung inhale when the airflow is fully open.

2cyi0yr.jpg

The all important "Negative Screw" on the deck

339h7kp.jpg

9tpkd2.jpg

Airway completely "Opened"

14mx9gl.jpg

Airway completely "Closed"

Screwing / unscrewing the Deck’s Neg Pole Screw - then tightening or loosening the top cap to make it’s insides contact with it completes the circuit. However, this negative screw, in its fully unscrewed position, still makes the top cap block the air hole marginally (when the top cap is fully tightened). Thus the full potential of 3mm air intake couldn’t be achieved, at least not in my unit.

4. Switch and POS Terminal:
The switch has an O-ring loosely placed in its cavity, on which the battery sits (negative plate first). And there’s just about right tolerance between them to make contact when the button is pressed.

2z68ryb.jpg

The bottom of the tank section carries a Copper Plate in ‘L shape’, which contacts the top Pos pin of the battery (as such nipple top batteries are preferred with this mod). This same L shaped copper post is also used to negate battery rattles. Just pull open it a bit (or compress it) based on the size of your battery. An additional O-ring (a few are placed in the spares bag by the modder) can also do the trick. But I found tweaking of the top copper plate to be more effective. Thankfully our AW and Efest IMRs work just fine here.

5) Locking Mechanism:
The switch is not lockable (sigh!), but the device can yet be ‘set’ to not accidentally fire. Since the neg screw on the deck makes contact with the top cap - all we need to do is to (a)Either loosen the cap a bit, or (b)Tighten the screw down (on the neg post) to it’s max. Note: Just one turn of the top cap is good enough. The same could also be done by turning the body tube by one turn.

288w0lf.jpg

D. PERFORMANCE

For its size The Vaper V4 actually vapes very well. It is no fogger and it’s neither intended to be one. But the VTF is adequate and nearly at par with a Kayfun Lite atop a quality 22mm mod. As with any quality genny, the flavour is supreme with The Vaper V4. And surprisingly TH is astounding too! I get serious nic rush with The Vaper V4 while using the same nic level vis-a-vis my other attys.

2d7c8sl.jpg

dnen85.jpg

1) Juice Capacity and Battery Life:
It holds approximately 2.5ml of juice - and tho it might not last long for a heavy vaper or while chain vaping (it is not intended for that way too) - for a regular vape scenario and while out of home - I find a tank fill easily lasts a work day, ymmv.

m83gn6.jpg

Ditto for the battery life. In 14650 mod, with a 1.2Ω-1.5Ω coil (the best resistance to use on 14xxx mods) I found The Vaper V4 easily makes thru one full work day (8-hrs.) and two batteries (14650s) makes you reach home with some juice to spare. Its another matter that I find my Trustfire 14650 to be ‘more than adequate’ for one full outdoor day. That is a 1600mAh battery! And there’s absolutely no issues using it on this mech mod.

25g9qah.jpg

2) The Mouthpiece:
Here’s the most noticeable difference between The Vaper V4 and it’s previous versions. The earlier iterations, till V3, were semi-auto firers. Meaning, they had a tactile switch grooved into the mouthpiece which we had to press by our lips to activate the device. Not anymore. The Vaper V4 is a bottom firer, akin to most of our mechanical mods. And it's a nice sweet change too!

1zlymuw.jpg

This is not a 510 drip tip, it is screwed but it is removable. Made of DuPont Delrin - and at near 4mm it is a wide bore mouthpiece, thus a perfect companion to The Vaper V4. Feels extremely comfortable between the lips and b’coz of it’s internal design it seems to offer a rifling effect to the vaper. Thus the vape experience gets very satisfying.

2egd85e.jpg

E. PROS & CONS

We are onto a 14xxx mod here, thus sub-Ohming, reduced battery life or low juice capacity is obviously not a consideration. For 'it is what it is’ The Vaper V4 is one rock solid device. Not without it’s follies tho ~ but a very pleasant device to carry along nonetheless.

happy-020.gif
PROS: (1)Smallest 14xxx mod currently. (2)Very sophisticated built, looks beautiful. (3)Ability to use 14650 battery, thus longer life. (4)Doesn’t leak, even while placing it horizontally on the table for longer durations. (5)Wide selection of AFC, I could easily lung inhale in its fully open position. (6)Sufficient tank capacity. (7)Windows to ‘see’ your juice level. (8)Lockable. (9)Top quality materials used. (10)Awesome flavour and TH.

sad-055.gif
CONS: (1)Thin gauge of steel (but it is the same with all 14xxx mods, so not a con particularly to The Vaper V4). (2)No dedicated lock ring. It’d’ve been nice to be able to just 'flick a ring’ and lock it. (3)PMMA tank. Tho very strong in its own right but it is not ‘pyrex’, thus tank crackers will act up on it. (4)*The negative post screw could’ve been tad longer - so that we could get the air holes fully opened and achieve a 3mm air intake. I could get max 2.8mm airway (1.4mm each) in my unit.
*Addendum inserted below

10ojxc5.jpg

F. CONCLUSION

The Vaper V4 is an attractive piece of equipment. It’s an epitome of 14xxx hybrid design - a very affable device, which also performs astoundingly. As a genesis atty this surpasses the vape quality of many of its kind. On VTF it is at par with many hi-end RBAs / RTAs. As a 14xxx device it is one of the best, for two reasons. One, the ability to use longer batteries in that form factor (14650). And two, it is the best looking combination of mod & atty, which is also the smallest. Design, construction. materials and ergonomics are at its best here ~ The Vaper V4 oozes quality in every aspect ~ and it shines in its performance and looks. Pocket it ~ Go for it!

Thank you Petar K for this grand finale of The Vaper!

—————————————————————
Price: (a)Polished Version = $180; Satin Version = $190
Where: (a)www.vaporwall.com/petar-k or (b)www.facebook.com/petar.k
—————————————————————

*ADDENDUM: I have been corrected by the modder (and found it in my spares bag too) that there is another hex nut which could be added to the Neg Post of the deck. This will make it 1.5mm longer and thus the top cap will stop well above the air holes, making them fully open. Thus, my con #4 stands obliterated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Racehorse

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Very nice Q. How pocket friendly leak proof is it?

I've tried it any which way I can ~ and couldn't make it to leak on me Sedge :)

If you notice -the air holes are under the deck, not on the top cap as is usual with any genny. The airway tubes are further sealed when they emerge on the deck ~ and voila!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
That is a very nice and thoughtful pictorial review..
I really got the feel of this review as i opened my package and held my Vaper V4.
Now off to build it and enjoy.

Thanks qorax for making this review...no-one I know could do it better..

Thanks for your appreciative words Sir :)

doghouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I've been looking for a 14500/650 and this looks great. Only issue is SS mesh scares me with the whole chromium thing. I'm not sure what the ultimate conclusion was from that thread but I've been using microcoils and cotton in everything for over a year now. Any chance anyone's set this up with cotton yet because in my previous experience with genesis RBAs, they don't work well with cotton. Thanks in advance for your input.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I've been looking for a 14500/650 and this looks great. Only issue is SS mesh scares me with the whole chromium thing. I'm not sure what the ultimate conclusion was from that thread but I've been using microcoils and cotton in everything for over a year now. Any chance anyone's set this up with cotton yet because in my previous experience with genesis RBAs, they don't work well with cotton. Thanks in advance for your input.

Not The Vapers per se but many have built their gennys successfully with cotton (or whatever other than mesh). So yes, The Vaper V4 can be too.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
qorax, excellent review!!! I would like to report that I have used mine everyday since I got it back in July. It has been a little workhorse for me and I even took it on a trip to San Diego and then via a ship to Hawaii. It has done wonderfully. I would say only issue I have had is the occasional stuck button, which is easily resolved from a cleaning. So I make it a point to clean my switch area weekly now. Also, I have been abusive to my V4, dropping it into pockets with keys and change, and I have gotten some light scratching in the finish. The finish scratches are just that - in the matte finish, not into the mod itself, so am confident I could polish them out. I have had no leaking, only a little seepage between the mouth piece and top cap, I eliminated that with a ver small o-ring and now have absolutely NO leaking unless I flood my chamber on purpose or by accident. I pocket carry it a lot with confidence.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
qorax, excellent review!!! I would like to report that I have used mine everyday since I got it back in July. It has been a little workhorse for me and I even took it on a trip to San Diego and then via a ship to Hawaii. It has done wonderfully. I would say only issue I have had is the occasional stuck button, which is easily resolved from a cleaning. So I make it a point to clean my switch area weekly now. Also, I have been abusive to my V4, dropping it into pockets with keys and change, and I have gotten some light scratching in the finish. The finish scratches are just that - in the matte finish, not into the mod itself, so am confident I could polish them out. I have had no leaking, only a little seepage between the mouth piece and top cap, I eliminated that with a ver small o-ring and now have absolutely NO leaking unless I flood my chamber on purpose or by accident. I pocket carry it a lot with confidence.

Thank you for the appreciation Brian :) And good to know the update/s! Yes, this is an amazing device ~ I've been rocking it everyday since I received it ~ and it is the only one now which goes out with me.

I am immensely enjoying my Vaper V4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread