Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I've been smoking the Prodigy with a DSE801 Atty and haven't been satisfied. So I investigated on the forum and found that there were two types of Attys for the Dse801. Low bridge and high bridge.

Basically the Idiot manufacturers brought in the High bridge Atty which protrudes deeply into the cartridge but they didn't re-design cartridges to fit it. The High bridge compresses the foam at least 1/3 of the way in. Result lousy wicking.

Based on the reports on this forum I went out and bought a joye302 low bridge atty from MyVaporStore.com. The difference in smoking in my Prodigy was night and day.

High Bridge atty took maybe 3-4 drops liquid pooling on top. Low bridge atty 11 drops!!! Wicking is fantastic. Smoke went from very harsh to mellow. For some reason the High bridge burnt the foam the low bridge doesn't

By the way I also have a package of BE-112 low bridge attys coming in from Bestecig.com which is highly rated on the forum.

I just wanted to emphasize that if you have a high voltage machine using a DSE801 High Bridge Atty you are not getting the complete experience.

One warning I just tried the 302 tonight, I don't have a track record on durability or how long it will last. I did find that it was easier flood than the high bridge.

nctrnl

Sep 8, 2009
I've got a high bridge 801 , purchased from Rocky Mountain vapor. I've been having trouble getting it to wickand the fill does get pushed down. A guy at work got a low bridge 801 atomizer with his janty stick, and his is using carts from top to bottom where i have to pull mine out my carts after about 3-5 inhales and redo the stuffing and get the liquid back to the top, with i would have known before i purchased mine. Anyway you are definitly right from what i've seen in comparison between my high bridge and my buddies low bridge, I just wonder what modifications need to be done to carts to make it work. I've tried the pulled out spring, going to try to restuff the cartridge see if i can keep it form going in with making the draw to hard. I'm reading for hours a day trying to find the tricks, maybe soon one will work, if anyone has anyideas for the high bridge, let me know, I'm open to suggestions

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
The straw modification really helps an 801 (regardless of which atomizer model) since it is such a large cartridge.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/11421-cart-mod-better-refilling.html#post176708

Also use a small (1/2 oz) squeeze bulb glass dropper/glass bottle for my liquids, and using the glass tip to force liquid down into the poly filling and suck back up any over filling will really help keep it from flooding and keep you from getting liquid into your mouth. Dropping in liquid on top of the polyfiber from a plastic dropper bottle is too hard to control and usually results in overfilling.
Clear Boston Round Glass Bottle 1/2 oz w/ Dropper - 1/2oz DROPPER

darkmatter22

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
in the MEDIUm
www.liquimatter.com
i just bought 50 prefilled carts for 20$ from vaporoptions.com there trying to eliminate all there stock and 5 prefilled carts are only .95$. I KNOW! great deal and because it is a massive cart. you really 2 times as much eliquid and vaping fro your money. 50 carts prefilled thats 20-30 ml of eliquid for 20$ and there prefilled just carry one extra cart on you at all times and your set to go.

CentroniX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Austin, TX
Take a deep breath, it's going to be okay!!

The next time you restuff your carts, cut the filler a little shorter to give the bridge some room without it tightly compressing the filler. Personally, I find high bridge atomizers to wick better and produce more vapor than my low bridge atomizers, as there is more surface area on the bridge which allows a lot more wicking to take place, thus keeping the atomizer coil more moist.

Remember, this is not as simple as opening a pack and lighting a cigarette. Equipment will vary and you'll have to find what works best for your equipment. Just because you have 801 carts and 801 atomizers from two different vendors doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be 100% plug and play.

Good luck!

Mikie Likes It

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I find that the DSE801 low or high bridge attys only work good when using 6 volts. At 5 volts I use the BE112 atty.

The DSE801 at 6 volts gets a more thick tasty vapor. It gets hotter and it seems like I have to wait a long time between drags.

The BE112 at 5 volts gives a more consistent vape, good amount of vapor, flavor and throat hit. My batteries in my Prodigy last twice as long with the Be112 attys, its like night and day. The only down fall is the vapor is not as thick. The BE112s also have a better cool down. If overheated I only have to wait maybe 30 seconds to cool down before next drag.

I have yet to try the 302's, but will give them a try based on your suggestion.

Are you using 5 or 6 volts?

Last edited:

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
i just bought 50 prefilled carts for 20$ from vaporoptions.com there trying to eliminate all there stock and 5 prefilled carts are only .95$. I KNOW! great deal and because it is a massive cart. you really 2 times as much eliquid and vaping fro your money. 50 carts prefilled thats 20-30 ml of eliquid for 20$ and there prefilled just carry one extra cart on you at all times and your set to go.

I like carts. *bookmark*

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Just received the bestecig be112 atomizer and it's very interesting. It is not at all like the Joye 302 that is a pure arc.

The Be112 looks like a miniature high bridge but it does not deeply penetrate the foam like the High Bridge Atty.
Time will tell which is the best but so far I like the Joye302 better. So far I've only used the BE-112 with the BestEcig brand cart but soon I'll try it with my regular Carts and compare the wicking.

So far it doesn't wick as well as the Joye302 but again I haven't compared on the same carts.

Last edited:

Island Refugee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Hawaii and Michigan
I recently got some new 801 atts. In my JS, I noticed it was not producing vapor right and was sputtering, etc. Got to looking closer and realized it was the new atomizer, and it had the high bridge. Used it for several days with no improvement. Put one of the older low bridge ones back in, and now it's fine. I don't see the high bridge atts. as an improvment. I wrote to the merchant where I bought them, and he said that is the way they all are, and to buy them elsewhere if I didn't like them......You can bet I will.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I have a DSE 801 pen style. For the most part I love it, but it leaks a lot. Do you know why that would be? It's, of course, a high bridge.

If you are using a high bridge atty than you are using the DSE801 almost like dripping. You fill the cart and it pools on the top, the deepness of the atty displaces the juice and you have the juice leaking.

The low bridge Atty doesn't have the juice overflow problems.

Angelz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2009
Michigan
If you are using a high bridge atty than you are using the DSE801 almost like dripping. You fill the cart and it pools on the top, the deepness of the atty displaces the juice and you have the juice leaking.

The low bridge Atty doesn't have the juice overflow problems.

Oh, I see. Thank you, I'll definitely keep that in mind when filling. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread