Tornado Tank - First Impressions - USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Just received my ego tank system and I have been using it for the last hour. I've been vaping for 2 months now on a ego 650mah usb p/t with boge 510 lr carto's.
The tank system was very easy to set-up and start vaping(I did blow thru the mouthpiece and quite a bit of primer came out). The taste and vapor have been decent, but the vapor has been down a little compared to my 510 lr carto's and actually feels cool when it hits my tongue. TH has suffered some also.
This is my first foray into direct drip atomizers, so I don't know if it takes time for it to break in; maybe someone can advise me on this?
Overall the concept of the tank system is incredible and offers real convenience for the vapor. I'll withold judgement on the tank system until I have used it for a few days.
I'd really be interested in hearing from someone who has used this system on something with a higher voltage pv than my 3.2v ego.
By the way I was using Halo Torque 56 and BWB 555 24mg nic.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
I ran it at 5.15V (actual) for about 10 hits on my P18-6V! I used an Ego Battery extender to get the atty connection extended out of the cone. It worked really well, wicking kept up to me, but it did take a little too much air in since all 4 air notches at the atty are in play, instead of being restricted by the cone, which cuts the air down to only 2 notches. But still very acceptable. Now we need Joye to adapt the T to the full 510 atty line, LR, HV, standard and so on. I like dripping and cartos on my mods right now, but I'd put a 510 tank on all my mods.

Last edited:

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
I've been using TW's atty's and tanks on my Riva for the past 2 days, and I really like the way it's been working! No leaks and great vapor, easy to swap tanks and not really that tough to fill them.

I did screw up though. I ruined an atty already because I thought the plastic from the tank had stuck to it when I changed tanks. The hits had dropped way off. I ended up pulling out the wick/bridge. :facepalm: It turned out it just didn't like that juice, because the 2nd atty worked just fine with the first flavor I'd tried.

I found out today that Good Prophets has the Joye tanks and attys in stock, and at a better price than TW, so I ordered a couple more atty's.

I can totally see this setup being my "away from home" vaping choice! I just have to remember that the wick/bridge on these are a bit more delicate, and not to mess with them! :blush:

Sue

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Its not that great. From what I have experienced the atomizers are not the good. I ordered 3, and 1 totally failed. 2 are putting out vapor with a burnt taste.

Did you clear all the primer out of the atty's? They seem to have a lot more than regular ones. And I also found out you have to turn the tanks a bit, to line up the flatter edges inside the atty, then push down rather firmly until the mouthpiece is tight against the cone. The last one I put on actually made a "pop" when it was seated right.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
My biggest question is----does it gurgle??? I got excited about the Ego mega atty and quickly laid it to rest because of leakage and gurgling. The atty on the tank system looks like the Ego mega attys. I just can't handle that noise. This system appears to be a "eureka" for drippers as well as those of us who loved the mega cartos for what they COULD be but unfortunately, were NOT.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
I have been using my TAWA tank atty for 3 days now and it does give good vapor but the taste is not as pronounced as dripping or a carto. Plus, it goes thru the juice faster. I am one who likes both clouds and taste so I feel kinda let down. If I get a slight burnt taste I give it a draw without hitting the button on the ego and then fire away and it is fine again.

I am dripping on a 510 atty right now. But it is a good take out atty for when I am out and about. I just fill 3 tanks and go. No worries about running out.

OK I have been using this tank system since Saturday and I am not impressed with flavor or vapor, I will stick to the GLV 2 for dripping, or the REO for fed mods. Man I am sorry I plunked down the cash for this....oh well, bought it more for the review and to check it out (it's new). Should have spent money on a provari or something.

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
make sure the mouthpiece snaps all the way down. If its a clear cartridge the little seam line should be even with the top of the cone atomizer and if its a black tip mouthpiece the black edge will be flush with the cone and no clear part of the cartridge will show. When these tanks are brand new and you insert them you here a slight click as the needle pierces the tank,but this is not all the way on. Some have reported leaks and even though there will be some condensation there should not be any leaking of the tank..

LanceH

Dec 14, 2010
United States
I used mine through 5/6 full tanks and never did get much flavor until I used a nettle and put a few drops in through the battery side. Now it has much more flavor than before. It is not quite as much as my eGo mega cart, but pretty good now. Be very careful putting it in with a nettle that way. I am not sure what you may break. I just eased mine in with out any pressure and put a few drops in. Kinda flooded the tank and made a small mess the first time (put to much in) but it greatly increased the taste.
good luck all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread