jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
901 Atomizer First Impressions
From a former 510 Dripper

As of late, I've been most exclusively vaping boge 510 cartomizers. The reason - cost. I used to exclusively drip 510, and then joye eGo mega type B atties, and then low res boge carto's on an eGo, and then boge 3.0ohm cartos on a Provari. Boge 510 cartos are good and all, the best flavor and most consistency out of any carto's I've tried. But I was still missing the flavor and sort of "wetness" in the vapor you get from dripping.

I've bought many many 510 atties, I don't know if they were garbage or not but I would go through them like crazy and there was always inconsistency - even on genuine joye 510 atties. Either too leaky, didn't wick well, didn't last or just flat out DOA.

I understand that there may be great 510 atomizers out there but- I just haven't one as of yet. If you've found a great 510 or any other atty you can reccommend, please do!

So now I'm on my search for the awesome atomizer to drip with again. For those 510 users curious about 901's, here is what I have found on the ones I got from a local supplier (eliquidplanet).

This is the setup I'm currently using, 901 3.2 ohm atomizer on a provari using a 510-901 adapter with a vapemate vaping Switchblade from FSUSA:

vari901.jpg

Now, this 901 (idk about all?) has an airhole towards the bottom on the side. I've noticed that overfeeding with the vapemate (I'm still new with it) juice comes right out the side airhole. Which, to me, is a lot better than coming out the bottom battery connector. You see it come out the side and wipe it off with a napkin - no big deal. Here's a pic:

901air.jpg

I've even taken the adapter off and intentionally flooded the atty and absolutely nothing came out the battery connector - just the airhole. Took this out to the bar with me last night without the vapemate and had absolutely NO leaking direct dripping 2-3 drops at a time.

As for airflow, it is a stiffer draw than most 510 atties yet not as stiff as the eGo mega type B. It's good if you like drawing into your mouth first then inhaling, more like smoking a cigar in a way rather than straight inhaling like you're just trying to get your fix.

Flavor so far is great. I'm vaping this bad boy at 5 volts. At 3.7 volts it still has great flavor and decent vapor. I have yet to try a low res on my 3.7 volt devices, but will definitely in the near future.

VAPOR is phenomenal. Very thick vapor and great production at 5 volts. Decent at 3.7 volts on the provari, better than other atties at the same resistance.

Here's a pic of the inside:

901inside.jpg

It pretty much looks like a 510 with the atomizer bridge, but has a metal ring around it whereas a 510 the bridge takes up almost the whole diameter of the atty. I won't be sure til it dies and I can take it apart, but I can only speculate that this metal ring traps heat and juice under it bringing out more flavor.

Overall, coming back to dripping I am very satisfied with this atty being on my 2nd day with it. I will update as I go along and let you guys know how it pans out. I recently ordered some 801's from healthcabin and am very curious how those are in comparison. Curious to see other people's input or suggestions on trouble-free good vapor production atties you use for dripping. :vapor:

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I used 510's exclusively for close to a year. I ordered a couple of 901 LR's and an adapter to use @ 3.7v just to see what they were like in comparison. That was a few months ago. I've been stuck on 901's ever since. They give a slightly warmer vape, hold a bit more juice when dripping, and flavor is much more pronounced. After vaping the first two for a while I ordered a bulk pack from Vapor Kings, you sure can't beat the price. I used a 510 again somewhere along the line and was quite disappointed so I've been on the 901's and that's what I'll keep using. Too bad I still have around 20 510's in my stockpile.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I agree, carto's suk. I use them only if I have no way of dripping. I bought a pack of dual coils a couple of months ago because I'll be driving a lot this fall. I haven't even opened one, that's how excited I am about carto's.

As far as how 510 became the standard, I don't know if the industry established it or whether the consumers did through product demand. Either way I guess I'm part of the fringe element that has resisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread