Opinions on Saber Touch New Sensor Style!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
Hey Guys...
Been throwing around some ideas about a
New Sensor Style for
The Saber Touch.

Here is what I came up with!

NewSensorwebsmallNickel_zps063074d7.jpg

It a 1/2" Insulator with 7/16" 22ga. Metal Disk,
Either in Nickel Silver (not plated) or Brass.

I haven't put them on my site yet... just wanted opinions right now.
Please let me know what you think.

I will be coming out with a Video soon to show it off.

If you Can't activate this Saber, you don't have a pulse! :D (Kidding!)

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
I like it!
Wish the website was a little better.

So because your sabors use a high amp switch, they can fire super low ohm right?

Been looking/ wanting one for awhile

You can pretty much run anything on top of the Sabers. The 3.7v/6v, Mini, Midi, & Kick versions can handle up to 24 amps! The regulated models, VV, Max VV, and 5v Regulated, with the HP Option on it can handle anything up to 5amps! More than anyone could ever need. It is then up to you as to what batteries to use. The ones that put out the most amps are the newest, IMR type batteries.
But, on any mod, if you start getting into the really low ohms, like under 1, just be careful over very quick overheating, and burning the atties out.

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
Hmmm... Only a couple of opinions?

I love getting new toys... like the disk cutter I got to make these. It's been fun, so far!

And guys, remember, I make EVERYTHING here in my shop. From the inside battery connectors, to the rubber insulator for the Sensor. Ever cut out the disk that holds the battery spring in on the base cap! I could send everything out to have made, but then I would not have my full control over it.

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
You can pretty much run anything on top of the Sabers. The 3.7v/6v, Mini, Midi, & Kick versions can handle up to 24 amps! The regulated models, VV, Max VV, and 5v Regulated, with the HP Option on it can handle anything up to 5amps! More than anyone could ever need. It is then up to you as to what batteries to use. The ones that put out the most amps are the newest, IMR type batteries.
But, on any mod, if you start getting into the really low ohms, like under 1, just be careful over very quick overheating, and burning the atties out.

Thank you, yes i know about the issues that could happen, I do it safe(ish)
But since those low ohm, id rather just buy things that CAN fire everything, rather then not.

Gotta figure out what i want, maybe win something tonight ;) - Then ORDER ! :D

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
  • Deleted by Sir_Lawrence
  • Reason: posted twice!

Kropotkin

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Maine
It just occurred to me that the new sensor would be perfect for people like my partner, who's a blacksmith with incredibly tough and calloused mitts.

Being a metalworker, he's always admired my Sabers' craftsmanship, but isn't able to fire them very well, which has really wrecked my not-so-subtle campaign to get him to quit smoking cigarettes. He's never showed the slightest interest in my old cigalikes or eGos or anything like that - too flimsy and fiddly, and he doesn't like push buttons - but a Saber with a big sensor . . . hhhmmmm. It just might work!

:)

You're a genius, Sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread