ok, picked up a tube of Noalox, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heateris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
SEPA
I plan on completely disassembling my Legacy for a good cleaning. Where do i apply the Noalox? The threads on both ends of the tube? On the threads of the top and bottom contact screws? I also read to apply it to the hex shaft on the switch. Does that mean the outside of the shaft? Like the part I can see from the side when the switch is unlocked?

thanks everyone.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I apply it to the top cap and bottom cap threads and the threads of the bottom contact screw. I apply it sparingly to the hex shaft (disassemble and apply it to the shaft), but it does need to be cleaned off and reapplied every so often or it gets gummy and I don’t care for how it affects the switch action. I also apply it on the threads for the extension tube.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Cleaning makes a huge difference in performance – voltage drop under load can markedly decline when the Legacy (or any mech) is nice and clean and Noalox’d (or Ox-Gard -- I'm using that more than Noalox these days). Plus, as you noted, it just feels better in action!

Don’t forget about cleaning the contacts as well – q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol.

As to the battery lasting longer, it may be due to the fact that with better conductivity, you're not noticing the voltage drop-off as soon as you did pre-cleaning. With a clean Legacy, I can get a decent (not great but decent) vape with a charge as low as 3.4v. With a dirty Legacy, I feel the need to swap out the battery once it gets below 3.8v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread