How to clean contacts, batteries, cut feed tube & adjust 501 connector - New Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
In this brand spankin new video, I start with the feed tube inverted V then move right into:
1. cleaning the positive contact and under the spring.
2. applying noalox under the spring.
3. applying deoxit gold to the positive contact and top of the spring.
4. cleaning battery terminals.
5. applying deoxit gold to the battery terminals.
adjusting the reverse threaded 510 connector so the airholes on your atomizer are exactly where you want them and they won't move after you set it.

direct youtube link: https://youtu.be/u9uuD46nmZI

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
good one X. A lot of problems can be avoided by proper maintenance

Thank you. You are correct. I never ever have misfiring issues.

Well done Russ - very helpful. Now I'm ready whenever I send mine in for the new 510.

Thank you Rob. Yes you need that new connector bro. :)

Great vid my friend thanks for making the video :)

Thank you Rob. It is a pleasure to make vids around your killer mods bro. I also ordered me a bottle of that deoxit from your link. I think I will prefer to brush on rather than that pen :)

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Great job Russ. I did the filing to bare metal for the Spring as well. I used Deoxit Shield (blue) instead of the Noalox...or even Gold. Fires like a canon! May try the Noalox when I do the next cleaning. Not sure I want to mess with the greasy mess though.

Very helpful video... especially for new Reonauts entering Reoville. :)

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Great video! Thanks! Can you sand down all the finishes under the screw. I have two of the sparkly metallics. I know you said fine grit, but do you know about what size grit?

ETA: also, why do you use the noalox under the spring instead of some deoxit gold?

Thank you Deb :) I used a micro file actually. A very fine file but have no idea what abrasiveness it was. It was the finest one in the set.

I use the noalox there to fill in the barely perceptible imperfections in the filed surface :)

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Great video Super X! Thank you!

Must do some research on this "reverse threaded 510 connection" thingy. Something new? Perhaps I have one. A little tired, will check tomorrow. Might anyone know when these came out. Might help me sort that out.

Thank you :) The new SS 510s came out about 2 months ago. Shortly thereafter, Rob retrofit them with reverse threading. That meant if you had the original SS 510 you sent your mod back in and Rob replaced them no charge.

From that point forward all new LP REOs came with it. I'm not sure if regular (non LP) ones do though. Here's a comparison pic:

New on left:
00c6ae8d26cabab4aa0acef82a48ec63.jpg

Inside: new on left:
d2d07d5ef7c51dbd8a970e27db433b45.jpg

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Great job Russ. I did the filing to bare metal for the Spring as well. I used Deoxit Shield (blue) instead of the Noalox...or even Gold. Fires like a canon! May try the Noalox when I do the next cleaning. Not sure I want to mess with the greasy mess though.

Very helpful video... especially for new Reonauts entering Reoville. :)

Thank you bro.

I may have to look into that blue. This is a rough surface - I'll check and see if it looks suitable. If so I'm all over it. I freakin hate noalox :)

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Thanks Russ for the comparison of the new and improved510 with reverse threading. I have the new 510 but not the reverse threaded one on my mini and the original on my Woodvile. Have been eyeing those new Resin mods though. Will check to see if they come with the reverse threads. Might HAVE to get one then!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Thanks Russ for the comparison of the new and improved510 with reverse threading. I have the new 510 but not the reverse threaded one on my mini and the original on my Woodvile. Have been eyeing those new Resin mods though. Will check to see if they come with the reverse threads. Might HAVE to get one then!

Yep the resin will have the new reverse threads

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thank you Deb :) I used a micro file actually. A very fine file but have no idea what abrasiveness it was. It was the finest one in the set.

I use the noalox there to fill in the barely perceptible imperfections in the filed surface :)

kewl. Ok.....for some reason I was thinking sand paper. A file would make it much easier. Although it might break my heart a lil bit. Miss Scarlett and Beauregard are sooooo purdy and sparkly! hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread