OK Guys, I really need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Long story short. Both my hubby and I have given up analogs but hubby is having some problems. I am thinking that maybe it is the fiber in the cartomizers. He is having trouble with shortness of breath. I am afraid if I don't help him he will go back. I too have been having a bit of a problem with it too but don't tell him.

I want to try some kind of tank that will work with no filler. Is their such a thing? It will have to be something that has no history of leaking problems. I know if the one I get him leaks he will get more discouraged.

We are using box mods with 18650 3000 mah batteries so we have the power to use LR cartos or tanks. We have the 510 threading. I am totally lost as to what is the very best option.

Please keep it as simple as possible as to where and what I need to get for him.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Try some 18 or 12mg juice. It could just be a nic overload. Might also try a VG e-liquid if you think it's a reaction to PG.
    If you think it's a reaction to the filler in the carto, try direct dripping on an atomizer. If that solves the problem get a bottom feeder like the REO.

CE2 type cartos are the last thing you want to try if frustration is already a problem.
    They are a great hit when they are right, but they are a major PITA.

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Try some 18 or 12mg juice. It could just be a nic overload. Might also try a VG e-liquid if you think it's a reaction to PG.
    If you think it's a reaction to the filler in the carto, try direct dripping on an atomizer. If that solves the problem get a bottom feeder like the REO.

He started with 24-way to much. Tried 18-still to much. Went down to 11-too light. He is now at 16 and it seems about right. I thought it might be the PG so got Vg at 16 and the problem still persists. Have tried diff. % of PG/VG.

Thanks for the response.

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Try clearomizers or fluximizers- look at the stuff at gotvapes.com, they have alot of fillerless choices. Good luck- allergies to anything is hard to deal with. But, also consider the nic level, like tj said.

Thanks. I haven't checked there yet but will. I just get so confused when I start looking. I was looking at a tank unit at madvapes but I think it has filler in it. I really think that is the problem since I have tried just about everything else I can think of.

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I know a few people that have been using the CE2R4 cartos with tanks with great success. That would get rid of the filler and also would give you more of the taste of using an atomizer.

Where would I go to get something like this. I have been to so many of my bookmarked suppliers (and I have a bunch of them) and I have just gotten more confused. thank you for taking the time to help me.

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    CE2 type cartos are the last thing you want to try if frustration is already a problem.
    They are a great hit when they are right, but they are a major PITA.

Thank you so much for adding this. I definately don't want something that will cause more problems.

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    You could try these
    RIVA-T TANK - $4.99 : Cropduster901!, Home of the B-52

There was a long time member here that had the same issue as your husband and couldn't use cartos either.

Thank you swedishfish. I was looking at that this morning. Will it fit our 510 threading or would I have to get some kind of adapter? that is one of the main troubles I am having with finding what I need. We are on a fixed income so I can't just order and hope I have everything I need to get it to work. I hate to have to pay shipping charges for each little item which is what I have to do if I don't order everything I need at the same time.

I know I seem to be knit-picking but I am afraid if I don't do this right he will go back to his smokes.

Vchick

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2010
    NE Ohio
    SF the Riva t-tank will only work on a riva/ego, echo style battery.

It doesn't attach like a normal carto/atty, it has inner threads like the riva cone and only attaches on the outer threads of the battery, the center post is much smaller and won't attached like a normal carto does.
    View attachment 78359

Normal CE2 style cartos might work though, Good Prophets has some @ 9.99 + use the code "valentine" for 14% until Feb. 15th., hth!

http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=215&categoryId=72

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Thank you soooooo much Vchick. I keep seeing things like, it works on and echo,ego or whatnot but it would make it so much easier if all the suppliers would have photos of these things since I don't have and have never seen one of them. Some do and I thank them for it.

all you guys are great...

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    What about a 510-T? That's a fillerless tank system like the Ego-T, but fits on anything with a 510 connection.

Have you tried this one or know anyone that has? Have any idea as to where I could find it to check it out? Sorry to be such a pain. I have spent hours upon hours today trying to get all the info I can so I can make a choice as to what will be the best route to take. Thank you for taking the time to help me get something that will work well for him.

Vchick

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Sorry, just saw your post....I tried the t-tank, I didn't think it wicked very well, it uses a cartridge with a plug, if it doesn't seat correctly on the atomizer you will have problems. It is a 2-piece system, unlike the CE2 which is a cartomizer and only 1 piece.

Here's a good review/vid on 510 t tank style atties, how to fill etc, hth!
    REVIEW OF THE 510 TANK ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE - YouTube

Here's Scotts review on the CE2:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/igetcha69#p/u/101/d2Wzsxmyr7U
    (note a regular syringe tip won't bend up)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread