Really mad right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
So my hubby and my birthdays are very close to each other. I got $100 and decided I'm tired of the cigalike and ordered myself a eGo twist kit with kanger evod's plus an all metal vivi nova tank for my citrus flavors. He got super mad at me and was saying I should return the cigalike and get my money back and why did I bother buying it if I'm going to spend money on this other one. I am very upset. The thing is that I vaped in the past with the stupid carts and burned foam etc and just couldn't do it but now with all the better equipment I am excited to bring it up and enjoy vaping. He loves his cigalike and refuses to try anything else. Also he refuses to quit smoking too and I haven't smoked an analog in over 3 weeks. Am I wrong? It was my money and am going to use the cigalike for back up and short trips etc. I just don't get it. I have never discouraged him from spending his birthday money on what he wants. ...?:mad:

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
Trust me, he will come along, I think he's still kidding himself and trying to make you feel bad. He hasn't quit smoking yet and sees it as a threat. Once he changes his way of thinking and actually prefers the experience of vaping more than smoking, it's gonna click for him. Do whatever you need to stay off the analogs, he will appreciate the upgraded equipment once he takes the next step.

Good luck to you and yours!!!

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
Don't let it get to you, he will wish he got one when yours comes!

Exactly! I am already down to 12mg now because of the vaping and feel amazing, he just keeps smoking and smoking and then vapes in between. Even now with the cigalike I can tell vaping is WAY better then 4 years ago when I first tried it!

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
You said you spent some of YOUR money, to get something YOU like. Unless there is more to the story, do you really even need to ASK if you are wrong?

Is your hubby stressed out at work or something? Everything going okay between you guys?

Sorry, not trying to get too personal. Are you just ranting, or do you really want an opinion? If you really want an opinion, you have to explain a bit more I guess.

Are you guys on a budget?

There are two sides to every story. Maybe money is tight. Maybe he is stressed out, in general, or maybe he is stressed about SOMETHING else, and it is manifesting in this argument. Maybe there is friction between you two , for some reason?

If there is nothing else to the situation, and you are SURE you didn't leave anything out....and your husband is STRICTLY just upset about you spending YOUR money on something YOU want......that no, you aren't in the wrong. You should already know that though :)

Explain to him that you really want to try the ego twist and the evods. Explain to him that you heard really nice things about them. Explain to him that it is YOUR birthday money, and it will make YOU happy.

Man, I sure don't miss being involved with someone :) Sure, I get lonely some nights.....but the freedom is priceless :) You are married, take your chains the best you can , lol :)

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
Trust me, he will come along, I think he's still kidding himself and trying to make you feel bad. He hasn't quit smoking yet and sees it as a threat. Once he changes his way of thinking and actually prefers the experience of vaping more than smoking, it's gonna click for him. Do whatever you need to stay off the analogs, he will appreciate the upgraded equipment once he takes the next step.

Good luck to you and yours!!!

I think so too but I wish he would just relax. I told him he doesn't have to quit all together if he doesn't want to. He still gets up in arms. With the cigalike and my refillable cartos and my fave liquids from MBV I have saved a ton on not buying analogs. It just seems worse because it's more at a time instead of $7 a day.

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
You said you spent some of YOUR money, to get something YOU like. Unless there is more to the story, do you really even need to ASK if you are wrong?

Is your hubby stressed out at work or something? Everything going okay between you guys?

Sorry, not trying to get too personal. Are you just ranting, or do you really want an opinion? If you really want an opinion, you have to explain a bit more I guess.

Are you guys on a budget?

There are two sides to every story. Maybe money is tight. Maybe he is stressed out, in general, or maybe he is stressed about SOMETHING else, and it is manifesting in this argument. Maybe there is friction between you two , for some reason?

If there is nothing else to the situation, and you are SURE you didn't leave anything out....and your husband is STRICTLY just upset about you spending YOUR money on something YOU want......that no, you aren't in the wrong. You should already know that though :)

Explain to him that you really want to try the ego twist and the evods. Explain to him that you heard really nice things about them. Explain to him that it is YOUR birthday money, and it will make YOU happy.

Man, I sure don't miss being involved with someone :) Sure, I get lonely some nights.....but the freedom is priceless :) You are married, take your chains the best you can , lol :)

That's the thing we have a great marriage and are in a better place than we have ever been. He had been out of work for like 4 years before last November. He's doing great at his job. Things are red hot in other areas...:blush: We've been married for 12 years. I didn't say a word when he started talking about a saltwater fish tank (talk about an expensive hobby) I think he's just scared of really putting the cigs down and if he gets a good vape he might consider it. It's already been ordered and I'm super excited. I'm sure he'll try it and want one too!

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
I think so too but I wish he would just relax. I told him he doesn't have to quit all together if he doesn't want to. He still gets up in arms. With the cigalike and my refillable cartos and my fave liquids from MBV I have saved a ton on not buying analogs. It just seems worse because it's more at a time instead of $7 a day.

It's not about the money, remember how it was like when you were a smoker and what you would do to "protect" the habit.
He's still at that point I think. Just tell him your going to make a budget that equals what he's spending on analogs, that should change his perspective a bit. Just show him what he spends in a month and what you spend in a month.. Case closed.lol

Good luck to you!!!

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
It's not about the money, remember how it was like when you were a smoker and what you would do to "protect" the habit.
He's still at that point I think. Just tell him your going to make a budget that equals what he's spending on analogs, that should change his perspective a bit. Just show him what he spends in a month and what you spend in a month.. Case closed.lol

Good luck to you!!!

You're awesome! You really help put it in perspective. I love ECF for all the great peeps!

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010

I've advocated in several threads that EVERYONE should keep a vape budget. Personally, I have a notepad file on my computer (vape.txt, lol) SPECIFICALLY for keeping all my vape related information.

Some of the things I include in the file:

1) A lit of all vape related purchases. Example:

4/24/13 - $**.** (LiteCigUSA)
6/02/13 - $**.** (Roar)

2) A list of all e-liquid companies I've tried (So I know which ones I liked, which ones I didn't , and in order from "Most liked" to "Least Liked"

3) The date of everytime I replace a coil for my pro tank / evod - This way I know how long each coil lasted

4) The date I first started vaping

5) The date I smoked my last cig

6) My vape preferences. Which volt on my ego twist I like best, for which ohm

7) A list of e-liquids I want to try

8) A list of smoking devices I want to try.

Anyway, that is just an example of what is on MY vape.txt. The MAIN purpose , though, is that I have a vape budget, that I allow myself to spend monthly, and I record all my purchases. This gives you an exact amount of how much you have spent since you started vaping, how much you have saved.....and you can follow a specific budget.

My budget is $75/month. That gives me enough breathing room to comfortably order my e-liquids, my replacement coils, and usually something extra each month (something small, like another evod....or a new toy like a carto tank or whatever).

My FIRST few months vaping, I spent double that each month around. I think I spent $200 the first month, and $140ish the second month. That's normal, because you need all your equipment. After that, I've never come close to reaching the $75/month budget I've set ;)

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
So my hubby and my birthdays are very close to each other. I got $100 and decided I'm tired of the cigalike and ordered myself a eGo twist kit with kanger evod's plus an all metal vivi nova tank for my citrus flavors. He got super mad at me and was saying I should return the cigalike and get my money back and why did I bother buying it if I'm going to spend money on this other one. I am very upset. The thing is that I vaped in the past with the stupid carts and burned foam etc and just couldn't do it but now with all the better equipment I am excited to bring it up and enjoy vaping. He loves his cigalike and refuses to try anything else. Also he refuses to quit smoking too and I haven't smoked an analog in over 3 weeks. Am I wrong? It was my money and am going to use the cigalike for back up and short trips etc. I just don't get it. I have never discouraged him from spending his birthday money on what he wants. ...?:mad:

It sounds like epic husband fail to me. Really if vaping is working so well for you might he just be jealous and instead of being happy for you getting ***** about you spending your own money?

Sorry you have to deal with that. Just tonight in bead accidentally smack him in a tender spot in your "sleep" ;)

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
That's the thing we have a great marriage and are in a better place than we have ever been. He had been out of work for like 4 years before last November. He's doing great at his job. Things are red hot in other areas...:blush: We've been married for 12 years. I didn't say a word when he started talking about a saltwater fish tank (talk about an expensive hobby) I think he's just scared of really putting the cigs down and if he gets a good vape he might consider it. It's already been ordered and I'm super excited. I'm sure he'll try it and want one too!

THANK you for elaborating. I think you answered the question then! Several people in the thread thought he might be scared to quit. Now that seems to be what you are thinking. It sounds like you found the answer!

If that is the case, just do your best to let him know there is no pressure, no rush to quit......and even if YOU do quit cigs for good, you won't mind if he still smokes them (believe me, sometimes ppl need to hear that).

Also, consider doing a vape budget like I mentioned above, so that way he won't really have an excuse to fight the switch to vaping (financially speaking) when he sees the finances aren't being affected (you arent going crazy with spending).

The prospect of quitting cigs can be scary. The prospect of your partner quitting, while you can't....might be even more scary. Bear with him :)

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
I've advocated in several threads that EVERYONE should keep a vape budget. Personally, I have a notepad file on my computer (vape.txt, lol) SPECIFICALLY for keeping all my vape related information.

Some of the things I include in the file:

1) A lit of all vape related purchases. Example:

4/24/13 - $**.** (LiteCigUSA)
6/02/13 - $**.** (Roar)

2) A list of all e-liquid companies I've tried (So I know which ones I liked, which ones I didn't , and in order from "Most liked" to "Least Liked"

3) The date of everytime I replace a coil for my pro tank / evod - This way I know how long each coil lasted

4) The date I first started vaping

5) The date I smoked my last cig

6) My vape preferences. Which volt on my ego twist I like best, for which ohm

7) A list of e-liquids I want to try

8) A list of smoking devices I want to try.

Anyway, that is just an example of what is on MY vape.txt. The MAIN purpose , though, is that I have a vape budget, that I allow myself to spend monthly, and I record all my purchases. This gives you an exact amount of how much you have spent since you started vaping, how much you have saved.....and you can follow a specific budget.

My budget is $75/month. That gives me enough breathing room to comfortably order my e-liquids, my replacement coils, and usually something extra each month (something small, like another evod....or a new toy like a carto tank or whatever).

My FIRST few months vaping, I spent double that each month around. I think I spent $200 the first month, and $140ish the second month. That's normal, because you need all your equipment. After that, I've never come close to reaching the $75/month budget I've set ;)

Yes! I smoked 1-1.5 packs a day. I have definitely stayed under budget so far because Bday money is free money(it was from my dad). I'm only 32 but it's what my dad does. Plus my hubby got $100 from him too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread