Really mad right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
THANK you for elaborating. I think you answered the question then! Several people in the thread thought he might be scared to quit. Now that seems to be what you are thinking. It sounds like you found the answer!

If that is the case, just do your best to let him know there is no pressure, no rush to quit......and even if YOU do quit cigs for good, you won't mind if he still smokes them (believe me, sometimes ppl need to hear that).

Also, consider doing a vape budget like I mentioned above, so that way he won't really have an excuse to fight the switch to vaping (financially speaking) when he sees the finances aren't being affected (you arent going crazy with spending).

The prospect of quitting cigs can be scary. The prospect of your partner quitting, while you can't....might be even more scary. Bear with him :)

Thanks! It makes a lot of sense! I remember when he quit cold turkey a few years ago I freaked! So I feel for him, I guess I needed a little vent and others thoughts on the subject.

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
It sounds like epic husband fail to me. Really if vaping is working so well for you might he just be jealous and instead of being happy for you getting ***** about you spending your own money?

Sorry you have to deal with that. Just tonight in bead accidentally smack him in a tender spot in your "sleep" ;)

I lol'd but no. I won't do that! Haha.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Yes! I smoked 1-1.5 packs a day. I have definitely stayed under budget so far because Bday money is free money(it was from my dad). I'm only 32 but it's what my dad does. Plus my hubby got $100 from him too!

Awesome dad right there!

I'm 27, my birthday was June 5th, and I didn't even get a call.....

Consider yourself lucky :)

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Iv'e never come close to the 75 a month budget you talk about either, That would get me through this Friday.....:facepalm:

I would be happy to get down to 400 a month.. geesh I'm bad....

Yea well, my vape budget is relative to my earnings. If I made more, I'm sure my vape budget would be higher :)

Not too much though. Honestly, I'm extremely happy with my 2 evods and 1 pro tank I have in rotation right now.....and I try out about 3 or so e-liquid vendors a month....so I'm happy :)

What did you get this month, if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious how you spend $400 a month in vaping! I could see the first month spending close to that, but if already have your daily equipment, what did you get?

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
Awesome dad right there!

I'm 27, my birthday was June 5th, and I didn't even get a call.....

Consider yourself lucky :)

It's relative. My mother has forgotten every one of my birthdays since 16. I'm her only child! Sorry about your dad but yeah my dad is great. He tries to make up for my crazy mom!

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Awe.... he's just jealous... nah, I think he's a little scared at your display of independence. Up to now vaping has been a "we" thing cause you both do it with the same stuff... like a shared hobby... now you've set out on your own and he finds that a bit threatening. I bet if you look at it closely you'll see he's done the same before with other stuff.

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
Awe.... he's just jealous... nah, I think he's a little scared at your display of independence. Up to now vaping has been a "we" thing cause you both do it with the same stuff... like a shared hobby... now you've set out on your own and he finds that a bit threatening. I bet if you look at it closely you'll see he's done the same before with other stuff.

Yes, yes he has. I don't want to bash him though! He's amazing! I truly love him and he's my best friend. I do think he's scared of having to give up the stinkies though.

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
Yea well, my vape budget is relative to my earnings. If I made more, I'm sure my vape budget would be higher :)

Not too much though. Honestly, I'm extremely happy with my 2 evods and 1 pro tank I have in rotation right now.....and I try out about 3 or so e-liquid vendors a month....so I'm happy :)

What did you get this month, if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious how you spend $400 a month in vaping! I could see the first month spending close to that, but if already have your daily equipment, what did you get?

Ok, here's the short list by memory, I must add that I have converted 6 people from work and I'm mixing juices for about 12 people. I am also a nic base stasher, I have a freezer dedicated to only nic base but here goes.

RTS Vapes 2 orders this month 4 liters of 100 mg nic base, $200 worth of new flavors to mix
Fastech 3 svd's for 40 bucks each, (come on, who can pass up a deal like that) I will sell these at cost to future vapers
2 new Vamo's v3
20 panasonic 18650 batteries
15 Vivi-novo kits for new vapers also. this makes it easy for them to get into the REAL vape experience
10 I clear30 tanks for 9 bucks a piece, (come on, who can pass up a deal like that)!!
30 Vivi nova heads
I'm probably at 1200 for the month so far, but alot of that will be a push once I sell some of this stuff to coworkers, friends etc... I attached a photo for your viewing pleasure 20130206_203750.jpg

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
Ok, here's the short list by memory, I must add that I have converted 6 people from work and I'm mixing juices for about 12 people. I am also a nic base stasher, I have a freezer dedicated to only nic base but here goes.

RTS Vapes 2 orders this month 4 liters of 100 mg nic base, $200 worth of new flavors to mix
Fastech 3 svd's for 40 bucks each, (come on, who can pass up a deal like that) I will sell these at cost to future vapers
2 new Vamo's v3
20 panasonic 18650 batteries
15 Vivi-novo kits for new vapers also. this makes it easy for them to get into the REAL vape experience
10 I clear30 tanks for 9 bucks a piece, (come on, who can pass up a deal like that)!!
30 Vivi nova heads
I'm probably at 1200 for the month so far, but alot of that will be a push once I sell some of this stuff to coworkers, friends etc... I attached a photo for your viewing pleasure View attachment 219988

Wow! WTG for getting people converted though! The more vaping the better.

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
Yes, yes he has. I don't want to bash him though! He's amazing! I truly love him and he's my best friend. I do think he's scared of having to give up the stinkies though.
this made me smile :) my boyfriend is my bestest friend too..
I'm a little ...... off myself.. was going to see mumford & sons(my favorite band) play in new orleans tomorrow but it got cancelled.. booooo!

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
So my hubby and my birthdays are very close to each other. I got $100 and decided I'm tired of the cigalike and ordered myself a eGo twist kit with kanger evod's plus an all metal vivi nova tank for my citrus flavors. He got super mad at me and was saying I should return the cigalike and get my money back and why did I bother buying it if I'm going to spend money on this other one. I am very upset. The thing is that I vaped in the past with the stupid carts and burned foam etc and just couldn't do it but now with all the better equipment I am excited to bring it up and enjoy vaping. He loves his cigalike and refuses to try anything else. Also he refuses to quit smoking too and I haven't smoked an analog in over 3 weeks. Am I wrong? It was my money and am going to use the cigalike for back up and short trips etc. I just don't get it. I have never discouraged him from spending his birthday money on what he wants. ...?:mad:

I'm fairly certain you can't return e-cig products that have already been used . . . so that solves that!

Money is always tough between couples - my wife gets on my case for my e-cig spending even though it's not that much and I make enough money to cover it. She doesn't even work yet I don't monitor her spending .. which is plenty, believe me. I think it's more her getting annoyed seeing me vaping all the time - so she complains whenever vape mail arrives.

The greatest marriage skill I've learned is the ability to tune absolutely anything out. "What! Another e-cig package? blah blah blah".

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
this made me smile :) my boyfriend is my bestest friend too..
I'm a little ...... off myself.. was going to see mumford & sons(my favorite band) play in new orleans tomorrow but it got cancelled.. booooo!

That sucks!!!! I love them. Oh and on a side note, my dad lives in Trussville! We go to the gulf every summer with him! We're going to Santa Rosa Island this August!!!

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
I'm fairly certain you can't return e-cig products that have already been used . . . so that solves that!

Money is always tough between couples - my wife gets on my case for my e-cig spending even though it's not that much and I make enough money to cover it. She doesn't even work yet I don't monitor her spending .. which is plenty, believe me. I think it's more her getting annoyed seeing me vaping all the time - so she complains whenever vape mail arrives.

The greatest marriage skill I've learned is the ability to tune absolutely anything out. "What! Another e-cig package? blah blah blah".

"What another package? blah blah blah,, I'm laughing my azz off choking on vapor.... That's just epic man...lol

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
For what its worth, somewhere in his golf bag is a club he purchased and did not tell you about. Somewhere in his tackle box is a fishing reel secretly purchased on Ebay you had no idea about. Just saying.

Oh yes! A new xbox or PS3 game keeps showing up every couple of months and I get the "What? Oh I've had that!" LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread