Status
Not open for further replies.

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
there is too many variables to do anything as far as needing the high cost test.. and it would have to be ppl that avoid areas with a lot of smoke.. the tests do not pick up low amounts of nic I have smoked a analog 1 hour before taking one of these and it did not pick it up..

would not have to be a set mg use or set amount would be average usage since this is just to see nicotine absorption taking place.

420GypsyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
Near a beach in a desert.
I'll participate. I think the test that actually shows the level of nicotine present would be the best. Everyone that comes to this forum that only vapes and doesn't smoke should participate. Take three test. Once in the morning, once in the afternoon and one just before you go to bed and then post the results.

Then we can take all the data and correlate it to see what the averages are.

I know that some of us vape more than others and some of us vape different amounts of nicotine. So we must also post what amount of nic juice were vaping and about how often we vape during the day. Also post what PV you used - 510, 901, 801, mod etc, etc, etc.

Also post if you were around smokers and whether you may have inhaled second hand smoke.

This might be non-scientific, but at least we can estimate the amount of nicotine we're getting.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Someone said the test wouldn't register small amounts, but if it did, and to get a correct reading, you'd have to eliminate a few things from you diet.

“Nicotine is an alkaloid found in the nightshade family of plants (Solanaceae), predominantly in tobacco and coca, and in lower quantities in tomato, potato, eggplant (aubergine), and green pepper.”

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
that is why it is non scientific.. eating those foods in normal amounts should not change outcome.. this is basically to show that nicotine is being absorbed.. so if the results show 90% do not get nicotine then it would have to look into other sources.. as far as second hand smoke as long as it is not large amounts of time should not detect enough to register it..

then i would say do not put set amount to be used.. because most likely effects from vaping lower amounts than you normally would cause the body to break down the nicotine faster.. and too much could cause sickness.

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
there are some semi-quantitative tests... which is what i'm going to use. i'd like permission to repost results from here on my blog, or invite you guys to post your own results over there too. i'm probably going to use the NicAlert test linked here if anyone is interested. i'm going to use the pricier test because they can supposedly distinguish between passive exposure vs. personal use of nicotine products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread