Status
Not open for further replies.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I have a Pasta Salad recipe that my mom said she got from my 100% Italian grandma. Its fattening as hell but it is SOOOOOO good! The only thing I've changed is the dressing. My wife holds a gun to my head once a month for me to make a batch to munch on for a few days!

Q's Pasta Salad:
1 box of Rotini spiral noodles
1 large can and 1 small can of sliced mushrooms
1 large can and 1 small can of sliced black olives
2 large jars of marinated artichoke hearts
1 bag of pepperoni slices
1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 bottle Newman's Own "Family Recipe Italian" dressing. (Has to be this brand!!)

Drain all cans of veg and jars of artichoke hearts. Dump in BIG container. (I have a large Rubbermaid rectangular container with lid that I use just for this). Cook pasta al dente and run under cold water until cooled. Dump pasta in the big container.
Stir together with the veggies. Throw in sliced pepperoni and stir again. Dump bag of mozzarella cheese in and stir again. Shake bottle of dressing and dump in. Stir and let sit in fridge for a few hours.

Try not to eat whole thing at once!
5dfe6ac2e3c7314b5d3353053fa27eec.jpg

grover868

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2014
Modesto, CA, USA
I have a Pasta Salad recipe that my mom said she got from my 100% Italian grandma. Its fattening as hell but it is SOOOOOO good! The only thing I've changed is the dressing. My wife holds a gun to my head once a month for me to make a batch to munch on for a few days!

Q's Pasta Salad:
1 box of Rotini spiral noodles
1 large can and 1 small can of sliced mushrooms
1 large can and 1 small can of sliced black olives
2 large jars of marinated artichoke hearts
1 bag of pepperoni slices
1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 bottle Newman's Own "Family Recipe Italian" dressing. (Has to be this brand!!)

Drain all cans of veg and jars of artichoke hearts. Dump in BIG container. (I have a large Rubbermaid rectangular container with lid that I use just for this). Cook pasta al dente and run under cold water until cooled. Dump pasta in the big container.
Stir together with the veggies. Throw in sliced pepperoni and stir again. Dump bag of mozzarella cheese in and stir again. Shake bottle of dressing and dump in. Stir and let sit in fridge for a few hours.

Try not to eat whole thing at once!
5dfe6ac2e3c7314b5d3353053fa27eec.jpg

That does look good...I am going to have Linda make that so she can munch on it. I of course, would not hide it from her. :laugh:

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I seriously wrote out that recipe and hobbled over to Linda and asked her if we had all these ingredients? She read it and said, "that sounds really good!"
You'll love it! Its addicting! Hell me and the wife just sit on the couch with the container in between us with a couple of forks!

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
This recipe is for an appetizer that never lasts with any crowd.

Cowboy Caviar

1 Green Pepper – chopped fine
1 Red Pepper – chopped fine
1 Red Onion – chopped fine
Handful of chopped fresh parsley
2 cans pink beans – drained & rinsed
2 cans Shoe Peg Corn – drained
2/3 cup Olive Oil
1 cup Cider Vinegar

Mix and chill.

Serve with scoops.

Great with Radioactive!

3c145417dc2361e885a798daf814c31e.jpg

Last edited:

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
This is exactly how I cook as well.
Me, too! But I'll give it a go ...

Tuscan White Bean Soup

EVOO
3-4 chicken sausages
1/2 onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, smashed (mince for stronger flavor)
2-3 sprigs of rosemary - remove from stems and mince (maybe 3 tsp)
4 sage leaves, chopped
1 can fire roasted chopped tomatoes - preferably organic
1 can cannellini beans (or 2 cups of cooked beans)
2 quarts chicken stock
Parmesan cheese rind (optional - but good!)
salt & pepper, to taste
A couple of handful of fresh spinach (optional)

In a 5+ quart Dutch oven, pour 1-2 turns of EVOO. Remove sausage from casings and brown a bit.
Add onions and sauté until slightly golden.
Add garlic and stir about for a minute. Be careful that the garlic doesn't burn :)
Add in the rosemary and sage. Stir about for another minute or two.
Add tomatoes, beans, Parmesan rind and stock.
Simmer for at least 1/2 hour, and as long as 1 hour.
Season to taste, about 15 minutes in. I use a lot of pepper and not much salt ...

Sometimes I make some sort of little pasta - shells, rotini, whatever - and add it to the soup in the bowl. I don't put the pasta in the soup because it eats the stock. I also may add a glug of a light bodied wine to the soup as it is simmering, if there's a little left in last night's bottle. A glug is probably a 2-count pour - maybe 2-3 ounces. A bit of spinach at the end adds color and vitamins. We think the soup is good on day one, but better on day two. Except, usually there isn't much left on day two :)

Hot, crusty bread is a must, along with more wine!

Last edited:

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
Wakondanarba

29528ec8a7375e0e33b3f014b0716675.jpg

Ingredients:
spaghetti
butter
egg(s)
cooked bacon
Handful of grated parmesan

Cook pasta, drain and reserve some water.

Melt butter in a 12" skillet over medium heat and cook about 10 minutes until golden brown. Crack egg(s)into butter and cook, spooning butter over yolks, until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes. Butter should turn brown. Transfer eggs to a plate and keep warm. Add pasta and and crumbled cooked bacon to skillet and toss until hot. Stir in some of the reserved pasta water to create a sauce, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle in the parmesan.

Plate pasta and place fried egg(s) on top. The yolk will result in a nice sauce.

If you want to add herbs, throw a few sage leaves in the cooking butter and they get crispy as crumbs. Nice flavor. Also, perhaps a handful of fresh diced tomato when you add back the pasta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dahomey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Illinois
Wakondanarba

29528ec8a7375e0e33b3f014b0716675.jpg

Ingredients:
spaghetti
butter
egg(s)
cooked bacon

Cook pasta, drain and reserve.

Melt butter in a 12" skillet over medium heat and cook about 10 minutes until golden brown. Crack egg(s)into butter and cook, spooning butter over yolks, until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes. Butter should turn brown. Transfer eggs to a plate and keep warm. Add pasta and and crumbled cooked bacon to skillet and toss until hot. Stir in some of the reserved pasta water to create a sauce, and season with salt and pepper.

Plate pasta and place fried egg(s) on top. The yolk will result in a nice sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, this looks good! This thread is making me hungry and I just finished my lunch! :w00t::pop:

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
My cooking is limited to two appliances, the microwave and my Weber Smoky Mountain smoker.
Trim ribs, apply your favorite rub, cook for 2 1/4 hours at exactly 225 degrees, remove ribs, lay on a sheet of foil, and slather them with honey, more rub (this time with brown sugar), and a nice squirt of squeeze Parkay or butter. Seal them back up tightly and cook for another 90 minutes, then check to see if they're done. Dope them up with a glaze of barbecue sauce and cook for a little while to firm up the sauce. Finger lickin' good.

Oh, I like apple wood chunks for a sweet smoke flavor.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
Here's another one. I make this for dinner all the time since it's so easy.

Taco Soup

Ingredients

2 cans chili beans
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 small can green chiles
1 can tomato soup
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch
1 lb ground beef

Brown ground beef in pan with taco and ranch packets. Put in soup pot. Add chili beans and green chiles. Drain black beans and corn and add. Add tomato soup + 1 or 2 cans full of water. Mix all ingredients well. Heat until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce of choice.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Here's another one. I make this for dinner all the time since it's so easy.

Taco Soup

Ingredients

2 cans chili beans
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 small can green chiles
1 can tomato soup
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch
1 lb ground beef

Brown ground beef in pan with taco and ranch packets. Put in soup pot. Add chili beans and green chiles. Drain black beans and corn and add. Add tomato soup + 1 or 2 cans full of water. Mix all ingredients well. Heat until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce of choice.

I make this a lot in the winter time. It's really, really good!!

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Nebraska/Dutch Harbor, AK
This just went into the smoker.

- 1 1/2lbs of macaroni shells
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups of shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 cups of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup of Velveeta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 pound bacon

The last 45 mins I will be putting more cheese and bacon on top.

IMG_0146.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread