Not open for further replies.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
It's a question many are asking.

I personally was not a huge fan of the old Virus. It wasn't that I didn't like it, it was just ok to me. I decided to give the new a chance and I really like it. More tobacco and a little less "sticky sweet" but still has that warm maple type undertone.

Obviously it will take some time to see what happens as it ages, but for those familiar with Virus, how do you think the new will compare?

What about Wakonda? I still have a few months worth, so I didn't order this round. What do you think of the changes? What about the other flavors?

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
I wound up getting The Virus in 18mg and Wakonda & CLS in 12mg. I really like them all. The Virus tastes a bit dry to me if that makes any sense. I need a bottle of water at the ready when vaping that. Perhaps it’s the high nicotine. The CLS is great but not an ADV for me as it’s a bit too sweet. The Wakonda is perfection IMHO. I feel that the tobacco note is slightly more pronounced and I like it. There is plenty of flavor in these new formulations.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I like the new Virus. I wasn't sure if I detected any change at first but after vaping a couple tanks I agree about the dryness. I like it better this way.

I'm going to have to give the new Wakonda a try. I liked the old version so the new one should be a real treat.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well with the change to 30PG/70VG I won't be able to try it (even if I wanted to), I don't go over 30VG, and I had to dilute the previous to up the PG, now it would be impossible with the current ratio. Clark seems to be going after the Cloud Chasers, instead of the Tootle Puffers that just want to quit cigarettes. That is his choice, I just hope it works for him.

• Agree
Reactions: 57chilicat

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Well with the change to 30PG/70VG I won't be able to try it (even if I wanted to), I don't go over 30VG, and I had to dilute the previous to up the PG, now it would be impossible with the current ratio. Clark seems to be going after the Cloud Chasers, instead of the Tootle Puffers that just want to quit cigarettes. That is his choice, I just hope it works for him.
Same here Burnie. I have reactions to any liquid with over 60% VG so I won't be buying any of the new reformulated liquids. That's ok though...I still have quite a bit of the old NT to go through so I'm good. And like you said, it's Clark's choice and I'm good with it. :)

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I have enough of the old to last awhile
I still have a wee bit myself :D

upload_2018-3-19_18-18-53.png

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I'm finding a lot more flavor in CLS, but I'm not sure if it's because of the formula change, or because I'm sub-ohming these days.

I agree, I haven't had CLS in a few years, I found it a bit lacking in flavor for me, so went for stronger flavors like ACB.

But this new CLS seems more flavor for sure, and maybe just me, but I seem to get a hint of a fruit flavor to it, know really enjoying this new CLS :)

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
    Nov 12, 2014
    CT
    anyone try the new Betelgeuse?

once i switched to sub-ohm tank, the old recipe was unvapable. still ahve two bottles at home. Is the new recipe thicker? the old stuff was very harsh in sub ohm....also, this on the site doesnt indicate what a "basic" tank is... to me, that says NOT sub ohm...

* PG/VG Ratio = 30PG/70VG <<Wicks Good In Basic Tanks

jdrewry

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Just finished my first bottle of CLS. I went to change the coils (getting ready to try another juice) and I was surprised with how clean my coils looked (using an Horizon Arco tank). With a lot of my juices, when I get to the end of a 60ml bottle, it's definitely been the time to change coils; next time, I'm going to try vaping two 60ml bottles, and see how the coils hold up after that.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2013
    Omaha, Nebraska, United States
    www.nicoticket.com
    If that's the case, then I'm definitely looking forward to trying Dream Wave...:hubba:
    Dream Wave is awesome I think... It's an old label with a totally reworked concept and recipe... One that I have had in pocket for a long time and always wanted to do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 57chilicat

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2013
    Omaha, Nebraska, United States
    www.nicoticket.com
    I agree, I haven't had CLS in a few years, I found it a bit lacking in flavor for me, so went for stronger flavors like ACB.

But this new CLS seems more flavor for sure, and maybe just me, but I seem to get a hint of a fruit flavor to it, know really enjoying this new CLS :)
    Glad you are digging it Nailz. I missed you man.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread