New Vaper's Initial Feedback on Riva 1100 kit / Ego-t carto / nice liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalterEgo

Mar 29, 2011
MN, USA
Hi everybody,

I'm a brand new vaper, and wanted to share my initial experiences.

After my original order for the Riva 1100 and some starter liquid, I started reading more and ordering more. I received my Riva kit 3 days ago.

Upon opening my Riva 1100 kit, I was glad that I had done some reading ahead of time so I knew what to do. First I charged one of the batteries to 'green' on the charger. The manual read to charge 8 hours even if the light turned green before that, but I found on ecf that those are old instructions from the nickel battery days - I hope that's true. It took almost 2 hours to charge to green.
I unwrapped an atty and a cart. I pulled out the filling and filled 2/3 from the bottom, re-inserted the filler, and topped off until saturated moving the filler up & down with a tweezers between every couple drops. I decided to try the 'Red Mix' juice (PG 18mg) first, and I put a drop on the bridge cone & slid on the cart.

I didn't expect much for first draw on the Riva - had read the primer would atomize first - and that was what I got. By the 3rd draw I was getting flavor - and liquid in my mouth. That was nasty. I figured I must be doing something wrong. I was sucking pretty hard. After about 5 vapes I had it down better - and I think maybe the atty settled in a bit. Another 3-5 vapes later, it wasn't doing much any more - topped it off and good to go for a few more. This made me realize the "hands on" nature of the atty/cart deal. Another thing I think I'm realizing is this liquid may not be the best. The Red Mix is OK, the RY4 is tolerable, and the Red Cola is pretty bad - all Dekang PG. After the first cart went dry, I refilled - after a bit more use and practice the draws kept getting better & more consistent. My kit also included a Delrin Drip Tip so I had to give that a try. Compared to anything I could get off the atty/cart up to that point (and since), I like that best - cleaner flavor, better vapor, etc. I did notice after the 3rd top-off with the cart, the filler was a bit singed - kind of like an analog filter if you smoked it down too far.

After a couple nights with the regular attys/carts I'm not real impressed with the overall experience & hoping there's more better coming...

Then I got my other orders on Monday:
From Backwoods Brew:
- Backwoods Brew 555 Tobacco (Strength: 18mg)
- Backwoods Cherry Tobacco (Strength: 18mg)
- Backwoods Honey Flue Nut Tobacco (Strength: 18mg)
- Backwoods Menthol Tobacco (Medium, Strength: 18mg)
From Vaperite:
- Organic VR4 Tobacco (Strength: 18mg)
- Organic Sample Pack
Sample #1: Org_Champagne
Sample #2: Org_Mint
Sample #3: Org_Caramel_Corn
Sample #4: Org_Japanese_Plum
Sample #5: Org_English_Toffee
Sample #6: Org_Chocolate_Int)
From Liberty Flights:
- 18 gauge needle (blunt, no bevel)
- 5ml syringe w/ blunt 18 gauge needle
- E Liquid 5ML - PG - Others Apple - 14MG
- E Liquid 5ML - PG - Tobaccos RY4 - 18MG
- Joye eGo - T Black eGo - T Atomizer - Single (works great with the Riva 1100)
- Joye eGo - T Clear White eGo - T Cartridges - 5 pack
From Stormy's Vapor Cellar:
- Mini Storm cartomizer (looks cool - should be interesting)
* still patiently waiting on this - big demand

First I tried dripping the Vaperite organic VR4 tobacco on a fresh LR 501 atty. It was soooo much better than the sample juice I had gotten with my Riva. The flavors are so much more subtle and "real", and the VG definitely is easier on the throat and gives more vapor - I think I like that. So much more pleasurable than analogs. Still kind of "hot" but much better overall experience.

Then I decided to get brave and try out the ego-t cartomizer. I filled it up with BWB Honey Flue Nut. The first couple vapes weren't much, as expected. By the third draw I was saying "Oh My". This was something REALLY good. The vapor was plentiful with just the right TH (for me). That flavor is spectacular. I let a little vapor escape to my nose & give it a sniff here and there - it's just so pleasant to the senses! Can't wait to try the VapeRite juice in the T - maybe try some mixing...the possibilities are endless. It would be hard to go back to regular atty/cart combo I think.

Thanks everybody for your help.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I second what Swedishfish said about a great post. You've obviously done some homework! You seem to have a pretty good handle on all this, and now that you have worked out your vaping "technique" you have a world of flavors to test out. I like the Ego-T too, and am very pleased with the LR attys for the tank. At any rate, welcome and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, we're all here to help and share.

WalterEgo

Mar 29, 2011
MN, USA
I have a CE2 mod (mini storm) coming - can't wait. By the way I found a really good combination tonight: 2 parts backwoods menthol & 1 part Vaperite organic choco mint. niiiiice in the ego-t, which is still running strong. The only thing bumming me out a little bit - and keep in mind I don't stay bummed out too long :) - is that I can't get the blunted needles into most of the bottles, so I have to pop off the drip tip (a messy job). It doesn't work too bad to just squirt the juice into one of the little rubber ego-t bottle caps & suck it up with the syringe at the same time. I might have to try poking something through a bottle so I can get the needle in there & see what it does to the bottle. I'm guessing it will make it drip faster / without squeezing. Later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread