Issues with our new Riva's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turnkeys

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
SW Washington State
Couple newish users with newbish questions. ;)

A couple weeks ago I ordered a pair of Joyce 510's from Rocky Mountain Vapor. I'd read for weeks and finally succumbed to info overload and went with a recommendation from the guide I'd been reading. Overall we've been pleased with them, enjoying our initial selection of e-liquid with the order and placing a 2nd order of liquid less than a week later.

Today we received our upgrades, a pair of Riva's from Liberty Flights. And then I began to realize my err. I'd mistakenly thought (from my research on egos & rivas) that our 510 attys would fit the Rivas. First mistake. I can live with that...

But the biggest reason for ordering Rivas was a desire for increased vapor production, which I'm not really seeing. The cards are the same size, so after charging a batt and topping off my cart, I put it on and tried it. It's a 50/50 PG/VG blend. Vapor production was medium which I expected from this blend, though not really any higher than with my 510. Still I was happy with it, and the longer battery life I was anticipating. What I wasn't expecting was to run out of vapor/flavor so soon after.. I took the cart off and the filler's still wet. Put the same cart on my 510 and I'm still getting good vapor from it.

Looking closer at the atty it appears to be nearly a full centimeter longer in the barrel than that of the 510. I'm sure it'd be fine for dripping, but I'm surprised I got any vape from the carriage at all.

Lastly, looking at the 2 attys included with my g'friend's Riva, the elements are significantly off centered. She hasn't had the chance to try hers yet.

Any suggestions? I await the wisdom of more experienced users. :)

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Are you sure you ordered the 510 Riva? There is a 510 version and a 901 version on the LF site. That might explain why your 510 attys aren't fitting on them. I have the 510 Riva battery and have not had a problem with 510 attys not fitting.

When you say the element is off center I assume that you mean the the bridge. If it's that far off center you might be able to try using a pair of tweezers to gently move it to the center. If the atomizer won't fire then I would contact LF and they will send new ones to you.

Turnkeys

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
SW Washington State
Well the packing list says Riva 510. Unfortunately there's nothing on the box or the included users pamphlet that names the 510. On the front it shows the Riva, Mega Riva and UNC. Perhaps we were shipped the wrong units?

Maybe someone can help ID what I'm looking at. On the left is my 510 atty, the other is what we received today.

Attachments

• Attys.jpg
    Attys.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 22

Turnkeys

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
SW Washington State
Thanks for the confirmation. I was looking at LF's pics and suspected as I waited for your response. I'd be willing to keep 'em, but the barrel length of the 901 attys seems to make the carts stop producing far too soon. And while I'll likely be interested in trying mods later on, it's too early ATM.

We'll contact LF straight away. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread