new ego-w? Riva? wtf do I have here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theistus

Nov 18, 2011
SF
Ok, so I started out with an m401 model, and liked it, but quickly found it's limitations. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice little ecig, and a good way to start imho, but I got tired of swapping batteries and topping off carts and fussing with fiber.

So after reading a lot here and looking at youtube videos, etc., I ordered an ego-T tybe B 1100mah kit, and also got 2 supposedly ego-w atty's (one was free!). Well they came in yesterday, and since then I've been playing (new toys for xmas, yay!). Got around to the ego-w's this morning.

They aren't ego-w's, or at least not like the ones I've seen pictures of and reviewed.

They are branded "Riva-T" on the side. The eliq-cart is NOT removable from the sleeve, or at least not easily. the sleeve itself is threaded for the outer ring on the battery (the 'cone' ring), and the cart itself has no threading. All the other ego-w reviews and pictures/videos seem to show that the cart was the part that threaded on, and the sleeve/cove just popped on. I've poked around but can't seem to find mention of this new style anywhere, anyone seen it before?

Pros / Cons - so far, from just a few hours use, my impressions of it are very positive! Compared to the ego-t type B the hit is warmer and has TONS of flavor. The vanilla 18mg i have is almost TOO flavorful. The vaping experience is really nice! It seems like this is a more secure way to protect and handle the cart, as others have complained of breakage on the removable carts. On the other hand, filling them is just a tad more difficult than the removable carts, and I imagine flavor crossover is still a problem, as is re-filling on the go. Also, I imagine this is not user serviceable, but when one goes south I'll get more aggressive with tinkering. Condensation did seem to build a bit in the whistle tip, but did NOT flow down the side, as I've seen mentioned in removable cart models - I think this is because the seal is tight between the top of the cart and the sleeve/cone. Also, it seems like inhaling a bit after you let go of the button alleviates the condensation almost if not completely.

So far I've tried it with both an 80/20 pg/vg vanilla and a 100% VG clove (both at 18mg) and both work great (btw vanilla and clove mixed tastes great).

Anyone else seen this or heard of this before?

It has it's obvious limitations, but so far I like it! I'd mention where I got it, but don't want to look like I'm spamming as a new user.

TOO LONG _ DID NOT READ.

Ego-w, but branded Riva-T, and eliq-cart is non-removable from sleeve.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I don't know - as far as I know Ego-W is not a real model released by Joye. I think Ego-W is some bundle sold by one retailer where he combines and Ego or clone Ego (could be a Riva or other clone) and some kind of clear cartomizer or tanks (not sure what kind - could be something proprietary). Clear cartos usually need a syringe for filling - some need a blunt syringe and some need a sharp.

Ask them what kind of syringe to use with the carts or cartos for filling and unfilling. They are weird aren't they? Are they the one that screw onto the outside threads of the battery?

You could just ignore them and use normal Ego and 510 cartomizers on the battery which is what most people use anyway. Much of the clear stuff is mainly a new-vaper-attractant. It's "buy my thing" bling

Or try to find an ECF thread about Ego-W or a forum for the vendor that sells them and see how others fill the cartos or tanks or whatever they are.

And if what you have is a Riva, some Riva 510's (the latest ones by Eastmall) are 3.7v vs the 3.4v of Ego. Liberty-Flights.com Riva 510 kits and loose Riva 510 SE batteries are 3.7v since all of those are new stock from Eastmall. I don't know about any of their other loose Riva 510 batteries - may depend on how new the stock is since all Riva 510's including Eastmall used to be 3.4v like Ego.

Last edited:

theistus

Nov 18, 2011
SF
Yes, the sleeve screws onto the outside battery threads, which is different from the reviews I've seen of other ego-w's, where the threads are on the cartomizer itself and it screw onto the inner battery threads and the sleeve just pops on. Like I said, there doesn;t seem to be any easy way to separate the cartomizer and the sleeve, they seem to be of a piece.

I used a sharp needle to fill it, but I think a blunt would have worked just as well - I didn't seem to pierce anything on my way in, and seems like I can see straight down through the hole into the cartomizer, but it's a kinda small hole.

Well, whatever it is, I think i like it :) I'll have to send an email to the store I bought it from, see if I can find more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread