New Vamo V5 - Best of All Worlds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azaelius

Apr 16, 2013
San Diego
Grah! I just ordered from fairy-gift not 20 minutes ago only to find this thread and that fasttech has them and ships free... and probably faster. Blargh! Oh well. I have a Vamo v2, but lately it's been lagging on firing... I press the button, and for the first two seconds, no vapor, then blammo! Full force. and it's random! sometimes it's great and vapes no issue, then suddenly lag everywhere. also one button has become mushy.

I think I'm just convincing myself I made the right choice by buying another mod XD

Hectus

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
europe
Oki so heres my question;

As pr Pbusardos the review on the lambo 6.0, as far as i know, lambos vamos lavatubes bamboos etc has the same chips and stuff. The lambo 6.0 looks to me to just be a vamo 5. I havent gotten a handson look at either of this devices in real life so i might be wrong, but is there a possibillity the vamo 5 suffers from the same fault that the lambo 6?

I wish someone could do a voltage test simular to pbusardo on the vamo just to make sure this isnt the case, or confirm their do not use the same chips and stuff, cuz the way i see it if they do actually have the same problem, people should be adviced against buying it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MQsSbnN8wOo

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't think the Lambo 6.0 has the same chip as the Vamo V5 because pursuant to Pete Bs review the Lambo chip goes from 1 to 20 Watts in one watt increments. The Vamo V5 goes from 3.0 Watts to 15 Watts in 1/2 Watt increments. The Lambo V 6.0 goes from 3 Volts to 6 Volts in 1/10 Volt increments the same as the Vamo. The Vamo V5 Chip I believe is the same chip found in the V3 and V4, which have not displayed the same problems as Pete pointed out. Just my :2c:

The Old Wabbit

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
I'm also pretty sure it isn't the same chip. I have 2 Vamo 5s and I haven't had any problems with getting a consistent vape at all. I've used 3 different batteries too and they perform great down to 3.5v. I've used AW IMR 18650, AW IMR 16340 for small mode, and I've used Panasonic Hybrid IMR 2900mah Flat top 18650s. It has worked great with the same consistent vape with all 3 batteries.

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
the vamo v2 had a tendency to get a lil hot when chainvaping at high power, how is the v5 when it comes to heat?

Very good I would say, I've chain vaped like a madman with my DIY Tobacco and it didn't get any more than slightly warm. The bottom of the clearo got pretty hot, but that's expected and normal.

I just took it up to 10watts took a bunch of vapes I'd say heat is not a problem. :) My Smok Tech ARO took it like a champ too. My DIY Tobacco isn't very thick so wicking wasn't an issue either.

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have 2 Vamo V2s (soon to be 3) and 1 Vamo V5. I like the V2 better than the V5. 'jest sayin'

Any particular reason why? Since I just replaced the top on my V2 with a new one, it vapes better than when it was new because the new top allows more air flow for some unknown reason. I have a V5 coming for Xmas. Just wondering why you like the V2 better.

Wabbit

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
Well, just got my Vamo V5 today from Fairy Gifts, and they sent me White Chrome, when I ordered Stainless Steel. :(

Guess I'll get to see how good their customer service is - I've sent them a message to see how we can resolve this. I was really looking forward to getting the SS. Re-checked my order to make sure I didn't order incorrectly - nope - I clearly ordered SS.

darkmader

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2012
Minnesota
Just got my V5 about 20 min ago coming from a V1 then V2. It's exactly the same as the V2 with the body, I think somebody said it has firmer buttons but it's literally the same, which isn't a big deal. Took me a few to figure out the new menu options but basically you set it to watts and then you're good to go. I took out my new AFC then raised the top collar as high as it could go with the AFC to make contact just to be on the safe side of not pushing the pin down. I can't give a great review on it yet (but it seems the same) with vaping but somebody said that the RMS mode is back on the V5???? If that's the case I'm at a loss because I can't find it in the menu or holding down both of the buttons for 10 sec it doesn't switch.

Edit: Figured it out. You hold the left button for 10 sec to switch the mode. Why that function is an option is beyond me but all things are good now and I won't be frying some heads.

Maybe it was age/bat or whatever but I knew that the V2 misfired sometimes. I don't really remember if it started at the start or over time, but testing it out for a while (20 min) no misfires.

I should add that I got it from fairy-gift also. Ordered it on the 10th and got it in MN on the 24th through the $10 USPS option.

Last edited:

darkmader

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2012
Minnesota
How did I miss the V5 with diamonds around the top?? Just ordered the V2 SS because I don't like the swirls on the V3 ... but I love diamonds and no swirls (tears falling). This is what I get for not logging onto ECF for so long ...

That's interesting and I guess they failed with the marketing. I thought the V3 was made for females :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread