Vamo v5 From Hcigar Variable Voltage and Wattage, Resistance Check - Stainless, Black Chrome (Gun Metal) and Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
vamov5.png

vamov5_1.png

vamov5_2.png

vamov5_3.png

vamov5_4.png

vamov5_5.png

Vamo v5 Variable Voltage & Wattage by hcigar - Stainless, Black Chrome (Gun Metal), Chrome

Introducing the VAMO V5, a Vamo v2 Body + a Vamo v3 PCB. The v5 version has a removable ego well cover at the top for easy cleaning and maintenance of threads but one nice feature is that the well is nice and wide and it actually will handle most all eGo clearomizers including the Kanger T2, T3, MT3 and others without having to remove the cover or use an eGo adapter.

The VAMO v5 has a bright, easy-to-read OLED screen so you can read it without effort. You can use it without the extension tube in 18350 mode and with the extension tube in 18650 mode. The VAMO v5 also now uses RMS exclusively for superior voltage regulation (other versions use NO 1 and NO 2 modes to switch between AVG and RMS - they have done away with AVG for this version).

Features & Info:
  • 5 clicks turns this unit on and off
  • Press and hold the left button for three seconds to see remaining battery voltage
  • Press and hold the right button to see atomizer resistance.
  • To switch between Variable Voltage and Variable Wattage, press and hold both mini buttons button to enter the menu system. The first menu choice is where you can switch between variable voltage and variable wattage. Wait for a second and it goes into a choice between these two. Click the button once to move to the desired setting (voltage or wattage). Once it is displayed on the screen wait a second or so for it to disappear off the OLED screen and you will be in that mode.
  • You can also adjust what is displayed on the main screen when vaping. You can choose between: Atomizer resistance, remaining battery voltage, and power mode setting in voltage or watts. You choose this in one of the menu settings.
  • Variable Voltage: 3.0-6.0v in .1 increments
  • Variable Wattage: 3.0-15W in .5 increments
  • Reverse Polarity protection
  • Short circuit protection
  • Over discharge protection
  • Thermal Monitoring shuts unit off if it detects high temperatures
  • Works with atomizers with resistance between 1.5-5.0ohms. If it detects a resistance lower than 1.2 it shows a 'Low Resistance' warning.
  • 'Low V' displays if battery needs recharged
  • 10 second shut-off
  • Maximum amperage: 5 AMPS
  • Dimensions: 177.5mm high in 18350 mode (4.25 inches; 139mm high in 18650 mode (5.5 inches); 22mm wide at base.

What Your Receive With This Listing:
  • VAMO V5 Mod
  • Full manual explaining all the menu options and features
  • Presentation box
  • No batteries come with this purchase

mirthmgr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
www.kevinkratzke.com
Looks great! I love that the stainless version is only a few bucks more than the others. This one's going on my shortlist, for sure... it's going to look awfully nice in the stand between my SVD and Legend. :)

EDIT: Also love that they got rid of AVG - I've had a couple of mods that would sometimes revert on battery replacement, and it would drive me nuts.

Last edited:

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Looking good! I have a V1 and a V3 and they have been ultra reliable. I like that the V5 has the plain tube of the original with all the new bells and whistles. I would really like to see an additional tube that would allow the Vamo to accept an 18500 (hint, hint). I may just have to order a stainless model!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread