Status
Not open for further replies.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
V5.jpg

KSD Vamo V5Specifications
Thenew Vamo V5 variable voltage / watt mod is made of vamo v2 body+vamov3 pcb + removeable top ring. it can work with 1pc 18650battery, 2pcs 18350 batteries, or only 1pc 18350 battery
1.Workingvoltage from 3.0V to 6.0V
2.Can test Atomizer's resistance, andDisplay voltage, power
3.Fit atomizers with resistance1.5~5.0ohm
4.Protected function
5.Output power3W—15W
6.Variable voltage
510 connector

7.OnlyRMS mod
8.withor without diamond studs around the top
9.when the Vamo V3 is short circuit, it will show "short".
Canwork with 1pc 18650 battery or 1pc 18350 or 2pcs 18350 battey (2pcs18350 batteries)
The extension battery cone fit 1pcs 18350 battery

Available Here NOW: http://www.fairy-gift.com/advanced_search_result.html?keyword=vamo+v5&search_in_description=1

I just pushed the add to cart button. Gotta Have This.
Wabbit

Last edited:

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Alright, I want one in SS. I have a V3 in SS and really like it. I'm very careful with the threads though. I feel they are weak and don't trust them to last forever. So for $40 I think it's a good idea to have another Vamo around.

My concern is that this looks to be a Chinese company, and the product will be shipped from China, just like fastteck (which I have been and am currently using, very satisfied customer so far). So our shipments will be held up the same. Plus there an approx. $10 shipping charge for me. And, does anyone know if this fairy company is as reputable as fasttech?

Too many as yet unanswered questions for me to pull the trigger just yet. I'm assuming you're feeling the same way as you said "added to cart" instead of "ordered this damn thing just now"! lol.

best regards, larry mac

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Larry, I did pull the trigger. I realized they were in China, and checked on Facebook to see if there were any negative comments and found none. I will let you know if there are any, and post when it arrives. I went ahead and ordered it because of the 20% discount and the shipping was not all that bad. Total cost was $49.67 and it is supposed to arrive in about 10 days.

Get yourself an "Air Controller" They are out of stock at Madvapes.com, but can be found elsewhere for under $5.00. First it protects the threads, second it protects the little "O" Ring seal and third it allows you to control the airflow when using tanks. Great little extra for the Vamo.

PS: I paid using PayPal, which has an excellent dispute section, just in case anything goes wrong. I have received several refunds from PayPal using their dispute process.

Wabbit

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Here is a little better picture of the Vamo V5:

v5.jpg

Left to right: Stainless, Black Chrome, and Chrome

The top seems to be slightly tapered with dimples (which can come with rhinestones for you ladies)

Basically I think this is a V3 or V4 without the swirls.

Sigelei is also coming out with a version similar to this, however I can't find it on the Sigelei site yet, only on Alibaba.com

Wabbit

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
How does the shipping work from this site?? If you choose Paypal it takes you right to the Paypal payment window without telling you how it will be shipped. Can you choose your shipping method from the four they offer? Is tracking offered if you pay through Paypal without registering on the site? Thanks in advance if anyone can answer these questions.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
wv2win,

I did the same thing, ie: using pay pal without registering first. You can check shipping first but it is hard to find on the site without putting the item in you basket. USPS shipping is about $10.00, and they also have DHL I think and some others, but they are quite expensive. If you do check out with Pay Pal like I did, you have a temporary registration using the same email address as Pay Pal. You then need to try and log in and then state that you forgot your password. They immediately send you and email with a password. You can then log back in using your email address and new password and check your status. Being a typical site in China I think it will be about 10 days to shipping and then you get a tracking number and then another 5 or 10 days to receive the item.

I have no idea whether this site is good or bad, but their facebook page had no negative comments, and at least with Pay Pal you have some recourse up to 45 days. If I don't get my V5 in 30 days, I will post a problem with Pay Pal.

Best Wishes
Wabbit

manonthemoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
NY
The only difference between the v3 and the v4 are the swirls on the v3 and the v3 has a removable collar whereas the v4 doesn't.

A lot of people didn't like the swirl design of the v3. The V5 has the v2/v4 design which was more popular AND a removable collar like the v3.

(The V3, V4 and V5 all have OLED screens.)

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Vamo V5 Report

View attachment 256927 View attachment 256928

1. Arrived in less than two weeks from date of order, but the site still says processing ?????
2. Same height and weight as the V2 but the finish is burnished stainless steel, not as shiny as my V2 - still very good looking.
3. Top ring is removable, BUT you still cannot get to the chip as far as I can see. It appears to be sealed or just one piece unlike the V2 which evidently the top is a press fit and can be removed with some difficulty.
4. The screen has smaller lettering, but is quite clear and has the same controls as the V2 including AVG and RMS modes.
5. The draw is much improved, more air flow utilizing tanks even without an Air Controller.
6. The buttons appear much improved as they do not wiggle as they do on my V2. (This never bothered me much anyway)

My initial vape was very strong and I found out it was in AVG mode rather than RMS. I was under the impression that the new chip did away with AVG mode which was the old NO1 and produced a very strong vaping experience, but they retained it in the model I received.

After switching to RMS the vape taste and vapor are identical to my V2.

I put it back into its little black velvet bag, then into the box and gave it to Mrs. Wabbit to keep until Xmas. Boy will I be surprised :laugh:

If any of you order from Fairy-Gift (fairygift.com), just keep in mind that they do not update your order status in the "my account section" of the website. After an initial inquiry, they emailed me a tracking number which was dead on accurate. It appears it did not travel through Hong Kong but from Shenzhen Guangdong China via China Air Post with a US Postal Service Label direct to San Fransisco. Total time from placing my order to today was 10 days. Not too bad.

nightrider89

Apr 2, 2013
USA
been wanting to post in this section for awhile ever since this thread got started.

i spoke with a member from the ksd website. they said that fairy-gift is a reputable seller that they would recommend so if anyone here has any doubts about pulling the trigger, dont. haha but as we can see white already has his.

just wanted to put it out there

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey Vamo Fans, I just found this on Facebook for the Vamo V4, which is the V2 actual body with the V3 Chip. It differs from the V5 because it does not have the removable top but is a LOT cheaper. I don't know anything about the vendor.

vamo v4

Also I don't know about shipping costs or time. I paid $10 more for my V5.

Happy Vamo Vaping

The Wabbit

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Vamo V5 Report

View attachment 256927 View attachment 256928

My initial vape was very strong and I found out it was in AVG mode rather than RMS. I was under the impression that the new chip did away with AVG mode which was the old NO1 and produced a very strong vaping experience, but they retained it in the model I received.

That's weird as they did away with that mode in the V3.

darkmader

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2012
Minnesota
Just like others my V2 threads are getting stripped and the only thing that will connect somewhat are my protank 1&2 and no chance with a Iclear30 or the Vivi Nova.

So I saw the V5 is out and it got a few good reviews here but after I bought it from Fairy-gift ($50) I did a bit more research and a guy on youtube said the threads are bad and posted yesterday: By the way guys three weeks after I bought the v5 the threads to conect your tank stripped out and not from user error I was carefull it looks as if there made out of brass and with how fine there thats not a good thing... Just though ide let u know im sending it and wouldnt order another one.

Now I'm worried but I'll give it a shot anyways.

Last edited:

nightrider89

Apr 2, 2013
USA
hmm thats one thing i worried about with the vamo and seeing multiple stripped threading threads. But so many users here also dont report a problem? What could be the issue?

and looking forward to seeing your review on the vamo darkmader..? I might be purchasing it for myself as an early christmas gift but dunno if i should get it imported via fair gift or get one stateside

EDIT: sorry for my stupidity. i quick search on google told me VAMO + adaptor (either 510/ego to 510/ego or air controller) should fix this problem.

I feel like that should be a sticky on this thread. VAMO + necessary attachments for preventative measures or something of the sort. maybe a tips and tricks? =p

Last edited:

darkmader

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2012
Minnesota
Be careful with the 510 adapter because it can push your pin down if you tighten it too much as many others have reported. That happened to me on my V1 and then I was getting the OHM errors. It was living hell so then I did the whole deal with getting the right O ring to replace it and it was such a pain in the ... getting that ring in there that the pin broke so it went in the trash.

The V2 has held up well for maybe 4-5 months or so for me but I think I can pin point where both of the Vamo's that I owned had threading issues and that is when I dropped it with a vivi nova on it and it kind of jacked the threads as the nova was jammed in there and you almost had to take a pliers to take it out.

Well I have a V5 on the way and have a spare V2 that semi works but I was under the impression that the top comes off meaning you can just buy a new top that comes with fresh threads but I guess that's not the case and it's just a way of connecting different devices to it? I'll look into the air controller as I read about that today for the first time but it was out of stock at the place somebody linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread