New here and to E-Cigs!! I need you awesome peoples help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeler Girl

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Unfortunately..I have one last question... How do I tell... When browsing different cartomizers on different websites, what ones will fit my kgo and what ones wont?

Look for anything with 510 threading. Which will be most cartomizers you find. Or simply buy a clearo and a bottle of liquid.

It seems I'm going to have to fill my cartomizers with juice manually, everytime I search for cartomizers for kgo its just empty ones.. so how do i fill one myself? and most importantly really.. cause i can research that myself... how much do i put in?? and if im filling myself should i even use the cartomizer or do i use something else? ugh so confused... lol lord help me..

Edit:

sorry guys i'm like almost there to making my final decision, you all have been wonderful. But!! also!
how much will an average bottle of "e-juice" last me.. that is the most important question i have this far to me.. just became at least. compare as far as puffs or packs of cigarette wise

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
There are many diff threadings out there but basically the 510 is the most common- Kgo, eGo and pretty well all Mods (upgraded PVs/ personal vaporizers) are 510. Next is the 808- Smokeless Image, Bloog, Smoov, etc. Lastly 901.
If you really want a 510 in the cig size you could buy a 510 kit- batt mah- 90- 280 mah.

Unfortunately..I have one last question... How do I tell... When browsing different cartomizers on different websites, what ones will fit my kgo and what ones wont?

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
You can use cartomizers or clearomizers. My fave is the Mini Vivi Nova Rebuildable Tank 2.0- 2.5 ml. unscrew drip tip, fill, screw drip tip back on and vape. Here's a review. Make sure it's the MINI Vivi Nova- looks best on the smaller Kgo/ eGo PVs.
Vivi heads cheap ($2.00) and easy to change (10 secs)- head is wick+ coil)

It seems I'm going to have to fill my cartomizers with juice manually, everytime I search for cartomizers for kgo its just empty ones.. so how do i fill one myself? and most importantly really.. cause i can research that myself... how much do i put in?? and if im filling myself should i even use the cartomizer or do i use something else? ugh so confused... lol lord help me..

Edit:

sorry guys i'm like almost there to making my final decision, you all have been wonderful. But!! also!
how much will an average bottle of "e-juice" last me.. that is the most important question i have this far to me.. just became at least. compare as far as puffs or packs of cigarette wise

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
also! how much will an average bottle of "e-juice" last me.. that is the most important question i have this far to me.. just became at least. compare as far as puffs or packs of cigarette wise
Cartomizers start at 1 ml and go up in size to 5? ml. Your carts with the Blu prolly held 1 ml so if the cart lasted 1 day that 7 ml per week. 30 ml bottle of juice costs $10- $15 depending on where and what you buy. There's always some 10% sales going on. If using a tank count on using a little bit more but, for me, well worth the convenience.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/85781-deals-steals-968.html

You can use cartomizers or clearomizers. My fave is the Mini Vivi Nova Rebuildable Tank 2.0- 2.5 ml. unscrew drip tip, fill, screw drip tip back on and vape. Here's a review. Make sure it's the MINI Vivi Nova- looks best on the smaller Kgo/ eGo PVs.
Vivi heads cheap ($2.00) and easy to change (10 secs)- head is wick+ coil)

And where do I get this? and will certain cartomizers ruin my kgo at all?? or doesnt matter?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
You can either use cartomizers- 1.8- 2.4 ohms OR the Vivi Tank.

Different delivery systems:- note bolded Atty, Carto, etc is the abbreviated form

Atomizer/ Atty- an element on to which 3-4 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean. There are some diehard Atty users because it’s the best vape possible but very time consuming.

Cartridge/ Cart- a container with sponge (filled with juice) that is used with the Atty- juice drips on to Atty from filled cart and is vaporized- older outdated first “tank” system and prone to leaks unless the user is willing to buy extra seals and “fiddle” with them.

Cartomizer/ Carto- metal tube with stuffing and element. Holds anywhere form 1- 4 ml of juice. Carto is fully saturated and must be occasionally refilled when juice runs out. My Cartos last 1-2 weeks. Best Cartomizer I’ve found is the Smok Tech XL 1.7 single coil. Boge 2.0 ohm cartos will give a cooler vape. Always use single coil cartos with 3.3- 3.7 PVs for the best vape.

Carto+Tank- a Carto with a hole punched in it. Carto is than placed in a glass, metal or plastic tank which is filled with juice- juice saturates Carto by way of hole in Carto. My Cartos with a tank last, before tight draw occurs: light juices- 80-90 ml. dark juices- 50-60 ml.

Clearomizer (includes the Stardust and the Vivi Nova Tank)- a plastic or metal tank with a wick and element. Contains NO stuffing. The rebuildable clearos come with heads (coil+ wick) that can be cheaply and easily replaced. When the head burns out simply unscrew the old head out and screw in new head- takes 10 secs. My Vivi Nova heads are lasting about 4 weeks BUT I wash the heads every few days. I've found the Vivi Nova to give the best draw.

this is getting crazy lol.. now i have to buy that too in order to use cartomizers?

You can either use cartomizers- 1.8- 2.4 ohms OR the Vivi Tank.

Different delivery systems:- note bolded Atty, Carto, etc is the abbreviated form

Atomizer/ Atty- an element on to which 3-4 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean. There are some diehard Atty users because it’s the best vape possible but very time consuming.

Cartridge/ Cart- a container with sponge (filled with juice) that is used with the Atty- juice drips on to Atty from filled cart and is vaporized- older outdated first “tank” system and prone to leaks unless the user is willing to buy extra seals and “fiddle” with them.

Cartomizer/ Carto- metal tube with stuffing and element. Holds anywhere form 1- 4 ml of juice. Carto is fully saturated and must be occasionally refilled when juice runs out. My Cartos last 1-2 weeks. Best Cartomizer I’ve found is the Smok Tech XL 1.7 single coil. Boge 2.0 ohm cartos will give a cooler vape. Always use single coil cartos with 3.3- 3.7 PVs for the best vape.

Carto+Tank- a Carto with a hole punched in it. Carto is than placed in a glass, metal or plastic tank which is filled with juice- juice saturates Carto by way of hole in Carto. My Cartos with a tank last, before tight draw occurs: light juices- 80-90 ml. dark juices- 50-60 ml.

Clearomizer (includes the Stardust and the Vivi Nova Tank)- a plastic or metal tank with a wick and element. Contains NO stuffing. The rebuildable clearos come with heads (coil+ wick) that can be cheaply and easily replaced. When the head burns out simply unscrew the old head out and screw in new head- takes 10 secs. My Vivi Nova heads are lasting about 4 weeks BUT I wash the heads every few days. I've found the Vivi Nova to give the best draw.

Would it help if I told you I just bought this?

KGO kit1100mAh by SLB

Serendipitysrs2

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Indiana
Beginning to vape seems to be a progression for most people. Alot start with an ecig that looks like a real cigarette. I know for me the size kind of "fooled" me into thinking I was really smoking and it was really important. But I got really frustrated with constantly switching and charging batteries, etc. The pre-filled cartridge thing is a great starter point. It it easy to just plug on another pre-filled cart. But it gets expensive and has other drawbacks.

My advice (and this is how I did it) is to find a good company and stick with it initially. I personally found my vaping home at Totally Wicked E-liquid. (totallywickedeliquid.com). They have a great forum, awesome customer service, and all the supplies you need but without being overwhelming. I started with the Titan 510 (cigarette sized), then moved up to the Tornado (otherwise known as the Ego on other sites, bigger, not not too big, longer battery life, a bit more power) when I was ready for the next step. The Tornado twist with a tank is likely the next logical step. TW's forum is fabulous for beginners. There is so much info here and on the web and so many options it is really confusing starting out. Totally Wicked is also great for answering your questions. You can call and talk to them and they will explain everything! I would never have figured all of this out if I had tried to do too much web shopping. Too confusing.

Take it at your own pace, start small, build up, and figure out what works best for you. It is a process that takes some time, especially if you do not know anyone else who is vaping and you can't physically hold the different models and play with the different options. If you have a smoke shop that carries a decent variety of ecig stuff near you, that would be a great place to start so you can actually see and hold and play with stuff.

Stick with it, it will all make sense eventually!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I guarantee once you have your PV all this babble- talk will make sense. As for juice that's prolly the toughest part as we all have diff tastes.
Best to buy samples to find your likes and dislikes. When I first began vaping I bought 30 wide ranging samples. Out of those 30 I liked 10. Immediately ordered another 20 and out of those I liked 10…so out 50 different flavors I enjoyed 20. Months later I tried those 30 samples that I disliked and enjoyed all but one. Whether it was because my tastes had changed or they needed steeping I don’t know. Realize also "same name" juices will vary greatly in taste from vendor to vendor as they all have diff recipes and order ingredients from diff Suppliers. If I had bought all 50 samples in 30 ml bottles it would have cost me, at the time, about $750. Those 50 samples ended up only costing $150.00 which was quite a bit cheaper than buying 30 ml bottles. Count on maybe 30 ml per week...that's a conservative estimate and like I said i Blu cart= 1 ml so you could estimate from that.
Best of Luck and congrats on buying a solid PV.

How much will a good months worth of e-juice cost me? really quick so I can put money on a card at the store.. i want to be prepared so when i get back i can go shopping for what i need? :)

amaggarw

Moved On
Jan 25, 2012
Chicago
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Rules...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread