NEW TO E CIGS - purchased a Smokeless Image VOLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
Hello Everyone!

This is officially my first post and I have quite a few questions. So happy to this join this group! :p

I did a lot of research through this forum and yesterday I purchased the Volt Premium Starter kit. I also got 4 packs of pre-filled cartomizers and an extra battery.

A little about me first. I smoke on average about 15 analog cigs a day (usually Marlboro Lights and Camel Filters). Thats about 105 analog cigs a week at around $6 per pack. $30 per week and $120 per month. Geesh! Definitely one of the main reasons I decided to switch to E cigs; trying to save some money along with saving my health. My buddy turned me on to E Cgis the other day when he came over with a Blu ecig pack. I took a few puffs, tryed some different flavors, and loved it! I decided I needed to get myself one of these. But I'm the type of person that sometimes goes overboard with research and after weighing out all the options, prices, bells and whistles, etc. I ended up going with Smokeless Image Volt.

I basically just want to list the questions that I've had and try to keep it short and sweet.

1.) Basically every post I read, people use e liquid and blank or clear carts instead of pre-filled carts. Since I'm very new to all this I was wondering how much more money you save going the e liquid route and filling the carts up yourself. It just seems intimidating and alot of work to me so I decided to start off with pre-filled carts. (Plus there are like a million different liquid nic brands that people suggest)

2.) If anyone has experience with a SI Volt, can you tell me how long each pre-filled cartomizer may last me? Ive read anywhere from 5-20 cigs per cart. That is a big range! (the 4 SI packs I ordered were 3 sampler packs and a vanilla)

3.) is the SI Volt compatible with other prefilled carts? could I browse any other websites that have a wider selection of flavors for pre-filled carts?

4.) any other suggestions or comments are always welcome. I'm sure I'll think of 20 more questions the second after I post this but its a good start!

Thanks!

panhandleguy

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2012
fl panhandle
Hello Everyone!

This is officially my first post and I have quite a few questions. So happy to this join this group! :p

I did a lot of research through this forum and yesterday I purchased the Volt Premium Starter kit. I also got 4 packs of pre-filled cartomizers and an extra battery.

A little about me first. I smoke on average about 15 analog cigs a day (usually Marlboro Lights and Camel Filters). Thats about 105 analog cigs a week at around $6 per pack. $30 per week and $120 per month. Geesh! Definitely one of the main reasons I decided to switch to E cigs; trying to save some money along with saving my health. My buddy turned me on to E Cgis the other day when he came over with a Blu ecig pack. I took a few puffs, tryed some different flavors, and loved it! I decided I needed to get myself one of these. But I'm the type of person that sometimes goes overboard with research and after weighing out all the options, prices, bells and whistles, etc. I ended up going with Smokeless Image Volt.

I basically just want to list the questions that I've had and try to keep it short and sweet.

1.) Basically every post I read, people use e liquid and blank or clear carts instead of pre-filled carts. Since I'm very new to all this I was wondering how much more money you save going the e liquid route and filling the carts up yourself. It just seems intimidating and alot of work to me so I decided to start off with pre-filled carts. (Plus there are like a million different liquid nic brands that people suggest)

Refilling your cartos is very economical and easy. SI has excellent liquids. There is a video on there webpage showing how to fill them. Don't worry you can do it and save money.

2.) If anyone has experience with a SI Volt, can you tell me how long each pre-filled cartomizer may last me? Ive read anywhere from 5-20 cigs per cart. That is a big range! (the 4 SI packs I ordered were 3 sampler packs and a vanilla)

I started out with a Volt and the prefilled would last half a day or so. I was a heavy smoker. Adding a few drops to it 3-4 times a day was really no problem.

3.) is the SI Volt compatible with other prefilled carts? could I browse any other websites that have a wider selection of flavors for pre-filled carts?

I am sure there are others, but I have only used products from smokeless image.

I
4.) any other suggestions or comments are always welcome. I'm sure I'll think of 20 more questions the second after I post this but its a good start!

The Volt x2 with a clearomizer has been working well for me.
Thanks!

Hope that you enjoy your Volt

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi welcome to ECF and congrats.
Basically every post I read, people use e liquid and blank or clear carts instead of pre-filled carts. Since I'm very new to all this I was wondering how much more money you save going the e liquid route and filling the carts up yourself
Prefilled carts- most expensive
blank carts and fill your own- cheaper
DIY your own juice= cheapest.
Now using a clearomizer but when I was using a cartomizer + tank cost for carto and juice was about $2.00 per week. Understand though I only buy when there are deep discount sales.
In regards to juice prolly a good idea to search ECF or buy sample packs.
Good Luck.

wseyller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Hendersonville NC
I don't know how much liquid is in your prefilled cartomizers. But if you do not fill your own that means you are tossing the cartomizer each time it gets empty or tasting dry. The cost you would probably save with filling yourself is the fact that you can reuse your cartomizer for about a week to week and a half. Even then you could possibly clean it and then get more life out of it. The cost of good cartomizers are about 6 or 7 dollars a 5 pack (some vendors give you a free 5ml of juice when you buy a 5 pack).

Prefilled: the largest cost is in the cartomizer.

fill your own: the largest cost will be the juice. probably about 30 to 50 cents more or less to fill a standard size cartomizer. $1 to $1.5 dollars for a cartomizers that you can refill many times.

BTW: your friend is going to realize how horrible is Blu is if you let him try your volt.

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Hello Everyone!

Thanks!

Welcome new voltie. I am a loyal volt user and think its a great product and more importantly great company with awesome customer service. Before I answer your questions, I wanted to let you know, if you go to the SI subforum on here, under stickies, you will see a promo called faces of volt. If you post a picture of yourself with your volt, they will send you a free battery, bottle of juice or pack of cartos. Now for the questions.

1. It is very easy to fill your cartomizers. To me, the easiest method is the condom fill. Just fill one of the condoms halfway with juice and slowly push the cartomizer back into it (I do it from the mouthpiece side with the end cap removed). You can also drip into the top and there is a video on the SI website on how to do it.
It is much cheaper. If you are using SI juices, it will cost you between 20-30cents to refill it. If you are using an SI juice, instead of buying blank cartomizers, buy a set that's prefilled when you buy a bottle of juice, then you get 5ml for free. The SI cartomizers last a long time. I have been using the same 2 mint prefilled cartomizers for a month now and I refill them every day.

2. On average, you will get the equivalent of 6-10 analogs worth of puffs on each cartomizer, it all depends on how you vape. You can just top off the cartomizer by putting a few drops of juice in it throughout the day. That is not the equivalent of nicotine, as it depends on the strength of juice you bought. Remember this, the average analog delivers 1-2mg of absorbed nicotine to you. No one know exactly how much you absorb from vaping, but it is estimated at 30-50%. So, if you are vaping 12mg juice, you will absorb 4-6 mg of nicotine per ml you vape. The 12mg is how much nicotine is in 1ml, so that's the most you could possibly absorb.

3. They are compatible with 808 prefilled cartos, but you will find that the other "good" 808 companies are more expensive. Bloog and halo sell the same exact setup but they charge alot more, the vapor 4 life uses 808 cartos, but they are not as good. The volt cartos are bottom coil, so they last longer and don't burn as easy. I have used the v4l cartos, but they are finicky and have to be tossed quicker. If you want to try other juices, the best way and cheapest way is to buy a set of blanks from SI and buy the bottles of juice from the other companies. I can send you some good companies with awesome coupons and free bottle deals.

4. Suggestions, don't let your prefilled cartos run completely dry. The moment it gets too airy, or lacks vapor, or tastes burnt, fill it or change it. If you burn it, you will never get rid of that taste and the carto will be junk. When it gets airy or low on vapor, check the battery first, if it's fully charged, the carto is almost empty. In my expereince, the SI batteries will not produce as much vapor for the last 5-8 puffs of the battery charge.

Also, the people of the SI subforum are awesome. Check it out. IMAGINE works for SI and runs the subforum. If you have problems or questions, ask imagine.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
By the way, I started with blu and switched to the volt after a week because of quality, battery life and expense. You made the right decision going with the volt over the blu.

I would stay away from DIY juice until you have some experience. High strength nicotine can be dangerous to work with. There are a number of companies that sell juice inexpensively and even a few that give away free bottles. Even the SI juice is about 46cents per ml without a coupon, and they always have 10-15% off coupons

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
By the way, I started with blu and switched to the volt after a week because of quality, battery life and expense. You made the right decision going with the volt over the blu.

I would stay away from DIY juice until you have some experience. High strength nicotine can be dangerous to work with. There are a number of companies that sell juice inexpensively and even a few that give away free bottles. Even the SI juice is about 46cents per ml without a coupon, and they always have 10-15% off coupons

Everyone thank you so so much for the input! I really appreciate it!

Mroutlaw,

It would be awesome if you could pm with some websites and things to get me started in the right direction for juices. Hopefully I'll be getting my Volt tomorrow and can try it out a for a days with the pre-filled carts. And in the meantime explore what kind of juices I want.

What do you mean by DIY (do it yourself) juice?

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
As soon as you get 5 posts, I send it to you.

Yes, DIY mean do it yourself juice. Some people mix their own flavors, nicotine and pg/vg. You can create custom flavors and it is cheaper. It will cost about 10cents a ml, but you have to buy all the ingredients. There's nothing wrong with it, for me personally though, it's too much work and I don't want to take the chance with high strength nicotine laying around. I figure I save enough money buying juice and using blank cartos and clearos. After all, I was spending $6-$7 per pack on analogs, so if I pay $10-$12 for a 30ml bottle of juice that lasts me 10-14 days, I'm way ahead

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
Gotcha Mroutlaw. Thanks again.

I watched the video on SI on how the lady fills her own carts. So basically All I need is to order the SI 30ml bottles and i can put some drops in when the pref-illed carts of the same flavor get low, right?

And I can also buy the blank carts and just start filling them I assume. Not sure if anyone mentioned yet, but how long or how many times can you continue to refill on blank cart? Like if I had a vanilla 30ml bottle with one blank cart, how many times till you should replace that blank?

wseyller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Hendersonville NC
Gotcha Mroutlaw. Thanks again.

I watched the video on SI on how the lady fills her own carts. So basically All I need is to order the SI 30ml bottles and i can put some drops in when the pref-illed carts of the same flavor get low, right?

And I can also buy the blank carts and just start filling them I assume. Not sure if anyone mentioned yet, but how long or how many times can you continue to refill on blank cart? Like if I had a vanilla 30ml bottle with one blank cart, how many times till you should replace that blank?

You can buy juice or carto from many vendors.

You will tell when the flavors just don't taste as good or your vapor production weakens

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Ok, here's the key to the volt juice and cartos.

SI sells the blank cartos for the same price as the prefilled. So if you are going to fill them with smokeless image juice, I suggest buying a pack of the prefilled cartos in the same flavor. Doing it this way gives you 5ml for free. Then you just refill them with that juice. You don't really want to refill with a different juice because you will get a crossover of flavor. There are a couple of exceptions though. I had a mint flavored carto and refilled with the ice menthol. Since they were both mint, there was no real crossover of taste, by the second fill, the original mint was gone. I have done that with watermelon to grape too. Flavors like coffee, tobacco, mint and chocolate will always stick around a little. Use the blanks to fill with other companies juices.

The volt cartomizers last a long time so long as you don't let them dry out and burn. If you use higher vg juices, they will need to be cleaned or tossed faster since vg is thick and it clogs up the filler. The SI juices only have 10% vg so you can refill several times. I have been using the same 2 cartomizers for my mint, and the same two for my watermelon and grape for a month now. Gone through about 20ml of each flavor in each carto (so I have refilled about 15-20 times on each cartomizer) and they are still working well. I have only tossed out 1 volt cartomizer in a month and that's because I sucked it dry and burnt it. If you burn it, you will never get rid of that taste. I do not clean them either. I have no intention on boiling them and stuff. All I do is occasionally clean the threads. I figure I get 10 uses out of one, thats $1-$1.50 and well worth it.

For mixing nic levels, it will be difficult to lower what's already in the cartomizer, but as you use it and drip some new stuff in it, the nic level will lower. If you have a 30 ml of 6mg nic, get a 30ml bottle of 0nic and combine, you will get 60ml of 3mg nic.

At 6mg you should be fine. You would have to vape the entire carto at once to get close to the nic level in 2-3 full strength analogs. You're not going to vape an entire carto in 10 min are you? I vape pretty heavy using about 3-4ml a day sometimes more. It takes me at least 2hours to suck a carto dry if vape it like an analog and never put it down. I use 1-2 cartos during the day and 1.5-2ml a night in my clearomizers

wseyller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Hendersonville NC
Awesome :laugh:

I saw one of your other psots recommending VapeDudes e juices. I didnt realize with ablank carto you have access to all those flavors. This just got so much sweeter than I even thought was possible!!!!

Thank you

The flavor possibilities are literally endless

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I know. I like Vapedudes. I have tried juices from several vendors and Vapedudes is my favorite. As much as I love the volt juices, they don't have desert type flavors. My go to juices for SI are mint and ice menthol, classic grape and watermelon. Though I really don't vape tobacco flavors much, their ry4 is good, and I use it in the morning or to cleanse my pallet of the sweet stuff.

Vapedudes buttery nipple, spearmint, appletini and banana cream are awesome. I always order 70pg/30vg and it has not clogged my cartos. I have refilled at least 10 times and the cartos still vape well.

I have never had to steep a Vapedudes juice either. They have been awesome right out of the mail and have gotten better after a few days. I always add extra flavor shots so sometimes it takes a couple of days for the extra flavor to steep in.

Last edited:

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Hi and welcome to another Buckeye! In the general e cig area, there are 100's of posts about e juice vendors and favorites. There are sooo many flavors and vendors to choose from that your biggest chore will be to find a trusted vendor and a few flavors that you like enough to vape all day. I prefer tobacco flavors like RY4, some people like dessert flavors, others menthol. You'll need to try some to find what's good for you. Good luck!

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I would use the blank cartos ... No way I would spend the money for them to fill the carts 1/4 of the way up.

I agree teamscon, however smokeless image sells their prefilled for the same price as the blanks. So if you are going to fill them with the same juice, you might as well buy a prefilled carto as well. I wouldn't buy a prefilled set if they were more money. But if it's $1,50 for a blank and $1.50 for a prefilled ry4 and you are going to fill it with ry4, why waste the blank one, save it for a different juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread