Need Homemade Vape Juice Help

foxfiresue

Mar 3, 2024
I’ve been making my own vape juice for almost 10 years, same recipe, without issue. But something odd happened with the last batch I made about a week ago. When I put it in the tank and inhaled, there was little to no throat hit and almost no smoke. At first I thought it might be that the coil needed to be replaced but before doing that, I dumped the new juice out of the tank and put in the small amount of juice that I had left from my prior batch. It was fine.
Something is not right with the new batch (although I’m quite sure I mixed the ingredients in the right amounts), but I have no idea what would cause that. My recipe uses a 50/50 pg/vg ratio (pg in the nicotine is included in that calculation).

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this happened? Appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
Sue

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Hi Sue, and welcome to the ECF :)

I’ve been making my own vape juice for almost 10 years, same recipe, without issue. But something odd happened with the last batch I made about a week ago. When I put it in the tank and inhaled, there was little to no throat hit and almost no smoke. At first I thought it might be that the coil needed to be replaced but before doing that, I dumped the new juice out of the tank and put in the small amount of juice that I had left from my prior batch. It was fine.
Something is not right with the new batch (although I’m quite sure I mixed the ingredients in the right amounts), but I have no idea what would cause that. My recipe uses a 50/50 pg/vg ratio (pg in the nicotine is included in that calculation).

Thanks,
Sue

Have you recently replaced any ingredients?

Did you use PG based nic salts in the new batch versus freebase? Nic salts have little to no throat hit.

You mentioned changing your coil, trying the old batch and it was fine. Have you since tried the new batch with the new coil? If not, try that, it might vape fine.

As David suggested, the simplest solution would be to mix a small amount (5ml or 10ml), test that, then see where you stand. If it vapes as you normally expect, then you know a mistake was made with the latest batch.

Good luck!

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023

Thanks,
Sue
Sounds like the base change. The whole advantage of VG is it produces massive amounts of pseudo smoke. It’s what they use in fog machines for bands

tanneck

Feb 29, 2024
down south
watched Tracker last night and can see the clues now,with my new skills.the mix was swapped,can you see the clues?
1709575396323.png

• Haha
Reactions: DPLongo22

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It's only been 2.5 days.

This old thread makes me wonder if someone in OP's home played a practical joke and added a massive amount of water to OP's PG bottle :lol:. Funny, but not funny.

Or maybe they used new PG bought from an unscrupulous source that cut it with a lot of water. Never know.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    that headshot, is the "Tracker" he can see clues others don't. here is a fictitous clue for this thread. View attachment 1009152 do you see what happened to the mix?
    Ah. Never saw that show. It’s a fairly standard trope though. There was another which was a buddy comedy too where the “tracker” suffered from hyper vigilance. Ace Ventura pet detective was a movie on that line too.

UPDATE: remembered the name of that show “Psych” or some such

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread