Help a newbie out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepsmoke94

Aug 4, 2015
So I'm fairly new to the whole vape scene. A vape pen was given to me as a gift and I've been doing a small bit of researching on the difference between pg and vg. I'm wondering if vg can be substituted for vegetable oil, or can vegetable oil be converted into vg...don't want to .... my vape up and I really don't feel the need to buy juice when it can be so cheaply made... Help?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome to the board. No, please don't vape oil, it's very bad for you. You can make your own juice-- I do-- but you need to use the right components. Besides, both PG and VG are cheaper than vegetable oil anyway. What costs is the nicotine and the flavorings. Many people vape unflavored. VG itself is naturally sweet.

Deepsmoke94

Aug 4, 2015
Hi and welcome to the board. No, please don't vape oil, it's very bad for you. You can make your own juice-- I do-- but you need to use the right components. Besides, both PG and VG are cheaper than vegetable oil anyway. What costs is the nicotine and the flavorings. Many people vape unflavored. VG itself is naturally sweet.
I've just run out of the juice it came with and I've yet to refill it, especially with anything homemade, because I don't want to .... it up...I'm not interested too much in nicotine, just flavor. How would you recommend I whip something up for cheap?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I've just run out of the juice it came with and I've yet to refill it, especially with anything homemade, because I don't want to .... it up...I'm not interested too much in nicotine, just flavor. How would you recommend I whip something up for cheap?
Try going to walmart, where they dell both PG and VG. Mix it 50/50 and give it a try.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

vg is glycerine.
you can get it at the pharmacy.

add 10% water to make it thinner

Deepsmoke94

Aug 4, 2015
Alright will do. Ok so flavors. I crammed on that part... I like creamy flavors, when I smoked cigars raspberry cream was my all time favorite. How would I mimic that flavor or come to something similar. How long should I steep? Or should I be breathing or streething (sure I butchered that but I'm trying lol)? I just want the best flavor for what I'm doing

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Alright will do. Ok so flavors. I crammed on that part... I like creamy flavors, when I smoked cigars raspberry cream was my all time favorite. How would I mimic that flavor or come to something similar. How long should I steep? Or should I be breathing or streething (sure I butchered that but I'm trying lol)? I just want the best flavor for what I'm doing
now that is where it gets a little complicated... lol ... mixing juice is definitely cheaper - but you either have to find recipes you like or tinker around till you develop them... and the steeping part is a whole 'nother enchilada

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Yup, over in the baking section. It's used as a base for sauces. I suppose not all WM's will have it.

Yeah, especially the Wal Mart's in this hillbilly area I live in... They never have most anything when I am looking for something. I was shocked when I discovered they actually carried VG.

Reactions: suprtrkr
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread