Homemade E-Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Im looking in to making my own e-juice with just USP Vegetable Glycerin. I have a kanger protank 2 mini and I know that just glycerin alone would be too thick for my current vape. I read that if your going to do your own juice you should put distilled water in with the glycerin. What would happen if I put tap water in with the glycerin? Any help is greatly appreciated!:vapor:

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
It's amazing to me that people used to put God knows what in their lungs from a cigarette but now we will not use tap water.

Yes, tap water has more stuff than distilled water and coils might last longer, not very much, if they do not get a coating of minerals from the water. Why stop at distilled? After distillation there is some stuff still in the water. Deionize the water to get rid of even more stuff.

On the other hand I probably inhale more water when my body forgets what it's doing and I breath while drinking a glass of water.

None of the stuff we use is tested for inhalation. Will inhaling a few milliliters of water hurt you? Who knows but distilled water is cheap and easy to get so why not?

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
I think it has more to do with the tap water doing something to the coils and changing the flavor then health reasons.

I have no experience with tap water but I have had certain flavorings totally coat my coils with carbon leaving them in a mess. wish I took a pic... it was really bad, I even thought my coils melted and fused together but that was not the case. It was all carbon from that flavoring.

Last edited:

catsitter

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2014
Massapequa Park, NY, USA
I read somewhere on here that it was primarily an issue of not coating your lungs with a layer of minerals, and yeah, yeah, we all did a lot worse to ourselves before we quit smoking, but the point of this exercise is harm reduction, is it not? So reduce it where you can. What the heck, as they said, distilled water's cheap and it's one less bad thing to do to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread