My Darwin was STOLEN :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkhalis

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
LibertariaNate's right on that one, it just uses mini-USB. As for the battery replacement I will look in to it. I highly doubt it though, it was one of the original few released. It was probably time to upgrade for the new arm and whatnot anyhow. My Darwin went through the paces that's for sure. The button was a little wonkey and the arm was loose. As was mentioned earlier, this just gives me an excuse to buy something new lol.

I have a specific outlook on stolen goods. If that person finds they love the Darwin, and it saves them from cancer in the future, I consider it a good investment. Perhaps they will use it to get off cigarettes which will improve their self worth. After their self esteem improves, perhaps they will go on to be a great person later in life. I say, keep my Darwin, and I hope it helps you. As for me, I get a new toy! Just have to find one now lol

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
LibertariaNate's right on that one, it just uses mini-USB. As for the battery replacement I will look in to it. I highly doubt it though, it was one of the original few released. It was probably time to upgrade for the new arm and whatnot anyhow. My Darwin went through the paces that's for sure. The button was a little wonkey and the arm was loose. As was mentioned earlier, this just gives me an excuse to buy something new lol.

I have a specific outlook on stolen goods. If that person finds they love the Darwin, and it saves them from cancer in the future, I consider it a good investment. Perhaps they will use it to get off cigarettes which will improve their self worth. After their self esteem improves, perhaps they will go on to be a great person later in life. I say, keep my Darwin, and I hope it helps you. As for me, I get a new toy! Just have to find one now lol

Here, here!

The view from the high road is always bigger, brighter and better!

(silence for loss) …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Cardslinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2011
Sanford, Fl
Here, here!

The view from the high road is always bigger, brighter and better!

(silence for loss) …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
IMO the guy that stole this knew what he was stealing & he knew the value of what he stole.
Just your common everyday ....... & once a ....... always a ........ So lets hope he does not go on to bigger & better things.
Sorry for your loss

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
<snip>

Well. 1) That really rots. Sorry it happened. 2) Some people never learn and just keep stealing. 3) However, on the off chance that he has a change of heart or avoids cancer... you are ONE COOL DUDE for posting that. You're a decent fellow anyway. Kind of offsets him.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Yes, yes yes YES yes! Good job! I love your positive attitude and your own self worth! This is so true and such a statement about life. Good for you and thank you for reminding us all. Hope you get and love your new toy soon!

Oh, and about this "eGO-T's and similar products with lifetime warranties" ? Lifetime? Mine or theirs.

Arkhalis

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Oh, and about this "eGO-T's and similar products with lifetime warranties" ? Lifetime? Mine or theirs.

Hah! Good question! Seriously though, long enough for vapers to realize they want more than an eGo-T and start delving in to mods. I don't even use mine anymore - only my various mods, tanks, cartos, LR atomizers, etc. If you decide to take advantage of it for long enough though, I would assume it's whichever life ends first, yours or the business lol.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
the only thing that comes to my mind is HOLY .....! I can't BELIEVE I just read that. out of your HAND!!!! thats insaaaane. I mean, I live in a poverty strucken town. If I brought my laptop to the mall, set it down to charge outside of the coffee beanery, and came out a minute later, it'd be gone, but OUT OF YOUR HAND IN A PUBLIC SPACE!? He was ASKING for a prison sentence???? If there are indoor smoking bans in your area... what could of gone through his mind? I can only think of the following:

A. I HATE smokers and this girl has the BALLS to smoke in my favorite bar? I'll rip that thing right out of her hand!
B. OH ..... A $250 DARWIN?? I've ALWAYS wanted one of those!! Thats MINE!
C. A ......... vaporizer! And its already got some in it!? I'm getting high for free tonight!
D. I can git some money fo' dis!

Arkhalis

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
I really love the community here! This probably deserves it's own thread, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone! Since this incident, many people have reached out to let me know a Darwin is for sale in the classifieds, or to help me get a good replacement. Thanks for all your help everyone! I will be holding off on replacing my Darwin for a bit, can't really afford a new one until someone decides to hire me (laid off not too long ago). However, with the help of the ECF classifieds I have managed to get a nice variable voltage, dual 18650, bottom feeder. I plan on using this for a while, never owned a bottom fed mod before. - However, once I have the cash, I will be back in the market for a new Darwin that's for sure... I miss it so much /sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread