Status
Not open for further replies.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
man thats to bad to hear. hopefully it came together for you finally. like amanda said sometimes it still needs a day or 2 to relax a little like with the UC but honestly Ill vape them soon as it hits room temp and are all still good. maybe some recipes just are not meant for it lol. but really that sucks havent really heard any negative results.

All is not lost. I just tried the liquid again and it's getting a little better. Pewww, I thought I had ruined all 15 bottles ... But for first timers like myself, it's probably best if they try just one bottle to see how it goes. Thank you and Amanda both.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
man thats to bad to hear. hopefully it came together for you finally. like amanda said sometimes it still needs a day or 2 to relax a little like with the UC but honestly Ill vape them soon as it hits room temp and are all still good. maybe some recipes just are not meant for it lol. but really that sucks havent really heard any negative results.

BTW, it's nice of you to call her hot even though she calls you nerd :)

disco180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
New York
All is not lost. I just tried the liquid again and it's getting a little better. Pewww, I thought I had ruined all 15 bottles ... But for first timers like myself, it's probably best if they try just one bottle to see how it goes. Thank you and Amanda both.

You have to also remember just like with the UC that the viscosity of the liquid changes because of the heat...you have to wait until it actually settles, the more VG in your mix the longer it takes to gel back together.

Merryhellion

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Burlington, WI, USA
If you look, you can find yourself a crock pot with a "roast rack" (designed to let the fat run without steeping the meat in it while cooking large hunks of beast). That should give your stuff enough lift off direct contact with the bottom of the crockpot to assist in even heating without hot spots from the heating element.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
lol thx , just out of curiosity what flavors are you using in the CP ?

Just on the top of my head I am mixing the following flavors, mostly tobaccos:

Hangsen RY1, Mild, Arabic, Turkish, Turkish+Vanilla, Turkish+Cocoa
TFA Double RY4, Chai
FA Royal Tobacco, 7Leaves, Latakia,Perique, Oba Oba, Virginia, Virginia+Perique(recommended by we2Rcool, one of my favorite chefs )
Plus a couple of fruits recommended by HIC - BlackCurrant and White Peach by FA.
I am also steeping some tobacco Absolute to be added to some of the above tobaccos. Tough to figure out what % works best.

My absolute favorite is 7Leaves - a blend of 7 different tobaccos. I also like Royal which I mixed at 2.5% and turned out excellent but a bit too light. Upped it to 3% and waiting for results.

Last edited:

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
man all flavors I know nothing about. lol.I tried tobacco once and gave up . just dont like them. the FA white peach tho doesnt really need steeped in my opinion.. I vaped some today. mixed it up and gave it about 5 mins in hot rice shook it , let it sit about 30 mins and vaped away. super good. was just talking about white peach today. taste like a fresh crisp peach. probably the same with the black currant
Just on the top of my head I am mixing the following flavors, mostly tobaccos:

Hangsen RY1, Mild, Arabic, Turkish, Turkish+Vanilla, Turkish+Cocoa
TFA Double RY4, Chai
FA Royal Tobacco, 7Leaves, Latakia,Perique, Oba Oba, Virginia, Virginia+Perique(recommended by we2Rcool, one of my favorite chefs )
Plus a couple of fruits recommended by HIC - BlackCurrant and White Peach by FA.
I am also steeping some tobacco Absolute to be added to some of the above tobaccos. Tough to figure out what % works best.

My absolute favorite is 7Leaves - a blend of 7 different tobaccos. I also like Royal which I mixed at 2.5% and turned out excellent but a bit too light. Upped it to 3% and waiting for results.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
man all flavors I know nothing about. lol.I tried tobacco once and gave up . just dont like them. the FA white peach tho doesnt really need steeped in my opinion.. I vaped some today. mixed it up and gave it about 5 mins in hot rice shook it , let it sit about 30 mins and vaped away. super good. was just talking about white peach today. taste like a fresh crisp peach. probably the same with the black currant

Absolutely right about white peach. It's yummy and doesn't need steeping. It has good flavor even at 2%. HIC has a recipe for white Irish Peach here
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-irish-peach-cocktail-inspired-major-yum.html

I intend to try it soon. Do you use cooked rice or just heat the uncooked? I was thinking about using heated sand the same way. Sand keeps heat for a long time if wrapped properly in thick cloth (from an old jean for example)

Edit: I see you've already seen HIC's peach recipe..... So never mind. I recognize that avatar anywhere.

Last edited:

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I tried a vanilla/turkish and couldn't taste the turkish, even weeks later. Let me know how yours turns out?

That's strange. What % did you use? I use 4.5% Turkish from HS and wait a minimum of 2 weeks. Optimal is a month. If your flavoring is too dark that means it's past it's expiration date. It should be medium yellow. I have also heard too much flavoring will kill the flavor. As for Turkish/vanilla I've tried it before and it's a very nice vape, 4.5% and 2% respectively. I use HS vanilla, and it also needs a steep. Tastes like butter initially.

Last edited:

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
Edit: I see you've already seen HIC's peach recipe..... So never mind. I recognize that avatar anywhere.
lol ya I follow HIC around like a lost puppy most the time lol.... I actually use a sock filled with rice. Ive done this for years as a heating pad. I started a thread about it here one time with the title "rice" anyways your sand and jeans is basically the same and would work. I filled a long sock with rice and tied the top. plop it in the microwave for a min and a half - 2 mins them wrap it around the bottle. works good for stuff that just needs mixed well if you dont want to drag out everything in the kitchen. 5 mins in the sock shake it up . let it sit till room temp and vape away.

edit ........ yup white peach 2% is perfect for me.

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
That's strange. What % did you use? I use 4.5% Turkish from HS and wait a minimum of 2 weeks. Optimal is a month. If your flavoring is too dark that means it's past it's expiration date. It should be medium yellow. I have also heard too much flavoring will kill the flavor. As for Turkish/vanilla I've tried it before and it's a very nice vape, 4.5% and 2% respectively. I use HS vanilla, and it also needs a steep. Tastes like butter initially.

HS vanilla is one of the few vanillas I dont have.... how is it compared to others ? last night just for fun I took 13 different vanillas and added one drop of each in 5ml of juice and put it in the ultrasonic for 4 hours last night ( the little bottle I used was to small for crock pot ) ,getting ready to taste it in awhile.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
HS vanilla is one of the few vanillas I dont have.... how is it compared to others ? last night just for fun I took 13 different vanillas and added one drop of each in 5ml of juice and put it in the ultrasonic for 4 hours last night ( the little bottle I used was to small for crock pot ) ,getting ready to taste it in awhile.

My experience in vanilla is limited to HS and Bavarian Cream (if that can even be considered a Vanilla). All I know Danny45 recommended the HS, and I assume he has compared it to many other vanillas.Don't care too much about the Bavarian because it tastes like almond to me. But I forgot what brand it is because I bought it from Vaping Zone and sometimes they carry their own brand. Anyone else experience the almond taste in Bavarian Cream?

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas

I purchased and it smells like a heavy dose of Diacetyl to me. I won't vape it without seeing an analysis. Still trying to find any such information for Hangsen.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I purchased and it smells like a heavy dose of Diacetyl to me. I won't vape it without seeing an analysis. Still trying to find any such information for Hangsen.

Is there a characteristic taste/smell associated with Diacetyl? I detect a taste of butter in HS vanilla and wondering if it has anything to do with Diacetyle.

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
Is there a characteristic taste/smell associated with Diacetyl? I detect a taste of butter in HS vanilla and wondering if it has anything to do with Diacetyle.
its very distinct. if you have had capellas vanilla custard then thats the taste. so good mmmm lol... these days tho it kinda makes my stomach turn now that Ive cut it out of my mixes for so long. thick and buttery. one of my favorite flavors but have finally gotten away from it and others like it. sad sad sad. lol. Ill vape it on occasion but not alot and cant do it all day anymore because of the stomach thing

thanks for the heads up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread