Mech or TC mods for price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
so I was planning on getting the snow wolf 200wat mod but seeing as I'm fairly short on cash and want to get a new mod before DIY juicing idk if that will happen my juices are depleting pretty fast ever since I got my goblin mini.

I'm getting paid next week Friday don't think I will have enough for the snow wolf so I was wondering if a mech mod is worth buying for it's price or is it a smarter purchase to simply wait it out and buy the snow wolf? I'm not vaping anything at a high wattage at the moment so my mod can handle but it is so tiny in my hand makes it feel a bit weird imo.

it's either a mech mod, wait for snow wolf, or simply DIY juices and then save for the snow wolf. any opinions welcomed?

Rickw57

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2015
Haarlem
Why would you even consider a snow wolf when you don't vape at high wattage? I don't know at what wattage you DO vape, but let's say you don't go above 100watts, why not consider getting yourself an istick 100watt? Plenty of power for a fraction of the Snowwolf's price (iirc)

Fasttech is selling the istick 100watt for 35 bucks. That's less than half of how much the snow wolf is.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
Why would you even consider a snow wolf when you don't vape at high wattage? I don't know at what wattage you DO vape, but let's say you don't go above 100watts, why not consider getting yourself an istick 100watt? Plenty of power for a fraction of the Snowwolf's price (iirc)

Fasttech is selling the istick 100watt for 35 bucks. That's less than half of how much the snow wolf is.

because I do want to get to high wattage vaping. I am fairly new and still learning but don't want to buy tons of mods like 60watts to 100 watts to 150 and so forth I want something to simply just hit 200watts or know it can when I do decide to hit 150. I'm not the type of person to constantly be buying mods I'm not into collecting mods as I am RTA and RDA's so i'd rather spend the money on those rather then mods and some of those are pretty pricey for the authentic ones not a huge fan of clones unless they prove to be better then the originals which some do.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Honestly, I'd start to DIY. Save a ton of money on e-juice. Skip buying a mod. You have a tank, you have a mod to run the tank. In my opinion, it's not smart to buy a mod when you're relying on a paycheck to buy the mod when you still have a working one already.

Rickw57

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2015
Haarlem
because I do want to get to high wattage vaping. I am fairly new and still learning but don't want to buy tons of mods like 60watts to 100 watts to 150 and so forth I want something to simply just hit 200watts or know it can when I do decide to hit 150. I'm not the type of person to constantly be buying mods I'm not into collecting mods as I am RTA and RDA's so i'd rather spend the money on those rather then mods and some of those are pretty pricey for the authentic ones not a huge fan of clones unless they prove to be better then the originals which some do.
Gotcha. Good thinking then.

Then I'd suggest to try and find an eliquid you like and see if it has a clone recipe and save money by making your own juice.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
If money is tight the place to invest is DIY, something I did some weeks back. My cost is about 2.5 cents per ml. Don't be intimidated by the flavor thing. Some people want to seem important because they have some deep dark flavor secrets, baloney. I got $100 worth of stuff frm MSF. Half of that was a 1 liter bottle of 100mg nic which will last me 3 years. From the same place I got 30 ml of one flavor, something called Cuppucino by Capella. I added 3.5% of that to the first batch and preferr it to all the pre mix stuff I've tried. My liquid cost is now $3.60 a month, $45 a year.

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
i just bought the snow wolf i dont vape at anywhere near 200W, but it is nice to know i can if i want. :D
Exactly! Just like buying a car that will top out at 130mph. It doesn't mean you ever have to go anywhere near that fast, but maybe you like the car, it's options, it's style, etc.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
alright seeing as how everyone suggest DIY first think I will go that route

From a money saving standpoint, you'd be hard pressed to find a better route! It's actually fun seeing what you can come up with. Simple fruit flavors are easy. When you get into some complex recipes, you will have your share of failures but you'll still save money.

Reactions: jacob bonilla

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
so I was planning on getting the snow wolf 200wat mod but seeing as I'm fairly short on cash and want to get a new mod before DIY juicing idk if that will happen my juices are depleting pretty fast ever since I got my goblin mini.

I'm getting paid next week Friday don't think I will have enough for the snow wolf so I was wondering if a mech mod is worth buying for it's price or is it a smarter purchase to simply wait it out and buy the snow wolf? I'm not vaping anything at a high wattage at the moment so my mod can handle but it is so tiny in my hand makes it feel a bit weird imo.

it's either a mech mod, wait for snow wolf, or simply DIY juices and then save for the snow wolf. any opinions welcomed?

If you do not have any mech at all, I'd definitely get one.
Its good for a backup. And you can get one cheap.

As for getting into DIY, no point waiting if you have a tight budget; rememeber you can step into DIY in stages instead of trying to go full blown diy in one go.

Sm0keydaBear

Aug 13, 2015
Ok well here's my take. If you're going for a budget price mechanical mod that performs well, try yourself an iJust 2 kit. You can search around for prices, I've seen them going as low as 23-24 USD.

Temperature control mods are on the rise now, but I purchased me a Koopor Plus with 4 batteries and a Nitecore I4 charger for 70 USD total. Other than that, I don't think anything is going for that low and being of a quality of the higher-end mods that you can buy.

Rickw57

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2015
Haarlem
Ok well here's my take. If you're going for a budget price mechanical mod that performs well, try yourself an iJust 2 kit. You can search around for prices, I've seen them going as low as 23-24 USD.

Temperature control mods are on the rise now, but I purchased me a Koopor Plus with 4 batteries and a Nitecore I4 charger for 70 USD total. Other than that, I don't think anything is going for that low and being of a quality of the higher-end mods that you can buy.
How is an ijust 2 a mechanical mod? It's nowhere near a mech.

Sm0keydaBear

Aug 13, 2015
How is an ijust 2 a mechanical mod? It's nowhere near a mech.

How do you figure this? It functions exactly like a mechanical mod would, you press the fire switch, the battery sends unregulated voltage to the atomizer and is everything like a mechanical mod, but with a USB micro charge port, with the exception you can't exactly change the battery like normal.

Rickw57

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2015
Haarlem
How do you figure this? It functions exactly like a mechanical mod would, you press the fire switch, the battery sends unregulated voltage to the atomizer and is everything like a mechanical mod, but with a USB micro charge port, with the exception you can't exactly change the battery like normal.
A mechanical mod is a mod without wiring and without safety features. (yes, dual 18650 boxmods with copper wiring and mosfet are also mech mods). An ijust 2 has all that. Yes it does send "unregulated" power to your coil, but you can't put in a coil lower than, let's say, 0.2ohm. The device will only work above a certain resistance.

The device has low battery warning, on board charging etc etc. So while it may look like a mech mod, it certainly is not.

We'll stick this one in the "unregulated, regulated mod" corner. Just like the ego one series.

Sm0keydaBear

Aug 13, 2015
A mechanical mod is a mod without wiring and without safety features. (yes, dual 18650 boxmods with copper wiring and mosfet are also mech mods). An ijust 2 has all that. Yes it does send "unregulated" power to your coil, but you can't put in a coil lower than, let's say, 0.2ohm. The device will only work above a certain resistance.

The device has low battery warning, on board charging etc etc. So while it may look like a mech mod, it certainly is not.

We'll stick this one in the "unregulated, regulated mod" corner. Just like the ego one series.

Sorry but it's just a suggestion. In my opinion, if it looks like a mechanical mod, works just like a mechanical mod, and has safety features that prevent shorting and destroying batteries, all is good in my opinion. However, if you really want to break it down and tell someone to go for the more expensive option that works exactly the same, then go right ahead. I'm just not trying to send people into trying things that start out super expensive that they won't be able to resell and won't ever use again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread