MarkTen Comments - Also whats up with the new 2.5% cartridges ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDGoin

Dec 9, 2014
Midlothian, VA
OK.. first off I am a light smoker.. ( Can get heavy with a number of beers.. :) )

I love the MarkTen.. It's the most Cigarette like experience I have found.

Speaking of which, I would like to give props to this recharge case, from MarkTens site. Well made, and a metal exterior casing looks and feels nice.

MarkTen1.jpg MarkTen2.jpg MarkTen3.jpg

It was $39 and came with 2 batteries ($12 value) and 4 cartridges ($12 value) for $39 shipped..

If you start with 2 charged batts, and two fresh carts, it lasts me about 3 days. I used to smoke about a half a pack a day. Really like it.. Makes the whole "Experience" like that of a cigarette. I went from Silver 72s to the standard MarkTen ( 1.5% )

Also the case can recharge one battery from 100% dead.. or keep one "fresh".. SO long story short. Should last all day for a one pack smoker..

You can check the charge of the Cig Batt (BIG Light) or the case (little light) by pushing the button on the side. If y

MarkTen4.jpg

But I digress.. (BTW just a happy customer I dont work for Altria/NuMark/PM

That said.. I HATE the smell of cigarettes and especially used ones. This brings me back to my issue.

The new 2.5% cartridges smell.. not as bad as a used ...., but bad none the less. Also they burn my throat a bit. The 1.5% are MUCH smoother and don't smell.

I emailed MarkTen to find out if they will be offering two or if they boosted to 2.5% and thats it.. I hope not.. as I may have to quit MarkTen, just as I started to like them.

FWIW my son vaps and I did the pull the cap trick and added about 4 drops of Vap juice to the used tips.. works good. Especially when "chain smoking" while drinking a number of beers. Not as good as a fresh cart.. but when your 6 beers in who cares. He had 0.6% oil that worked well when your chain smoking to keep you from over nic'ing.

Last edited:

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Glad that you found something that works for you and keeps you happy, CDGoin. I've got a number of various mods and whatnot, myself... but last night, I decided to pick up one of the new Mistic Bridge cig-a-likes... it uses a tank style cartridge that has no wick. It's been a LOOOOONG time since I've used a cig-a-like, but I gotta say that I am a bit impressed with it. It will not be my daily vape, but it definitely makes for a suitable back-up device for me... They just came out this month, and Walgreen's has them on sale. Regular retail is around $15... Walgreen's had them for about $10, and there was a $2 coupon... $8 total, and you fill it with whatever juice you want... first cig-a-like that I've ever bought that I don't really regret... :lol:

*edit*
Just thought I'd add a link in case anybody wanted to see what I was talking about.
Mistic Bridge E-cig

Also just noticed that they have the tanks available for the Mark Ten batteries! Might be worth checkin' out for you, CDGoin!
Mistic Bridge Tank for Mark Ten

Last edited:

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
One thing to add to the cap trick is replacing the cotton filler in the cartridge with premade bottles juice. Instead of using the cotton or whatever the wick matterial is that they use now. Buy a pack of marine land blue size U fish filters at the local pet store. Will cost you a few bucks but literally last forever and is re-washable. Just cut a piece to size and it will work better then the original filler they use. I use to do that 5 years ago when I first started with those little cig like kits. My problem was being a very heavy smoker 3 packs a day, more if i was drinking that night. Helped me save a ton on the cost of cartridges.

For the burn you are getting with the 2.5% cart's it due to the increase of the nicotine. More nic, more power, more pg based liquids can all make for a harsher vape experience.

Thanks everyone.. I called M10 and they said that they plan on carrying both.. Given the confusion in the stores. I told them they may want to market the 1.5% as a Silver or Gold variant.. I was the only one going to the stores and that had even noticed the change. Not a lot of M10 users yet I would gather. But its definitely a big difference. I would even like to see them do a 0.5% and maybe even a 0.0%. as I personally would live to kick nicotine. But I like the experience and habit of smoking..

So I went around my area and as MarkTen is new here.. they had some places with "Coming Soon" stuff in the store. Some WaWa's and Sheetz had nothing but 2.5%, 7-11s had old 1.5% stock, but I did find a larger WaWa that had all the versions. I Think it MAY Have something to do with shelf space and or if the store buys their product for their shelves, or if the vendor fills the shelf space. As the Larger Wawa had a larger display area, The Sheetz have a tight display area than the Wawas and 7-11s, and the Mom&Pops had the "Coming soon".

Anyway, I can see though where true Vapors wouldn't like it, that said, I personally have only full time "vaped" for the last two weeks or so. As I said though, my son used Cig-a-Likes, to the custom full blown contraptions.. I have also tried a lot of different ones and none stuck. I can say Vaping in general with big tanks and other contraptions wasn't for me.. To much maintenance, and too large.

With the Cig-a-likes, I noticed a difference between M10 it Blue and Vuse. But maybe thats just me. I will say they may have tailored the M10 specifically to Marlboro Light and Ultra Light smokers. Because I have smoked Native Spirit, Camel, etc.. when I bum from other people.. But I LIKE Marlboro and could do a blind test with regular cigs.

Long story short, I am sure the Vaping community is a LOT like the Beer one. Home Brewers vs Craft Brewers vs the Conglomerates. With the conglomerates trying at times to look like a craft brew. So different strokes for different folks.

My guess would be those that like Marlboro Lights would like the 1.5% M10, Marlboro Reds the 2.5% M10, the rest of the market would be divided. But those that like to roll their own ( brown or green organics ) or are more budget minded probably like the bigger Vap tanks and different flavors, etc. etc.. ;) as its cheaper and more a hobby.

For me its not a hobby.. its a "I NEED A CIGARETTE OR I may go postal on.... " etc.. so for me I think Nu-Mark/Altria/PM hit it on the head with the M10.

Last edited:

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
After playing with this Mistic for a little while, I really do recommend that you try the Bridge for your MarkTen battery if you really do want to further reduce your nicotine intake. It works great for a cig-a-like tank... and this is coming from a die-hard mech mod/rebuildable atomizer guy... good luck in the future, man... good job on stayin' off the smokes!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Mark 10.

Even a $30 evod is going to save you so much money long-term you won't believe Altria can even consider selling such a devious product.

(Oh, wait, Altria sell tobacco... oh, so that's normal)

Every review I have ever read across the globe tells me this product is 1. quite bad and 2. absurdly expensive.

It's just not true that a refillable doesn't make sense to an ex liqht smoker. eRoll? KR808D1? These products work out massively cheaper and don't line the pockets of tobacco company executives.

Mark 10.

Even a $30 evod is going to save you so much money long-term you won't believe Altria can even consider selling such a devious product.

(Oh, wait, Altria sell tobacco... oh, so that's normal)

Every review I have ever read across the globe tells me this product is 1. quite bad and 2. absurdly expensive.

It's just not true that a refillable doesn't make sense to an ex liqht smoker. eRoll? KR808D1? These products work out massively cheaper and don't line the pockets of tobacco company executives.

I have seen reviews on both sides.

They tend to go this way:

Experienced Vaper - Dislike ( Too simple, Expensive, etc.. )

Anti-Corporate - Dislike ( Money in the pockets argument )

Heavy Smoker - Dislike ( Doesn't last long enough )

Not looking at Vaping as a hobby - Like ( Simple )

Looking to Vaping to match the "experience", and eliminate the smell and other issues with "smoking" - Like ( Does a good job of replicating the analog experience )

Light smoker - Like ( Lasts all day and again experience is a good one )

My Review :

Also unlike going off "reviews" I use it. In my case, the experience is better with M10 and I find the cartridge style of the M10 to be more to my liking and style than tanks or other options. The draw, the experience, flavor, etc..

I am paying for convenience and a consistent experience each time, as replacing the cart is a simple straightforward 10 sec job, its a mess free experience, and always the same. That's my review for what its worth, and its a positive one.

Again to each their own, as I pointed out above.

As for expensive and devious product ?

M10 kit at store : $8.99 ( Battery, USB Charger and 1 Cart )

Cart refills : $5.99 (2 Carts)

2 Carts lasts me a day and a half, I smoked a pack of Silver 72s a day at about $4 a pack.. ( I live in VA ) So its the same cost if not a "little" cheaper.

The $39 recharge case (Shown above) was cheaper than similar cases I looked at or about the same. As I noted it came with 2 batterys and 2 carts. a $20 value.. so it was about $20. Again I don't see that as being expensive.

Also no more expensive than other store bought product like Vuse, Blu, etc.. so don't see how is it "absurdly expensive". Is it more expensive than using a tank and juice and such.? Yep. As noted above.. I am paying for convenience and a consistent experience each time.

My case is nice and small, like carrying a pack of cigarettes really. Swapping out carts takes no time, and I don't have to maintain or carry around a lot of items. Just my case that has the equal of a pack of cigs in it..

I guess my perspective is different than most.. as my son is a big modder, and mechanical guy. So I was fairly well informed about the whole market and had tried a lot of the other products. But as I noted none stuck.. they werent what I was looking for.

The M10 may have hit the market late.. but I look at it as kind of like a iPhone of E-cigs.. They provided a simple, nicely packaged product that does the job very well. Its not perfect, or cheap, but it will work for a lot of people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread