Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
How so? If your preferred vape is 1.1ohms at 4.2 volts, which draws roughly 3.8 amps. With a variable wattage device, this would be identical to setting the power to 16 watts using the same coil.

Now if you mean consistent amps, then yes, a regulated device will provide a consistent current draw across the life of the battery.
Yes. Consistency.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
@ed101z – If I may ask, why a cut off at 3.7 volts? Many cells enter their nominal operating range in the 3.6 to 3.7 volt range. This is the voltage the cell operates for the longest.

At 3.75, I like to change batteries because it feels weak at this point. I usually dry fire the coil first; and swap out batteries.

Be aware that the LG HG2 button-tops are no good for the Reo, Jan @JC Okie tried them but found that LG stuck a button on top of the flat top and it makes it too long and over-compresses the spring. I've been using the LG HG2 flat-top for several years now and they work fine - no magnets and with 3000mAh they last well.
DaveD

...there goes that idea then. :2cool: JC is usually spot on. :thumb:

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Sorry I’m late to the party @ed101z but I also went the flat top route (pink ones) after Jan and others suggested a year or so ago and run them just fine in my Grands.

And hi there :)

Hi Robin. Been working a lot and just now seen your post. Hope things are going ok. It's good to hear more confirmation that Flat Tops work good. I've not ordered any batteries yet. Will keep this in mind when I get around to it. Just wish AW's were available.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I've recently used some button top 20amp 28650s.. didnt take long before I was freaking out as to why my like new grand wasn't hitting good!

Using button tops, they arch like mad and so there now pitted causing a weak connection.

I've been using flat tops now for a few years.. prob a year atleast without those reo small magnets on top (to simulate a button top) hehe.

Anyways those are all good!

So its gota be something with the metal in those button tops that make them arch.

Reactions: Robinowitz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread