Are these legit Sony 18650 VTC4 batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonkeypickle

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
'murrikka
Are these legit Sony 18650 VTC4 batteries from MyVaporStore?

SONY VTC4 18650 2000mAh Battery - Button Top - 30A

I know MyVaporStore is a highly reputable website, but all the Sony VTC4 batteries I have seen have all been flat tops, and I see that MyVaporStore also sells button top Sony VTC4? Are these button tops legit?

i have both the flat and button top vtc4 from my vaporstore, the button top didn't work in my mod so i gave it to a friend, hence i cannot really comment on if i belive it's real or not. both the markings on the batteries were the same, only difference was a white plastic top on the button top where the "nipple" is. i would give em a call if you're still hesitant, although them being a pretty reputable vendor on here has me assuming it's probably the real deal.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Can't say about those exact batteries, but I can certainly vouch for MyVaporStores legitimacy as a quality vendor. They're unlikely to knowingly sell fakes.

They also carry the Efest 30amp 18650s, which I personally really like. My #1 subohm battery has always been the AW IMR 18650 1600mah, but I thought Id try and find a second battery I really liked. So far, I love the Efests. Plan on trying the Orbtronic SX22's next.

My PURELY anecdotal opinion on the Sony VTC4s, is for whatever reason, I just dont feel like they hit as hard as my AWs or my Efests. Could be completely in my head, and like I said, PURELY anecdotal here.. but I feel like they have some inherent voltage drop on subohm loads, and dont deliver the same juice as the AWs and Efests do. I also feel like even though they're 2100mah and the other two are 1600, they the Sonys dont last any longer, despite their higher MAH rating.

Ive done no quantifiable or qualitative testing to say that my comments are anything but anecdotal speculation and personal opinion. Keep that in mind.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread