Kayfun V4 not wicking! (Original)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ong.kelvin

Jul 9, 2015
I have been building and vaping my kayfun v4 perfectly for the past 2 months. Flavour is amazing!
Now all of a sudden after cleaning the tank and filling it back up its not wicking! The cotton just dries up with no juice left. I have been doing the exact same thing!
I understand the whole pressurised system. My method is to lock the fill ring at the bottom then open the top cap to fill. I close the top cap then unlock the fill ring and i see bubbles coming up but the juice is not going into the wick chamber.
I tried not priming it to see if the wick is soaking up but its not.
Anyone experienced this please help me out! This is really frustrating!

ong.kelvin

Jul 9, 2015
How does this look? Deck looks down to me.
image.jpg

ong.kelvin

Jul 9, 2015
Ok its air tight, juice is being sucked into the chamber.
I tried removing the bottom section without locking the deck and reassembling it. This helps with the wicking but it still does not wick anywhere as fast as it should.
If i lock the deck, open top cap, fill up...close top cap and unlock the deck...it will not wick again. I have to open the bottom section and close it back and then shake it around untill all bubbles rise then it wicks but not anywhere near as fast as it should be.
Argghh! This has got to be the most frustrating moment in my vape life!

ong.kelvin

Jul 9, 2015
So this is how i am getting it to wick for the time being.
Lock deck...open top cap...fill 80%...close top cap. Then turn it upside down before I unlock the deck. Then I have to give it a few hard shakes...suck on it real hard a few times...few more shakes then i see air bubbles risingg. Shake it some more and more bubbles rise.
This helps is wicking but I know its still not wicking at 100% efficiency because usually when I vape it with a looser cotton it would gurgle, now its just sputtering (dont know what to call it). Im also not getting the full on flavour which I used to get.
Before, it didnt matter which side was facing up when i opened the deck and did not have to suck hard and shake it around. It would just wick itself and was pretty quick to wick in my previous experience. Im really baffled as to why this is happening!!!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
What's the PG/VG percentage of your juice? High VG is thick and wicks more slowly. I never had any issues with juice delivery on the KF4, but I vape 80pg/20vg juice.

I got tired of fiddling with the juice control ring early on and started unscrewing the deck section with the atty inverted and filling from the bottom. You can fill it up, replace the deck, and vape. You have to replace the o-ring more often because you are wearing it by unscrewing the deck and reinstalling it often, but it also gives you an opportunity to change the wick and dry burn the coil often. Both need to be done at least once a week. Plus, you know the JC ring is open because you get to eyeball it while filling.

RtotheK

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
california
I was just gonna post this msg on here and saw this thread. I'm having the same issue but I have 3 kayfun v4's one original and 2 clones.

I have 3 kayfun v4's, one authentic and 2 clones and all of a sudden they all don't wick lick they used to. I only use them in temp control and they always keep flashing temp protected. I dropped my nic down and got new juices the only thing I can think of is that I got max vg juice and maybe it's too thick to wick properly? I find myself priming it after every two hits, then it will leak through the holes. It's becoming a big hassle, does anyone have a solution or a better RTA that will wick thicker juices? I'm looking for a new RTA anyway but want a glass tank so I don't have to worry about cracking the plastic tank. I'm also want the tank to work good with temp builds.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I was just gonna post this msg on here and saw this thread. I'm having the same issue but I have 3 kayfun v4's one original and 2 clones.

I have 3 kayfun v4's, one authentic and 2 clones and all of a sudden they all don't wick lick they used to. I only use them in temp control and they always keep flashing temp protected. I dropped my nic down and got new juices the only thing I can think of is that I got max vg juice and maybe it's too thick to wick properly? I find myself priming it after every two hits, then it will leak through the holes. It's becoming a big hassle, does anyone have a solution or a better RTA that will wick thicker juices? I'm looking for a new RTA anyway but want a glass tank so I don't have to worry about cracking the plastic tank. I'm also want the tank to work good with temp builds.

I get that when I create a wick that's a little too tight inside the coil. I find that an easy slip fit in the coil is just right. If you twist the wick material too tightly when you are making the wick, it expands as it relaxes and even more when it soaks up juice. You can end up with a wick that is choked by the coil. I try to make the wick with just a small amount of pressure to form it, then tightly twist just the end to make it enter the coil. If the coil shreds material off the wick when you insert it, it may be too big.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I'm out of ideas. The fact that it worked well for you for 2 months makes me think you know how to wick it. But, we all have senile moments. I went 5 months on my Lemo before I messed up a wick, lol!

I had a less than ideal wick every once in awhile on the k4. Its easy to block the wick holes. I would just kind of readjust it with a screwdriver and was always fine then that second time around. Maybe you're just anxious and the wick isn't quite perfect. If you have another vape, maybe ignore it for a day and then go back to it.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have been building and vaping my kayfun v4 perfectly for the past 2 months. Flavour is amazing!
Now all of a sudden after cleaning the tank and filling it back up its not wicking! The cotton just dries up with no juice left. I have been doing the exact same thing!
I understand the whole pressurised system. My method is to lock the fill ring at the bottom then open the top cap to fill. I close the top cap then unlock the fill ring and i see bubbles coming up but the juice is not going into the wick chamber.
I tried not priming it to see if the wick is soaking up but its not.
Anyone experienced this please help me out! This is really frustrating!

Three possibilities.

1. You have the juice control closed or partially closed.

2. Your juice flow ports are partially blocked.

3. The wick is too tight.

nafsnep

Jul 30, 2014
US
Three possibilities.

1. You have the juice control closed or partially closed.

2. Your juice flow ports are partially blocked.

3. The wick is too tight.

Don't know if you tried but I'd check the juice flow holes on the bottom of the tank and the ones near the deck. When I clean my K4 I've been pushing a pin through those 4 holes and wiggling it. Then I brush out underneath them. Sometimes I get a tiny bit of gunk most times nothing. Couldn't hurt to try. I haven't had this problem yet. Only problem I get is the wobble and I figured how to solve that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Caterpiller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread