Status
Not open for further replies.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I have already posted this in another thread, but figured I would give it it's own thread for those that didn't see it.

First let me say I was really excited about getting the EHPro Kayfun v4. All of my past EHPro clones, 4 KFL+, were spot on and trouble free. So I had very high expectations for their version of the new Kayfun v4. I was seriously let down.

Out of the box it looks like a quality piece. It comes with the three different tank sections as well as a bag of extra parts. That is where the honeymoon ends.

First the most noticeable issue. The juice control will not turn. I have tried gripping it with everything outside of something that might damage it, and it will not budge. I am sure if I put some major force with some vice grips it may turn. But that would be at the expense of possible damage or breakage. Major flaw #1

Second issue. One of the best features of the Svomesto Kayfun v4 is the ability to fill it from the top. This is done by turning the juice control off (see above - the part I could not get to turn) and then removing the top cap. You fill and put the top cap back on and open the juice control back up. Well one crucial part of this is on the top cap. There is a flat area on the threads. The purpose of this is to allow air to escape as you are screwing the cap back on. This helps it obtain it's vacuum again. Great concept huh??? Well yes it would be. But for some EHPro decided to not include this flat spot on the top cap. How this would affect it when filling I don't know. best guess would be it would force liquid down into the chimney and cause major flooding and leaking. How they could leave what is a crucial part of the new design of the Kayfun v4 is beyond me. Major flaw #2

So that is where my review ends. No performance review. Sorry. I am not going to waste my time trying to get this to work. Even if I were to get the juice control lose without damage there is no guarantee it will work with the design flaw in the top cap. There are potential work-arounds for filling like taking the build deck off and filling through the holes in the chimney. But to me that takes away from one of the best features of the kayfun v4. Easy top filling.

So in closing I can not recommend the EHPro Kayfun v4 no matter how much of a fan I was of there previous products. They have really dropped the ball with this one. Which is surprising from a company that is known for making top quality clones. If you are looking for a decent Kayfun v4 clone check out the Tobeco. Apparently they got it right.

EDIT:
Let me just add a little bit more. I played with an EHPro Kayfun v4 at a local shop last week before ordering one. The juice control did work on that one. And others have had no issues with it. I am sure mine is just on extremely tight. If I knew there wasn't the chance of damage I would force the issue. It is the top cap that is the big issue with it.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Why not get the black Tobeco and have a problem free, quality piece?

I bought a silver one. The all black Tobeco didn't really appeal to me as much. Its not here yet though. I like the contrast of the silver engravings on the black EHPro. So yes, if they fix it, I want it. Is it wrong to like something because of its looks?

Eric in NJ

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
New Jersey
This thing sucks compared to my real Kayfun 4, I ordered another real one. Trying to get it to work with nickel is damn near impossible. Like the OP said the flat spots are missing from the fill cap which causes flooding when after a fill, also I can't get the insulator out of the lower piece to fully disassemble the thing. I soaked it twice in alcohol and washed it out in warm water but still has a machine oil taste, just over all unhappy with this turd. Comparing it to the real one this thing falls short, first and last clone I will ever buy. Only bought it because I love the kayfun 4 and this one was black and looks nice, other than that it will just be a paper weight.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
My black Tobeco clone is working perfectly on my rDNA40. All I had to do was wash it with dish washing liquid, build a ni200, wick, fill and vape. It worked perfect out of the box unlike my FT "A" version but with a few tweaks, it works great too.

DSC_2256_zps1fd7ffc5.jpg

Eric in NJ

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
New Jersey
I wouldn't disregard all clones. A lot of them are great. The Tobeco is working with nickel.

I would rather just buy the real thing. I only bought this one because it was black and looked cool. I'm glad some of you found a way to make the clones work but for me I will just use the authentic's from now on.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
This thing sucks compared to my real Kayfun 4, I ordered another real one. Trying to get it to work with nickel is damn near impossible. Like the OP said the flat spots are missing from the fill cap which causes flooding when after a fill, also I can't get the insulator out of the lower piece to fully disassemble the thing. I soaked it twice in alcohol and washed it out in warm water but still has a machine oil taste, just over all unhappy with this turd. Comparing it to the real one this thing falls short, first and last clone I will ever buy. Only bought it because I love the kayfun 4 and this one was black and looks nice, other than that it will just be a paper weight.

Where did you find an authentic in stock out of curiosity? I'd like to pick one up too.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Raguvian

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2014
Houston
I bought a silver one. The all black Tobeco didn't really appeal to me as much. Its not here yet though. I like the contrast of the silver engravings on the black EHPro. So yes, if they fix it, I want it. Is it wrong to like something because of its looks?

Sorry I didn't realize there was a difference in the looks between the Tobeco and EHPro black versions. The center metal tank section on the EHPro does look nice. I wonder if you could buy that separately?

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Press play in this imbedded video and it should start at 11m38s where it shows how to loosen the JC if it's tight.

That was to loosen the build deck. Not the JC. I tried using an allen wench when I first got it to get more leverage while trying to turn the JC. No luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread