• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Juicewhore - has anyone else tried this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
How dare you portray us women ecig users as "juicywhores". ...

...Sick and tired of having to defend my gender and how important appropriateness is in the buisness world.

I think you went a little too far. The cartoon portrays all women e-cig users no more than John Wayne Gacy represents all clowns.

It's a gross cartoon that would not entice me to buy their "juice", however, if the vendor thinks they can capitalize on that niche in the marketplace, I say go for it. There are many men and women who are not offended by the name or the cartoon.

..... doesn't necessarily mean a Pro in the Aussie venacular... Jeez some people are prudes!!!

Yeah, and that isn't supposed to be a "Lewinsky" stain on her shirt, Kiwi

(lol, you get that one for calling us yanks ;))

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
Wow, this thread definitely went into an interesting off topic! I have to be honest and say that I had not noticed the logo before. I thought all this was just about the name. The vehemence here seems more reasonable when looking at the logo.

Personally, while I can see the viewpoint in regards to the logo, I see it as far less offensive than the massive irresponsibility coming from Western media corporations. Teenage girls being sexualized in print ads, music and media. I mean, teenage girls being made up in sexy outfits and makeup, prancing around on stage and sell millions of albums and music videos and such. For my country, I see this trend of the last 2 decades partially responsible for the influx of child molesters from Western countries that exploit our poverty stricken children in the pedophile sex trade.

As for a cartoon adult woman being depicted in this way, I can see that its not appropriate. However, I find it far less offensive than the above. For me, and this is just IMO, till western women's rights groups start to work on that problem. Start boycotting these companies that are exploiting teenage girls and boys and stop them from over sexualizing children, they have very little credibility with me on issues of the media's exploitation of adult women.

soundasleep

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2011
Mulgrave - VIC - AU
As for a cartoon adult woman being depicted in this way, I can see that its not appropriate. However, I find it far less offensive than the above. For me, and this is just IMO, till western women's rights groups start to work on that problem. Start boycotting these companies that are exploiting teenage girls and boys and stop them from over sexualizing children, they have very little credibility with me on issues of the media's exploitation of adult women.

Here, here! To be fair, the Aussie vendors are very careful not to sell *anything* to under 18's even though we can't even put nicotine in our ejuice. So it is meant for "adults only". I have to admit, maybe a clickfree splash page is a good idea...

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
Wow, this thread definitely went into an interesting off topic! I have to be honest and say that I had not noticed the logo before. I thought all this was just about the name. The vehemence here seems more reasonable when looking at the logo.

Personally, while I can see the viewpoint in regards to the logo, I see it as far less offensive than the massive irresponsibility coming from Western media corporations. Teenage girls being sexualized in print ads, music and media. I mean, teenage girls being made up in sexy outfits and makeup, prancing around on stage and sell millions of albums and music videos and such. For my country, I see this trend of the last 2 decades partially responsible for the influx of child molesters from Western countries that exploit our poverty stricken children in the pedophile sex trade.

The overt sexualization of minors in our culture is disgusting, unfortunately people like to use freedom of speech and anti censorship to shout down morals. If a woman's rights group dares to have an issue with something we are looked upon as overly sensitive prudes. Think about this...why should a strip club seek out 18yr old "dancers" but the customers have to be 21 to enter. What kind of message are we sending? We have to be adults to watch children strip naked for us?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
This thread has become so far far derailed its not worth fixing......... so I'm closing it.

Don't like the vendor's site - Don't buy from them, contact them directly & complain (as they can't discuss here). People have choices....... use them.

The thread was created to inform others of another supplier option for juice, not to debate the ethics of company names & graphics, let alone to compare Int'l acceptances of such while inviting controversy/support from outside Canada members. Try creating a thread on this matter in the "Lounge" or the "Outside", but not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread