iTaste vv3.0 - What is the connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello vapers. Brand new user and vaper here. I have been puffing on this vv3.0 for about two weeks now. The thing that is driving me crazy is understanding these connections. I simply must not be getting it. Everything I read about iTaste vv3.0 says "510". However, I bought a 510 tank and yep, it isn't the same connection used by the vv3.0. Is the iTaste VV3.0 510? or is the tank 510? From what I can tell the accessories I'm looking at are indeed 510. But then what is the connector to this iTaste vv3.0 if it isn't 510? I see all kinds of people hooking up these Kanger aerotanks to this vv3.0 but from what I see those aerotanks are those tiny 510 connectors, which is much smaller than the connector on the vv3.0. Either innokin is not disclosing what the real connector is on the vv3.0, the accessories are not 510, or maybe i'm just not getting it. For the past two weeks I've been searched all over Dodge, banging my head into my desk, looking for answers but i'm not really getting anywhere and it's making me feel pretty stupid as it seems nobody has this same problem. I've been looking EGO to 510 adapters and what I find do not match. Yet, again, i see plenty of people hooking up these 510 accessories to the iTaste using some kind of adapter. Where are they finding these adapters? What are they called? I did see in some other thread that somebody found an EGO to EGO 510 adapter that looked to be what I was looking for, but the link provided to lj's esmokes shows the adapter as sold out. I've not seen this adapter anywhere else. So i'm lost. I'm not even sure that's the adapter i'm looking for. Or maybe all of these people hooking up these tiny 510 connections to the vv3.0 are illusions. Does anybody know what i'm struggling with here? Am I simply nuts and not conveying my issue well? This is becoming pretty frustrating. I know the iClear 16 will connect without adapter, so I've tried to figure out via iClear 16 what its connector is and i'll be dumbstruck as nobody says what that connection is. It feels like some government conspiracy that the world knows but me. Any help on this would be oh so much appreciated. THANKS!

Relaxed5311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Des Moines, IA, USA
Hello,

It has what they call "ego threading" so a 510 will fit on the inside of the connector, or you can use a tank that has ego threading to cover the threads completly.
i3XxuWe.jpg

Most people who use a 510 tank on ego threading use a beauty ring on it or also called an Ego Cone and ends up looking like this with the cone on it...
t1vLbsQ.jpg

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
510 refers to the connector on the vv3, it's the "female" part. Some of the tanks have an "ego" type 510 connector that will work on some mods and not others without an adapter.The adapter for these would be a 510 to ego adapter. An example would be like for a Provari. ANY 510 threaded tank will work on a vv3. Aero, T3D etc. Iclear16 is a 510 threaded tank. Most or all tanks are 510 threaded. Hope this helps:) We were all new once :vapor:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
what you are struggling with is confusion of the description...
the 510 is the threaded part inside the smaller area of the VV3's connect point
the larger threaded part on the outside lower section of the VV3's connect point is the "ego/Evod" thread
most of the rebuildable tanks/drippers use the 510 connection, the generally plastic clearomizers ( CE4 C20 Evods) use the Ego/Evod threads....

HTH

chellemmm

Chihuahua Queen
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Florida
Maybe this will help.:

ego-510-thread.jpg

You should not need to get an adapter for the Itaste vv/vw. Both 510 and Ego threaded toppers work fine. A beauty ring will cover up the threads if you like that look.

Beauty%20Ringnn-500x500.JPG

Here is what it looks like on a device with a 510 topper:

iTaste_MVP___VV.jpg

You don't NEED it, just makes a heavy topper more stable and covers up the Ego threads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread