Volt Itaste MVP 2 Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerfmon

Jan 5, 2014
Longmont, CO
Hi all, I purchased a Volt Itaste MVP 2 starter kit from Smokeless Image recently. The kit came with two iClear 16 Clearomizers and seems to work well. My confusion comes with the connector. The literature plainly states the MVP 2 has a 510 connector. So I ordered a couple of extra iClear 16 Clearomizers from another vendor and they don't fit on the MVP connector! The Clearomizers I purchased have a much longer center pin than the ones that came with the Volt setup, and won't allow them to screw on to the connector of the MVP. I've looked at other Itaste MVP batteries and noticed they have connectors with a much deeper recessed center pin connection and would probably work with the Clearomizerers I purchased.

So I'm wondering if the Volt Itaste MVP 2 has a propitiatory connector on it, a variation of the standard 510 connector? Is there an adapter I can buy to use standard 510 carts? Oh BTW, a friend of mine uses a Bloog system with the same Clearomizers and his are the same as the ones that came with my Volt, and will work with my Volt Itaste MVP. Thanks, I'm a newbie to all this.

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
volt and bloog both love the 808 threading for their batteries and clearos - I am sure they had innoken make them special for them so you would be stuck purchasing from them

you may try an 808 to 510/ego adaptor 901 to [510] Adapter (yes it says 901 but 901 and 808 are mostly identical)

and welcome to the ECF

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
^^^^^^^^DakotaJim...
Main Features:
Variable Voltage:
voltage can be adjusted from 3.3 – 5.0 volts in .1 volt increments.
VariableWattage:
Wattage can be adjusted from 6.0 – 11.0 W in .5 watts increments.
Ohmsmeter :
Reads resistance of your atomizer/cartomizer/clearomizer.
Puff Counter:
Short Circuit/Atomizer Protection:
Over-Discharge Protection:
Battery Level Indicator:
Large battery capacity:
iTaste MVP e-cigarette built-in 2600 mAh polymer Li-Ion rechargeable battery.
High compatibility 808d1 connector:
Thread fit all VOLT clearos and cartos - recommended VOLT iclear clearo
ON/OFF battery switch:
10 seconds cutoff:
Passthrough:
Remembers last set voltage or wattage :
Remembers last set voltage or wattage when the battery is turned off and then back on.
Built-in 3 digit display :
Digital display shows Ohms meter, Voltage /Wattage setting, number of puffs taken since last time the
battery was turned off.
Portable power source for electronic products - you can charge you cell phone with this!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...olt-iclear-dual-coil-clearos-itaste-mvp2.html

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I love that, "High compatibility 808d1 connector". Funny, the literature that came with the Volt Itaste MVP clearly states that it uses a 510 connector. Oh well, live and learn. And if all it takes is a 2 dollar adapter to use standard 510 clearos then no big deal.
Jerry
If it's within 30 days you could get a partial refund. 510 threaded MVP 2 are selling for about $40.00.
"Customer Satisfaction is of utmost importance at Smokelessimage.com. If you are dissatisfied with merchandise purchased through Smokelessimage.com for any reason, you may return the item within 30 days from the time of the order. For sanitary reasons, and the overall safety of our Customers, we cannot accept returns of Filter Tips. Therefore, our Returns Policy EXCLUDES any and all cartridges or liquid. At your option, you may receive a full refund, excluding shipping cost, or a replacement item if available. The process is very simple and straightforward:"
Terms of Service

Seeing as both the reviews http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...olt-iclear-dual-coil-clearos-itaste-mvp2.html clearly state it's 510 and eGo threading I believe you wouldn't have a problem.

Last edited:

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama

Sarah-Tiffany

Jan 21, 2014
    Michigan
    FINALLY! I found someone else that had the same problem as me...I was beginning to think that I was the only one dealing with this, as ALL of the MVPs I have come across online seem to be able to fit an iclear 30 no problem. I have been sitting here all morning trying to figure out why in the world it appears only MY iclear 30s are not fitting!!! SO, I just got finished chatting with a rep. from Smokeless Image/Volt, and she informed me that my 30s have a 510 threading, and their MVP is 808 threaded. So, yeah DakotaJim is correct..you just need to purchase a 808d1 to 510 adapter. I wish I would have seen this thread THREE HOURS AGO!!! lol I have been sitting here beating my head against the wall trying to figure out why it seemed only MY 30s weren't fitting correctly! (As you can tell I am a MOD newbie AND a natural born blonde! lol It takes me a bit sometimes;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread