Innokin iTaste 134 sitting in my mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

graffiti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
CT
Hi, everyone. First new post here.

So I found a really smoking deal on a second-hand 134. The mod and two PT2s ran me $40 shipped. I couldn't turn it down. It's not a perfect specimen, but for the cost of the two PT2s, I didn't think I could go wrong. As my title says, it's currently sitting in my mailbox at home.

Anyhow, down to business. I have to questions about this that the smart people here might be able to help me with. First (and probably easiest) I want to make sure I got batteries that will work. I bought two Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mah Protected Flat Top batteries. I've seen them included with 134s in "Other people bought with this product" on several stores. So I'm assuming I'm right.

Now the second question is a little more technical. The reason this mod was so cheap was that the 510 threads are stripped. The eGo threads are just fine and it fires if you hold a 510 accessory onto the pin. Now, I've found (which wasn't easy) a eGo to eGo/510 adapter. That seems as though it will band-aid the problem. The issue I'm potentially seeing is that my 510 tanks and clearos won't sit flush with the collar, which I can see becoming an issue since 510 threads aren't terribly strong. The question is this: is there a better option than the adapter? Is there an airflow controller or something that attaches via eGo threads and sits more flush with the top of the collar (the adapter I ordered will raise the connector at least half an inch)? Or, barring that, is there any custom machined new collars that will raise the collar to be flush with the new connection (I ask since this is apparently an issue with Innokin, and maybe all, 510 connections)? Also, is there a way to replace the stock connections? I'm not bad with a soldering iron, so I could potentially fix it if I can get the right part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread