Intellicig evo hits America: Americans, "Holy Sh*t!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACKIEP

Feb 18, 2009
new jersey
thanks rat but ive been to that site twice and its says there out of everything so matt cant help ..lol ill keep checking back to see if and when they get some items in .im looking for a wall plug charger that will work in nj ,the ones on the evo site that come with there kits dont look like what we use here i dont think theyll fit our wall outlets .im using the usb charger that came with my kit as we speak i hope it works ...

JACKIEP

Feb 18, 2009
new jersey
thanks letzin ,ghee do i feel so stupid now using a blank cartridge DUHHHH.well i didnt know i was so excited to finally get it i just put it together and tryed to smoke it lol.. im so glad all you nice folks are here to help us newbies figure out what the hec were doing .well i love my evo so far now im trying to charge the battery for the first time it only lit up once so ill just wait about an hour and see what happends ,thanks again for helping this old granny with her vaping ...

Ricardo

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
MY 2 Cents-
Had my EVO for 2 weeks now(my 15th ecig)

Impression-

Vapor-poor at best- can't touch my DSE901

Cartridge- Leaks eliquid (after juicing w/ 2 drops, cause they came dry as hell)

Atomizer- NOT as pictured on website-DOES NOT have a full round mesh as pictured on THEIR website,

Battery- only outputs 2.8 volts on full charge, life is OK, but again vapor is poor.( MOST ecigs 3.8 - 4.2 volts)

Not sure if I got a defective one, as we know the defect rate is high.

I agree w/ Trog, "save your money get a DSE901"

I'd love to hear from other EVO owners

The generic penstyle I have(COSTS LESS) BLOWS THIS THING AWAY.

I am very disappointed

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
MY 2 Cents-

Impression-

Cartridge- Leaks eliquid (after juicing w/ 2 drops, cause they came dry as hell)

Atomizer- NOT as pictured on website-DOES NOT have a full round mesh as pictured on THEIR website,

Battery- only outputs 2.8 volts on full charge, life is OK, but again vapor is poor.( MOST ecigs 3.8 - 4.2 volts)

I am very disappointed

Hi Ricardo,

There are lots of other Evo owners on here and posts from them (try a search on "Evo" - you'll be reading for hours!)

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with yours. It may well be that yours is defective.

Where is the Trog quote from?

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
MY 2 Cents-

Impression-

I am very disappointed

Sorry about your luck, dude, but you got a defective unit if what you're saying is true.

An Evo with poor vapor? Unheard of.

And leaky carts? Never on the 4 I have.

Atomizer not as shown? HUH?? That pic is taken from an angle...the mesh isn't supposed to completely enclose the atomizer coil.

Battery only @ 2.8 volts? Not MY Genie batteries (or Mighty Atoms)

Defect rate high? I'm not so sure about that. I could be wrong but I don't think the defect rate has been higher than with any other e-cig...

Ricardo

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
Terraphon,

after reader for many hours I thougth the EVO was my answer and was greatly disappointed. I need to contact John, although they seem to be slow on response, since they are so busy. But in fact both of my fully charged batteries output only at 2.8 volts, so if yours output higher, they I must have some bad ones.Have you tested them with a voltmeter? Are they the same voltage as the DSE's( ie 3.8 - 4.4 or so??)

Call me crazy but look closely at the evo vaporizer on their site, is does have a fully enclosed top.
Who cares anyway, I was looking for great vapor and long life, I don't have either

Sorry about your luck, dude, but you got a defective unit if what you're saying is true.

An Evo with poor vapor? Unheard of.

And leaky carts? Never on the 4 I have.

Atomizer not as shown? HUH?? That pic is taken from an angle...the mesh isn't supposed to completely enclose the atomizer coil.

Battery only @ 2.8 volts? Not MY Genie batteries (or Mighty Atoms)

Defect rate high? I'm not so sure about that. I could be wrong but I don't think the defect rate has been higher than with any other e-cig...

Ricardo

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
E-Pipeman, not sure but if you ask Trog he'll remember where he posted it. Sorry but hundreds of pages later, it's hard to remember

Hi Ricardo,

There are lots of other Evo owners on here and posts from them (try a search on "Evo" - you'll be reading for hours!)

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with yours. It may well be that yours is defective.

Where is the Trog quote from?

tsb

Feb 24, 2009
Now that i've had time to test out my Evo, I thought i'd post a reply. I love the Evo, it gets lots of vapor (or alteast enough for me) and a satisfying throat hit. I was happy with vaporsdelight.com, they included 10 extra cartridges for me and it showed up in 2 days. 36.99 for the starter kit was the best price i saw for the evo. Usually only need to charge the battery once a day, but when it runs out the quick 30 minute charge in the usb charger is not that long a wait. I did reach the cutoff point for the first time the other day and panicked (i thought my battery had died on me). 3 cheers to vaporsdelight for quick shipping and low prices, and thanks intellicig for a quality product. I will order from them again.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Now that i've had time to test out my Evo, I thought i'd post a reply. I love the Evo, it gets lots of vapor (or alteast enough for me) and a satisfying throat hit. I was happy with vaporsdelight.com, they included 10 extra cartridges for me and it showed up in 2 days. 36.99 for the starter kit was the best price i saw for the evo. Usually only need to charge the battery once a day, but when it runs out the quick 30 minute charge in the usb charger is not that long a wait. I did reach the cutoff point for the first time the other day and panicked (i thought my battery had died on me). 3 cheers to vaporsdelight for quick shipping and low prices, and thanks intellicig for a quality product. I will order from them again.

Hi TSB,
I've been using Evos since Nov 08 and have to say - they work! Very reliable and huge battery life imho - and of course a v good vape. Good choice!

SuziQ

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Nr London, UK
I agree with e-pipeman. I had my first evo, a white one in Nov 08 and bought the black one in January. I have never had an atomiser die on me (yet) and my batteries are all still going (one of the white ones is a bit dodgy these days though). I have had a pilot since march and everything there is good still too. I use the evo atomiser and the pilot batteries (m401)along with the short evo ones(m402).
I now alternate between my black evo and the 510 and although the 510 puts out a bit more vapour, the evo is almost just as good and the battery life fab, even after months of daily use (I reckon I still get 6-8 hours out of all but the one). The taste of liquid is better in the evo than the 510.

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
I have similar experience! Although my EVOs don't hit as well as the vapour devices I have, I am used to the throat hit of 510s, 901s and pen atomisers so I vape 3 EVOs at a time they have been amazing backup devices. All 3 I have still work good as new, no replacement atomisers or batteries and the batteries just keep going all day!

From my personal experience I wouldn't recommend the EVO to those seeking massive throat hit unless you vape 3 at a time or for those refilling carts but they produce plenty of vapour, have been reliable and are very small for what they do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread